Clear Pop Base Acquisition

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HawkeyeX10

Clear Pop Base Acquisition

Postby HawkeyeX10 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:21 am

Quick question. Does anyone know where I might be able to acquire replacements for the round bases that some of the thinner more top-heavy Pops come on? (The clear stands like Miranda and Tali from the Mass Effect set) We recently purchased the Vocaloids set and two of the Pops are too top heavy to keep out of box without sticky tac'ing their feet to my display case. I'd love to just put them on a base and call it day.
First Pop!: Halo #06: Cortana
Latest Pop!: Games #91: Doom Cyberdemon
Grail: Funko Pop! Games '15 Assassin's Creed Arno (Blue Coat)

ntnon

Re: Clear Pop Base Acquisition

Postby ntnon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 am

HawkeyeX10 wrote:Quick question. Does anyone know where I might be able to acquire replacements for the round bases that some of the thinner more top-heavy Pops come on? (The clear stands like Miranda and Tali from the Mass Effect set) We recently purchased the Vocaloids set and two of the Pops are too top heavy to keep out of box without sticky tac'ing their feet to my display case. I'd love to just put them on a base and call it day.

Bound to be something like that at Michaels or similar craft shop.
This is Philip.

arisensun

Postby arisensun » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:27 am

I don't understand... how do they fall down inside of the box they come in? lol

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 am

I contacted Allison at Funko about a week and a half ago to see if they had extra clear bases and she said that they didn't. I've been using earthquake putty, but in the warmer months even the putty doesn't work very well.

HawkeyeX10

Postby HawkeyeX10 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:40 am

ntnon wrote:Bound to be something like that at Michaels or similar craft shop.

Something I guess we'll have to explore, I'd just hate to have some Pops on different bases. It would kill my OCD.

arisensun wrote:I don't understand... how do they fall down inside of the box they come in? lol

They fall outside the box silly, I just can't keep them outside with the rest because they constantly jump off my shelf.

edorice wrote:I contacted Allison at Funko about a week and a half ago to see if they had extra clear bases and she said that they didn't. I've been using earthquake putty, but in the warmer months even the putty doesn't work very well.

That's the issue we face too, it's too warm in the area and the putty might as well be mud.

Thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll just dig around at some craft stores and see what I can find for now. The longer I can avoid possibly damaging these guys the better, but it bothers me seeing them covered in their weight in poster tac too.
First Pop!: Halo #06: Cortana
Latest Pop!: Games #91: Doom Cyberdemon
Grail: Funko Pop! Games '15 Assassin's Creed Arno (Blue Coat)

ntnon

Postby ntnon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

HawkeyeX10 wrote:
ntnon wrote:Bound to be something like that at Michaels or similar craft shop.

Something I guess we'll have to explore, I'd just hate to have some Pops on different bases. It would kill my OCD.

Ah...! "Identical" rather than "similar" could indeed be tough...
This is Philip.

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Toy stores and collectable stores. They're very similar to the stands for Star Wars action figures and other small action figures. Though the ones that come with the stands have a hole in the figures foot. You'd have to make a hole or glue it down.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Jareth (regular version) and Worm, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and Michael from The Lost Boys.

herdnerfer

Postby herdnerfer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I put a top from a pill case under my Hatsune Miku. Didn't have to glue it down or anything, between that and the hair points touching the shelf, it seems pretty stable. I don't have the ones yet so I can't speak for them.

http://i.imgur.com/z7iuO9h.png

PrincessDaisy

Postby PrincessDaisy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 pm

Megan

Return to “Pop!”