Where are the new PSH lines!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
luckysalt

Where are the new PSH lines!

Postby luckysalt » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:02 pm

First post, long time lurker, huge PSH collector from UK.

Have to say I'm a bit concerned about the line.

MOTU, the latest set was announced in January and nothing has been announced since. Isn't it about time we had some new PSH announced! I hope Funko isn't giving up on the line, there's been tons of Mystery Mini's announced and now they seem to be moving onto Five Star, are they struggling for appropriate licenses that they haven't already done?

I wish with Adventure Time about to end they would have done an Adventure Time line to tie in with it.
I also feel WWE ones the set is limitless, but maybe the original set didn't do the numbers they wanted?

I see some potential lines in PSH mentioned on here and I think there's no way they will sell.

Be nice to hear from Funko that they still have plans for this line past MOTU.

dexiesmom

Re: Where are the new PSH lines!

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I love the PSHs!! Especially the Disney ones, there are so many more characters they could do. I hope they aren't going to stop the line.
Image ImageImage

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm concerned as well. I'm hoping for a Looney Tunes set and of course more Disney.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need Prince Eric, Ariel Movie Moment & Rock Candy, Lock, Shock, NBC Movie Moments, and HT Ursula w/ trident protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Munkyss4

Postby Munkyss4 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Definitely need more psh. Haven’t heard or seen anything new
Besides the one you mention “MOTU”
Would like to see some anime
:freddy3:

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:22 pm

More PSH would be cool

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Aw man. It didn’t occur to me how bad PSH have been doing recently. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Valde » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Where’s DC and Marvel series 2? I feel like those were pretty popular.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:08 am

If you saw a post I made a few days ago, a lot of places have most series on clearance. So not sure what the fate is. I like them but not the price tag for a blind chance at getting a figure I want. I'm also wondering if the whole blind bag thing has run it's course or if maybe "regulations" are coming into play in certain countries. If you are a gamer you know the scrutiny "loot boxes" and "customization loot" items are getting due to the "gambling" mentality behind them. Teaching kids at a young age to spend money in hopes of getting the thing they want randomly is being frowned upon. Wondering if Funko is going to stop all together, if you look at the new Mickey Anniversary Mini's the package appears to allow you to see the figures now instead of being a "mystery". They did the same thing with Dorbz back when they released originally were going to be a blind box style (see the Ultron box) before putting the window in.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:28 am

luckysalt wrote:I hope Funko isn't giving up on the line, there's been tons of Mystery Mini's announced and now they seem to be moving onto Five Star, are they struggling for appropriate licenses that they haven't already done?

Actually, while there are still minis listed in the pipeline, there hasn't been as much news for those either in recent times. The last announced set was over a month ago. It feels like they might be slowing down with those in general.

wmwadeii wrote:If you are a gamer you know the scrutiny "loot boxes" and "customization loot" items are getting due to the "gambling" mentality behind them. Teaching kids at a young age to spend money in hopes of getting the thing they want randomly is being frowned upon. Wondering if Funko is going to stop all together, if you look at the new Mickey Anniversary Mini's the package appears to allow you to see the figures now instead of being a "mystery". They did the same thing with Dorbz back when they released originally were going to be a blind box style (see the Ultron box) before putting the window in.

I hope not. It would be silly if they were to stop or forced to stop producing those. Surprise toys have been around for decades. Cracker Jack being one of the oldest ones, along with blind baseball and other trading card packs. Nowadays, surprise balls and whatnot are very popular with children (L.O.L. Surprise, Twozies, 5Surprise, Poopeez, etc), and I personally don't believe it promotes 'gambling' at least no more than any sort of other mystery or blind element. A lot of people enjoy surprises, and opening a blind box/bag is half the fun.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:27 am

wmwadeii wrote:If you saw a post I made a few days ago, a lot of places have most series on clearance. So not sure what the fate is. I like them but not the price tag for a blind chance at getting a figure I want. I'm also wondering if the whole blind bag thing has run it's course or if maybe "regulations" are coming into play in certain countries. If you are a gamer you know the scrutiny "loot boxes" and "customization loot" items are getting due to the "gambling" mentality behind them. Teaching kids at a young age to spend money in hopes of getting the thing they want randomly is being frowned upon. Wondering if Funko is going to stop all together, if you look at the new Mickey Anniversary Mini's the package appears to allow you to see the figures now instead of being a "mystery". They did the same thing with Dorbz back when they released originally were going to be a blind box style (see the Ultron box) before putting the window in.

I agree that the $4-$6 (depending on the store) price point for them doesn't seem like a payoff or worth it for most people, unless they want the whole set. Even with some sets I only try to get the ones I want since they are a bit pricey.
I have been wondering about how they are going to package things as well with the Mickey 90th minis coming out. I think if they window packages with everything, it might stop 1/72 chases since you can see them now. Which would be nice for when you want to complete a whole set.
Image ImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 pm

sylin wrote:
luckysalt wrote:I hope Funko isn't giving up on the line, there's been tons of Mystery Mini's announced and now they seem to be moving onto Five Star, are they struggling for appropriate licenses that they haven't already done?

Actually, while there are still minis listed in the pipeline, there hasn't been as much news for those either in recent times. The last announced set was over a month ago. It feels like they might be slowing down with those in general.

wmwadeii wrote:If you are a gamer you know the scrutiny "loot boxes" and "customization loot" items are getting due to the "gambling" mentality behind them. Teaching kids at a young age to spend money in hopes of getting the thing they want randomly is being frowned upon. Wondering if Funko is going to stop all together, if you look at the new Mickey Anniversary Mini's the package appears to allow you to see the figures now instead of being a "mystery". They did the same thing with Dorbz back when they released originally were going to be a blind box style (see the Ultron box) before putting the window in.

I hope not. It would be silly if they were to stop or forced to stop producing those. Surprise toys have been around for decades. Cracker Jack being one of the oldest ones, along with blind baseball and other trading card packs. Nowadays, surprise balls and whatnot are very popular with children (L.O.L. Surprise, Twozies, 5Surprise, Poopeez, etc), and I personally don't believe it promotes 'gambling' at least no more than any sort of other mystery or blind element. A lot of people enjoy surprises, and opening a blind box/bag is half the fun.

Oh I agree it's one of the things I hate about the argument in the video game loot boxes. It's really the same premise, but some countries are really pushing it as a type of gambling since they are blind change of getting the in-game loot you want.

Yeah I went to the girls section of Walmart the other day with my girlfriend and was shocked how much floor space is now taken up with "blind" toy types where you hope you get what you want and have to keep coming back for more if you don't. Again my biggest gripe on all of these is the cost, especially if your a parent. So that plays a factor too, when it's for kids the sales are based on parents buying habits, for things like Funko blind packs while usually considered toys they are more of a collectors market, example Lego Minifigs too most are bought by collectors not parents for their kids.
Images Unplugged

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 am

Fundays is just around the corner...

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm

You're right, it has been awhile.

Hoping 90s Nick, Looney Tunes, and Ad Icons are in the works. Wow, exiting myself with the PSH potential of those lines.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:58 am

No Pints from Fundays :/

lastmidnight

Postby lastmidnight » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am

I’m going to be really sad if PSH end up retiring. Absolutely adore this line! But no news from Fundays and no new series since MOTU is not a good sign
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Does anyone remember if there were any more in the pipeline after motu?
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

lastmidnight

Postby lastmidnight » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Popfanatics wrote:Does anyone remember if there were any more in the pipeline after motu?

I don’t think so. That was the last one the announced. And I still see the Horror and Sci-Fi sets on shelves, so that’s not a good sign
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Yeah me too!! I love PSH!!
Hi, my name is Calvin!

Image Image

IG: karubin_funko

Pop!: 1,100+
Dorbz: 120+
ISO: Jollibee Reg. & Metallic
Recent Haul: Gold Chrome Vegeta TT

TheFunkoSpdr

Postby TheFunkoSpdr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 pm

I feel like they should've done at least some PSH for Ant Man and the Wasp. If not a full blindbag set at least the three pack with one mystery.
Last edited by TheFunkoSpdr on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFunkoSpdr

Postby TheFunkoSpdr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:09 pm

GettingSodas wrote:No Pints from Fundays :/

I believe that PSH where listed under what we're getting for Fortnite at the Fundays reveal? Correct me if I'm wrong.

wmwadeii wrote:If you saw a post I made a few days ago, a lot of places have most series on clearance. So not sure what the fate is. I like them but not the price tag for a blind chance at getting a figure I want. I'm also wondering if the whole blind bag thing has run it's course or if maybe "regulations" are coming into play in certain countries. If you are a gamer you know the scrutiny "loot boxes" and "customization loot" items are getting due to the "gambling" mentality behind them. Teaching kids at a young age to spend money in hopes of getting the thing they want randomly is being frowned upon. Wondering if Funko is going to stop all together, if you look at the new Mickey Anniversary Mini's the package appears to allow you to see the figures now instead of being a "mystery". They did the same thing with Dorbz back when they released originally were going to be a blind box style (see the Ultron box) before putting the window in.

I feel like the best middle ground was the retro mystery mini set, as you pretty much kept a small 1/2 mystery, but you pretty much knew what you were getting.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:51 am

No you’re right we are getting Fortnite pints but I’m not really interested lol I collect very few of the pints lines.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:13 am

lastmidnight wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Does anyone remember if there were any more in the pipeline after motu?

I don’t think so. That was the last one the announced. And I still see the Horror and Sci-Fi sets on shelves, so that’s not a good sign

Considering how much yoko seems to love the psh...I’m hoping they do something special soon.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:10 pm

I was hoping for more news about PSH and minis from Fundays. Maybe they will announce more and were just focusing on the Pop and new lines (5 star) more.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm

mactds wrote:You're right, it has been awhile.

Hoping 90s Nick, Looney Tunes, and Ad Icons are in the works. Wow, exiting myself with the PSH potential of those lines.

Ad Icon PSH would be amazing. I'd love to have them in mystery mini and PSH format.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:56 pm

I hope we see more PSH lines. I'd love a second series of the Horror and Nightmare Before Christmas ones. Plus, I'd love to see completely new lines, too. I want Game of Thrones PSH just so I can have the dragons and dire wolves in pint format.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 am

I’m hoping for a regular DC and Marvel heroes line.

Batman and Spider-Man are awesome, but they just leave me wanting more

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 am

More Disney please :sully: :goofy:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Looks like we are getting a First 10 Years Marvel set. Oddly the characters really don't "symbolize" the first 10 Years unless there will be some exclusives for specific stores. All seem to be 1/12.

Captain America, Hulk, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki, Ultron, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Shuri, Thanos, Red Skull, Hella
Images Unplugged

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:35 pm

wmwadeii wrote:Looks like we are getting a First 10 Years Marvel set. Oddly the characters really don't "symbolize" the first 10 Years unless there will be some exclusives for specific stores. All seem to be 1/12.

Captain America, Hulk, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki, Ultron, Ant-Man, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Shuri, Thanos, Red Skull, Hella

Actually I love the 1/12....just have to find a buddy to share a case with :)

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Shalee04 wrote:More Disney please :sully: :goofy:

Hehe you would say that ;)

I’m still trying to locate a couple of series 2 Disney

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 pm

I love PSH! Hope this line keeps going.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423
Looking for Mortal Kombat & Overwatch protos. Animated Batman proto.

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 pm

wmwadeii wrote:Looks like we are getting a First 10 Years Marvel set. Oddly the characters really don't "symbolize" the first 10 Years unless there will be some exclusives for specific stores. All seem to be 1/12.

It’s Iron Man Mark II, not Ultron.
I don’t know what you mean when you say that it doesn’t represent the first 10 years of Marvel Studios, I’d say it does that pretty well.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Classier wrote:

I don’t know what you mean when you say that it doesn’t represent the first 10 years of Marvel Studios, I’d say it does that pretty well.

It is? Hmm... I didn't zoom in, so I guess the chest detail would give a better view, but it definitely looks like Ultron from a casual glance, and while the Mark II is probably a pretty iconic version, surely having Ultron in there and having the more distinctive (to non-Marvel super fans) makes a lot of sense? Not that they're short on bad guys, it's actually a pretty good selection, really... I love Hela (and she will be one of my must haves), but I'd put Ultron above her in the grand scheme of "First Ten Years" but that's just my 2c :)

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Classier wrote:

I’ll have to take a closer look. I thought it was Iron man too but yay for more psh’s!!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Where was the announcement about the Marvel Studios line?
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 pm

groundhog7s wrote:Where was the announcement about the Marvel Studios line?

No announcement, just leaks.
EDIT: Here they are.
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Classier on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:25 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
Classier wrote:

It is? Hmm... I didn't zoom in, so I guess the chest detail would give a better view, but it definitely looks like Ultron from a casual glance, and while the Mark II is probably a pretty iconic version, surely having Ultron in there and having the more distinctive (to non-Marvel super fans) makes a lot of sense? Not that they're short on bad guys, it's actually a pretty good selection, really... I love Hela (and she will be one of my must haves), but I'd put Ultron above her in the grand scheme of "First Ten Years" but that's just my 2c :)

I can say with 100% certainty that it’s Iron Man Mark II.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm just happy there's a Thanos. lol lol I need it.
ImageImage
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!! CHECK OUT MY HIP-HOP REVIEWS! https://thirstkey.com/
ISO: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, NEW BIGGIE PROTOS, TOY TOKYO B.I.G.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Classier wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Where was the announcement about the Marvel Studios line?

No announcement, just leaks.
EDIT: Here they are.
Spoiler: show

Thanks, you're awesome.

So are those!
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:08 am

The Marvel 10 year PSH are so great. Just when you think PSH are taking a break, they pull me back in.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Return to “Blind Bags”