EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
bdk33
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby bdk33 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 am

Has anyone seen the ratios? Watched the unboxing video but can't see!!

User avatar
RogueSolo
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4155
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm
Location: Southerntier, NY

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 am

Watched the glam video this morning, hyped!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
700 Mystery Minis, and growing!
Image

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Anyone seen one in the wild yet? The unboxing video by Funko says they are "out now" but trickling in.

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Found some...got a full box, below is my haul. No surprises here, two each of the commons...it was really nice to get the 1/72 Dengar...my goal is to get all bounty hunter's, so, was really hoping for Boba & IG-88, but, didn't expect them in the same carton. The characters are really cool, can't wait to get more, but, given what I got here, I will probably just ebay the rest to avoid spending hundreds of bucks on more commons.

Image

Image

bdk33
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby bdk33 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Awesome!!!!

w00kiee77
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby w00kiee77 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:47 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Found some...got a full box, below is my haul. No surprises here, two each of the commons...it was really nice to get the 1/72 Dengar...my goal is to get all bounty hunter's, so, was really hoping for Boba & IG-88, but, didn't expect them in the same carton. The characters are really cool, can't wait to get more, but, given what I got here, I will probably just ebay the rest to avoid spending hundreds of bucks on more commons.

Image

Image

Thanks for sharing! Can i ask where you got them please? We can't even preorder over here yet, I hope it won't be a huge delay like LOTR...

Not surprised by the ratios but disappointed that there's an exclusive 1/72 unlike the HP3 ratios...

This might have to be a 2 case job and dupes be damned!

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
xbox_jeff wrote:Found some...got a full box, below is my haul. No surprises here, two each of the commons...it was really nice to get the 1/72 Dengar...my goal is to get all bounty hunter's, so, was really hoping for Boba & IG-88, but, didn't expect them in the same carton. The characters are really cool, can't wait to get more, but, given what I got here, I will probably just ebay the rest to avoid spending hundreds of bucks on more commons.

Image

Image

Thanks for sharing! Can i ask where you got them please? We can't even preorder over here yet, I hope it won't be a huge delay like LOTR...

Not surprised by the ratios but disappointed that there's an exclusive 1/72 unlike the HP3 ratios...

This might have to be a 2 case job and dupes be damned!


I got them at a local comic shop (Amazing Heroes, Kirkland, Washington)...for some reason, they tend to get things a little faster than your corporate stores. They also had a Last Jedi Pops Caretaker and C'ai Threnalli which I didn't even know were coming out.

User avatar
yokofox33
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 am
Location: Florida

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:47 am

Those are all awesome! I want this entire set, so that'll be a pain, but I enjoy hunting SW minis the most. Looking forward to these hitting stores and the exclusive ones as well.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Image

RobinBear177
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:26 pm

I just want Boba Fett

FredKruger
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby FredKruger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Well, was going to get this set, but will pass with the 1/6 ratios. Loving the character designs though. Good luck to all, and hope these aren't too much of a pain.

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

FredKruger wrote:Well, was going to get this set, but will pass with the 1/6 ratios. Loving the character designs though. Good luck to all, and hope these aren't too much of a pain.

Don't all of the mystery mini lines have 1/6 commons?

User avatar
jinxykat
Posts: 751
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 pm
Location: Holland PA

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby jinxykat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:50 pm

I need that Wampa! Glad it's not 1/72
Kristen

FredKruger
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby FredKruger » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:
FredKruger wrote:Well, was going to get this set, but will pass with the 1/6 ratios. Loving the character designs though. Good luck to all, and hope these aren't too much of a pain.

Don't all of the mystery mini lines have 1/6 commons?


No, only some of the new ones. Also, this one has eight 1/6 commons, two 1/12, a 1/24 per box, essentially one good box per case with a rare figure. I put up with dupes on other series, but this is getting ridiculous. Especially with 1/72 store exclusives, costs a ton to even try to get a full set, and likely fail. Would really prefer 1/12 figs, with rares, and a dependable case layout.

Good luck to all who are going thru the pain for this set. Minis are getting tough to collect with the dupe fest.

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 pm

FredKruger wrote:
xbox_jeff wrote:
FredKruger wrote:Well, was going to get this set, but will pass with the 1/6 ratios. Loving the character designs though. Good luck to all, and hope these aren't too much of a pain.

Don't all of the mystery mini lines have 1/6 commons?


No, only some of the new ones. Also, this one has eight 1/6 commons, two 1/12, a 1/24 per box, essentially one good box per case with a rare figure. I put up with dupes on other series, but this is getting ridiculous. Especially with 1/72 store exclusives, costs a ton to even try to get a full set, and likely fail. Would really prefer 1/12 figs, with rares, and a dependable case layout.

Good luck to all who are going thru the pain for this set. Minis are getting tough to collect with the dupe fest.


Yeah, you are right...I looked at some of the others, this one is definately geared more towards commons and making it harder to collect all the 1/72. Funko isn't dumb, they know people love the whole set of bounty hunters and will make you pay for it. I'm going to end up forking over cash on ebay for these to avoid getting a bunch of commons that I end up donating to friends.
This image of the first SW line shows many more 1/12 & 1/24 odds.
http://i.imgur.com/2EyCvxkm.png

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Ok, one complaint on the new Chewbacca mini for the Empire series (3rd from the right). It is the same body from the original Star Wars mini (4th from right) and the head from the Walmart exclusive mini from the same series (far left). Nothing new here and that's lame - should be a new mold.

Image[/url]Minis[/img]

w00kiee77
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:22 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Ok, one complaint on the new Chewbacca mini for the Empire series (3rd from the right). It is the same body from the original Star Wars mini (4th from right) and the head from the Walmart exclusive mini from the same series (far left). Nothing new here and that's lame - should be a new mold.

I was thinking a similar thing the other day that as a huge Chewbacca fan, I wish that they'd not do the same old thing with him for this series, ESPECIALLY when it's a 1/6!

RBlue30
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby RBlue30 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks for sharing! So it looks like the ratios on the box are correct for the series? Hopefully it won’t be too hard to find boba fett!
ISO: 1/72 Pennywise, 1/24 HT Pennywise Exclusive, 1/72 pennywise Walgreens exclusive, 1/36 pennywise Walgreens exclusive, 1/24 fye pennywise exclusive

digithor
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby digithor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 pm

I like that chewbacca collection you have started xbox_jeff.

User avatar
Jason1224
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 5:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Jason1224 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:28 pm

I was really surprised to find these at thinkgeek today, they had just gotten them in. Pulled the Wampa and the Leia exclusive plus all the expected commons. Really not looking forward to all the dupes I’m gonna end up with for this set.

User avatar
synergy56
Posts: 2491
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 pm

I think I'm only going to go for the Leias, Hans and Yoda for this set, so hopefully it won't be too painful. Wasn't initially planning on the Yoda, but he's just too darned cute!!
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Valde » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Boba and Wampa look awesome in real life. They’re doing it again with the 1/6 ratio. Poor Star Wars people :(
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

User avatar
AnyGivenFunko
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:02 am

Scored a IG-88 today. So happy for now. lol 1/6 ratios is gonna be the death of me.
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Mystery Minis

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
FunkoMimi
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby FunkoMimi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 am

Have they announced an official release date for these?
:freddy2:

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Pryde72 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

FunkoMimi wrote:Have they announced an official release date for these?



Check your stores, because they seem to be hitting now

bug86
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:47 pm
Location: minnesota
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby bug86 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 am

Man those 1/6 are going to kill me. Can't wait to start seeing them here.
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

User avatar
konko
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby konko » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:00 pm

I've heard they've been hitting GameStop. Has anyone found them on GameStop's website? If so, what's the description?
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 1727
Proto Count = 8 (All NHL Protos)


Image

User avatar
franzsy0519
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:39 am
Location: Philippines

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Helped out a retailer friend of ours with an unboxing video, here's some info which may help. We opened 3 regular cases, no weights though.

Case A - Fett (BBR), Lando (BBL)
Case B - Dengar, Leia
Case D - Wampa, Leia

Hope this helps!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

User avatar
InternationalPopper
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 am
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:09 pm

babasdada wrote:New release from FUNKO May the 4th be with you:



Store Exclusives:



WAMPA



WOW!!!!!!! How did I miss this! Now only do I love star wars but Empires strikes back is my fav!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

-International Popper

User avatar
konko
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby konko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 am

Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 1727
Proto Count = 8 (All NHL Protos)


Image

User avatar
AnyGivenFunko
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:16 am

konko wrote:Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!


I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Mystery Minis

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
cmasicampo
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby cmasicampo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 am

These look awesome! I’ve been trying to hold off on grabbing these until after SDCC, but not sure if I’m going to be able to hold out.
I’m Chris
IG @cm_funkollector


Image Image

Image Image

User avatar
MyFriendKevin
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby MyFriendKevin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 am

Praying to the Mystery Minis Gods that I can stumble across those Bounty Hunter exclusives! I love the way MM are starting to look but its not good for the bank account.
:freddy2:
What a nice boat. Do you want it back?

User avatar
xbox_jeff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby xbox_jeff » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
konko wrote:Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!


I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box

What are the ratios for the Gamestop ones?

User avatar
AnyGivenFunko
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:15 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:
konko wrote:Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!


I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box

What are the ratios for the Gamestop ones?


Leia is 1/24
AT-AT driver is 1/36
4-LOM is 1/72
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Mystery Minis

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4413
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Ok, one complaint on the new Chewbacca mini for the Empire series (3rd from the right). It is the same body from the original Star Wars mini (4th from right) and the head from the Walmart exclusive mini from the same series (far left). Nothing new here and that's lame - should be a new mold.

Image[/url]Minis[/img]



They bodies and heads looks slightly different, but not enough. At least put some snow on his head to make it like the Pop.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Grex54
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Grex54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Helped out a retailer friend of ours with an unboxing video, here's some info which may help. We opened 3 regular cases, no weights though.

Case A - Fett (BBR), Lando (BBL)
Case B - Dengar, Leia
Case D - Wampa, Leia

Hope this helps!

I opened a case C today and it had boba fett and lando
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

User avatar
Grex54
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Grex54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
konko wrote:Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!


I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box


I found a half empty case today at gamestop that had the AT-AT driver and Lando. Guess who ever got the other half got all the 1/6s.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

User avatar
jgordini
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am
Location: FourOneTwo

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby jgordini » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Valde wrote:
xbox_jeff wrote:Ok, one complaint on the new Chewbacca mini for the Empire series (3rd from the right). It is the same body from the original Star Wars mini (4th from right) and the head from the Walmart exclusive mini from the same series (far left). Nothing new here and that's lame - should be a new mold.

Image[/url]Minis[/img]



They bodies and heads looks slightly different, but not enough. At least put some snow on his head to make it like the Pop.


Great idea to do to one of the many duplicates. Might even try to flock him
Hi! I'm Jim
IG of my customs: jgordini
Most desired all White Protos:Uncle Si Wacky Wobbler, Uncle Si POP! & Jase POP!

User avatar
AnyGivenFunko
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Grex54 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:
konko wrote:Opened up a few cases from GameStop ... none had the boxes for me to check letters ... but here's what was in them:
1. 4Lom and Leia
2. IG88 and Lando
3. Wampa and Lando

Positions were all mixed up within each case, but in each case, either the entire top or entire bottom was all 1:6s.

Happy Hunting!


I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box


I found a half empty case today at gamestop that had the AT-AT driver and Lando. Guess who ever got the other half got all the 1/6s.


Nice Score! I may have bought the other half. I have tons of 1/6s lol
Funko Collector since Aug. '16 :freddy3:
IG: anygivenfunko
Pop/Dorbz/Minis: 500+
Collections: Star Wars / Pennywise / MOTU dorbz/ Mystery Minis

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Grex54
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: EMPIRE Strikes Back Mystery Minis

Postby Grex54 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Grex54 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:
I scored a Leia and AT-AT driver in one box


I found a half empty case today at gamestop that had the AT-AT driver and Lando. Guess who ever got the other half got all the 1/6s.


Nice Score! I may have bought the other half. I have tons of 1/6s lol


Thanks. I Actually only grab three from the case, because I figured they'd all be 1/6s since it had been picked through already. Trying to avoid another lord of the rings situation where I ended up with 11 Frodos. ](*,)
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory


Return to “Blind Bags”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZartansBro