Marvel Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
RustyWinnebago

Re: Marvel Mystery Minis

Postby RustyWinnebago » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:57 pm

I think it is safe to say the only issue with the hot topic boxes is that you can actually only get green goblin instead of the normal phoenix.

Bbqpotatochips

Postby Bbqpotatochips » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:40 am

Well, I managed to pull a 1/144 Loki.....without a leg. Was very excited but when I got home to put it with my others I looked and no leg. Oh well.

MrPunch000

Postby MrPunch000 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Bbqpotatochips wrote:Well, I managed to pull a 1/144 Loki.....without a leg. Was very excited but when I got home to put it with my others I looked and no leg. Oh well.

Damn, that just stinks. I wonder if you spoke to someone in customer service at Funko HQ if they might offer to replace it for you?
Hi, I'm Dan ~ Dragonfly Designs
facebook.com/dragonflydesignsCT ... instagram.com/dragonflydesignsCT

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:34 pm

MrPunch000 wrote:
Bbqpotatochips wrote:Well, I managed to pull a 1/144 Loki.....without a leg. Was very excited but when I got home to put it with my others I looked and no leg. Oh well.

Damn, that just stinks. I wonder if you spoke to someone in customer service at Funko HQ if they might offer to replace it for you?

Well, the problem with contacting Funko is that they claim to not know the case layout and will only send a blind box to replace it. With my experience with the Marvel cases, I tend to agree. The case layouts are all out of whack. There is no telling where anything was placed and in some cases there have been multiples of one figure and zero of another. However, if you'd like to chance it and get a blind box then it doesn't hurt to contact Funko. It won't cost you a thing and you still have a 1/144 chance of getting another Loki. Your odds are better with Funko than with the lottery. :-)
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

CactusDan

Postby CactusDan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

I really wish these were not bobble heads. I love the GOT minis and really wanted to get these too.

Sjhova1

Postby Sjhova1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:11 am

I need a clear flames phoenix! Please ;)
Last edited by Sjhova1 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 pm

I think the case layouts for TWD and Horror have changed as well.
My Name is Ernie

Queen of Marvel

Postby Queen of Marvel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 pm

MrPunch000 wrote:

So sorry.
Jeanne. The Queen of Marvel.

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am

Kaljor wrote:I think the case layouts for TWD and Horror have changed as well.

I went to Hot Topic yesterday and was greeted by a fresh case of TWD 2, GoT and Horror minis. TWD 2 and GoT seemed to still have the same layout but I wasn't so lucky with the Horror.

If anyone cracks the new layout I hope they share it. I'm still trying to find a GITD Pennywise. :-)
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 am

I went to HT Topic yesterday and the manager told me they had gotten in a fresh case of TWD 2 and horror minis also. Both spots where the chase figures used to be, did not have chase figures at all. lol
My Name is Ernie

shogunjlips

Postby shogunjlips » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm

what spot is Thanos in?

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 pm

CactusDan wrote:I really wish these were not bobble heads. I love the GOT minis and really wanted to get these too.

The GOT minis are amazing! The best mini's Funko's done yet.

The bobble-head definitely hurts the Marvel line. Makes for some really askew looking characters or pieces that look like they've been pulled off the gallows. Also, the feet are undersized and some of them tip over pretty easily.

Still, a great mix of characters and when the designs do work...well, my Galactus is pretty darn cute.
Funklub: 11181

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Kaljor wrote:I went to HT Topic yesterday and the manager told me they had gotten in a fresh case of TWD 2 and horror minis also. Both spots where the chase figures used to be, did not have chase figures at all. lol

I'm glad I just read this as I went to HT yesterday to look for the GITD Maleficent and Metallic Aurora. They had Maleficent but the Aurora is in the next shipment I was told. I didn't buy the Maleficent because I want to get the Buy 1, get the 50% off price so I figured I'd wait till next weekend. I did notice a fresh case of the Horror Minis so I was thinking about going back today and try to grab the 1/144 but if the layout has changed, I'm passing on trying my luck and will just wait. Thanks for the info!
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

Oilerguy

Postby Oilerguy » Mon May 05, 2014 2:28 pm

I've had good luck with these so far (knock on wood)...no broken ones yet! Does anyone have any tips on box layouts yet? Just need 3 more and I don't want to break the bank haha!
FUNKO POP Count: 400ish?
FUNKOs Needed: Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Shazam, Indiana Jones, Bossk

MrPunch000

Postby MrPunch000 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:54 am

Oilerguy wrote:I've had good luck with these so far (knock on wood)...no broken ones yet! Does anyone have any tips on box layouts yet? Just need 3 more and I don't want to break the bank haha!

I think I have read somewhere (maybe here?) that the layout is different all the time. Which ones did you need?
Hi, I'm Dan ~ Dragonfly Designs
facebook.com/dragonflydesignsCT ... instagram.com/dragonflydesignsCT

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Sat May 10, 2014 11:00 am

MrPunch000 wrote:So I was at B&N last night and picked up 2 Marvel blind boxes and pulled a 1/72 Thanos and a 1/144 Deadpool! I've never been so lucky!

Did I read somewhere that there was a typo on regular or HT boxes that had the ratio wrong on one of the figures? I thought I saw something about it a while back but that was before I started collecting these and was paying attention :)

Dude .. AWESOME !!!

I hate blind boxes so much .. but that last time at HT I got two Horror Minis (my first ones) and pulled a Bloody Chucky ..

i wanted to get all the Marvel, but got to cool it for a while.
I like the Galactus, GLOW Hulk, and Punisher I do have so far a lot.
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

Oilerguy

Postby Oilerguy » Wed May 14, 2014 3:39 pm

MrPunch000 wrote:
Oilerguy wrote:I've had good luck with these so far (knock on wood)...no broken ones yet! Does anyone have any tips on box layouts yet? Just need 3 more and I don't want to break the bank haha!

I think I have read somewhere (maybe here?) that the layout is different all the time. Which ones did you need?

Didn't see this - sorry about that! I still need Thanos, Green Goblin, the rare Deadpool and Loki and all the HT exclusives (since there are no HT's in Canada) :(

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 pm

I've only recently started collecting the Marvel Mystery Minis and after 9 boxes, I've yet to pull a duplicate (Knock on wood)! This pleases me since I have many duplicates from GOT.

well, last night at B&N, I bought 2 boxes (out of the 3 they had out). I pulled a 2/24 Deadpool and a 1/144 Deadpool!

I've finally pulled a rare one....
Image Image Image

Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu May 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Congrats!
Got Pixie Dust?

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Bought two more boxes from another B&N....I shook them, trying to guess what was in them...I was only going to buy one and I guessed that it was Loki but of course couldn't tell if it was 1/144 Loki or 2/24 Loki...I decided to buy another and picked one in which I was not sure what it could be. I opened the boxes and got Loki 2/24 and Thanos 1/72. YES!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I only need Ultron and 1/144 Loki. Just ordered Ultron off of Ebay so now just need 1/144 Loki. I'm not going to bother with the HT exclusives once this set is complete.
Image Image Image

Queen of Marvel

Postby Queen of Marvel » Sun May 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I started to collect these and have some......I'm not sure I am going to finish though as I don't love them. I wanted to like them, but just don't...
Jeanne. The Queen of Marvel.

Valde

Postby Valde » Sun May 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Has anyone been to a HT recently and saw the exclusive Marvel boxes? I got in on these kinda late and missed out on some cool Deadpools and the GITD Hulk. Kinda bummed that the last two HT's i've been to were out and haven't had them in a while.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

spideyfan71

Postby spideyfan71 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:04 am

Bought my first Mystery Box yesterday. Was hoping for Spider-Man, got Deadpool instead. I'll try again soon.

Mike

MyLittleFunkos
HOF2016
HOF2016

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon May 19, 2014 11:45 am

spideyfan71 wrote:Bought my first Mystery Box yesterday. Was hoping for Spider-Man, got Deadpool instead. I'll try again soon.

Mike

If you don't mind an opened package, you can buy Spidey online. I bought mine for $8 on eBay.
I'm Abe

spideyfan71

Postby spideyfan71 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:30 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
spideyfan71 wrote:Bought my first Mystery Box yesterday. Was hoping for Spider-Man, got Deadpool instead. I'll try again soon.

Mike

If you don't mind an opened package, you can buy Spidey online. I bought mine for $8 on eBay.

Don't mind it at all. I'm looking at a couple as we speak.

I did pick up another box today, hoping for Spidey. I was close, I got Green Goblin. I was pretty thrilled about it. I kinda had a feeling he was what I would pull. When I bought the box, I got a notification on my phone about an ending eBay auction for a Goblin I was watching. I decided to let it go and it proved to be a wise decision.

Mike

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue May 20, 2014 6:59 am

Glad you are having fun Mike. Great pull!
Got Pixie Dust?

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:46 pm

My Ultron I bought from Ebay arrived today. Now all I need is the 1/144 Loki.

I need to come up with a way to display the Marvel set once it's complete.
Image Image Image

Oilerguy

Postby Oilerguy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Does anyone need an Ultron? I can get my hands on one...

svellbaer

Postby svellbaer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:39 pm

I've bought around 30 of these things and I've gotten everyone single non-HT exclusive save Thanos. I'm torn between purging the ones I don't want and just getting Thanos and completing the set.......
If it's all the same to you, I think I'll have that drink.

PWN3R

Postby PWN3R » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 pm

^ Just wait and get the SDCC set. It has the Thanos. And from the picture they released, it looks to be the regular 1/72 Thanos just repeated for no reason. Annoying for people who hunted for them on its initial release, but awesome for new collectors. Jump on it.

And again, I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I am seriously surprised no one really seems bothered that they repeated multiple characters for the SDCC set. It makes ZERO sense. Whyyyy
Alonso. Pop Addict. Whovian. Marvel.

Oilerguy

Postby Oilerguy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:27 pm

PWN3R wrote:^ Just wait and get the SDCC set. It has the Thanos. And from the picture they released, it looks to be the regular 1/72 Thanos just repeated for no reason. Annoying for people who hunted for them on its initial release, but awesome for new collectors. Jump on it.

And again, I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I am seriously surprised no one really seems bothered that they repeated multiple characters for the SDCC set. It makes ZERO sense. Whyyyy

I'm pretty bummed about that too - at least make him shiny or something to differentiate!

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:10 pm

I need the rare Loki. I got screwed out of one that I won on ebay.

Guy said he sent it and then I said, I never received it. He said he sent his personal one and I never got that. Ebay gave me my money back. The seller thought I was stupid, if you did send another Loki then you would have put tracking on it, especially if the first package never got here. Oh well.

I need to see if I want the SDCC set or not.
Image Image Image

punksraven

Postby punksraven » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:32 am

My buddy and I split a case at Walmart tonight. He's new to collecting them and I only needed a few more. Ended up with the staff loki chase. Pretty cool.

Silvergould

Postby Silvergould » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 pm

rkwo wrote:While I was at hot topic, I saw a couple shaking each box. I don't know what they were trying to do by shaking them. On some of the minis, you can tell from the weight of the box what figure might be inside.
I also noticed that the plastic bag on these are mostly opened even though the boxes are sealed. Between the open bag and people shaking boxes (or even in transit), I am not surprised there are so many broken ones. The Marvel Mystery Minis are more of a hard plastic as opposed to some of the other minis which are a little more rubbery.

Personally I shake the boxes because you can feel the minis hit the sides differently, I pulled 8 different minis out of two cases this way, taking into consideration objects dimensions and weight you can pull different ones more often :) And of the 50 or so minis I've bought, only hulk had his head popped off and it was an easy fix. Don't need to rattle the toy apart to check, but some people do...

Return to “Blind Bags”