Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
opopssum

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby opopssum » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:37 am

Im going to try hunting for regular cases since target is tapped at the moment.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:42 am

This is getting rediculous. Do we have the wrong Dcpi or something. I have called every Target within 30 miles of me that changed to in stock and brickseek and they all say the same thing. No we did not get them. I have even gone to closest and they showed me their screen.

I do not want to pay evilbay prices for the 3 but I just may yo save me time and headache
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:00 pm

I was able to find all of the Target exclusives. I WAS SUPER EXCITED!!
Image Image

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:42 pm

NFS/NFT. Gentle reminder to always be kind while you are hunting. Walked into this target, found an employee and asked about the HP minis. When he realized they were a Funko product he immediately shut down, said they were somewhere in the back but he had no way to find them. The usual. l very politely expressed that I understood but if there was any way he could look I would super appreciate it because I had driven 20 minutes to come check and really needed them. His entire attitude changed the moment it was obvious that I wasnt going to get mad or pushy because of his first no. Not only did he look but he found them and this was the result. He was a really nice guy, but said he has been yelled at so many times by funko hunters that he is hesitant to help them at all. He thanked me for being nice. I apologized that some people are dicks.

TLDR: Be kind. Dont be the reason some poor electronics worker at target cringes every time they hear the word 'funko.'

Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

They look great. Nice job. I always am polite to workers even if I suspect they’re lying or being lazy. God knows they deal with people enough.

kihou

Postby kihou » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:42 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:My combos of Target boxes were: Draco/Filch, Draco/Crabbe, Ron/Goyle, Filch/Ron

Is this the front two?

Yes, front two of the case (though they may not be in the proper order).
ISO Mystery Minis!
Sailor Moon: Sailor Mars (Posed), Sailor Jupiter (Posed), Sailor Mercury (Posed) (Specialty Series)
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Turtledoc wrote:NFS/NFT. Gentle reminder to always be kind while you are hunting. Walked into this target, found an employee and asked about the HP minis. When he realized they were a Funko product he immediately shut down, said they were somewhere in the back but he had no way to find them. The usual. l very politely expressed that I understood but if there was any way he could look I would super appreciate it because I had driven 20 minutes to come check and really needed them. His entire attitude changed the moment it was obvious that I wasnt going to get mad or pushy because of his first no. Not only did he look but he found them and this was the result. He was a really nice guy, but said he has been yelled at so many times by funko hunters that he is hesitant to help them at all. He thanked me for being nice. I apologized that some people are dicks.

TLDR: Be kind. Dont be the reason some poor electronics worker at target cringes every time they hear the word 'funko.'

What a fantastic hunt for you and thats great that you were able to give that employee a great experience. We are in a way all representatives of Funko and should act accordingly.
Image Image

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

synergy56 wrote:I seriously need the Barnes & Noble cases to either come out this week or wait until after the 24th for when I'm back from SDCC. That's not too much to ask for, right? lol Also from the hunt I am experiencing a serious Filtch flood. I think I have 9 of that angry old man at this point! Why must I always get a Filtch case?!

Isnt that the case with ALL mini sets. There is always that ONE that you try for a mini and ALWAYS get the one that is closest to it. I think Stranger Things everyone ended up with a zillion Nancys.
Image Image

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:31 pm

synergy56 wrote:
opopssum wrote:If the cases come out during SDCC I think I would cry

Me too! I have gone through so much effort to get to HT and Targets and now B&N are the last ones I need to complete this set and if I missed out because I was away on vacation I would be so bummed!!

You could always hunt while you're on vacation
Image Image

FeintOfHearts

Postby FeintOfHearts » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Does anyone know of Filch is in every case? It’s sure seems like it to me. I’ve purchased a complete case at Hot Topic and pulled: Tom Riddle, Floo Harry, Filch and Mrs. Norris.

I purchased 3 from the single case the only
Local Target received and pulled: QWC Hermione, QWC Harry and Filch.

Purchased 3 from the local BAM and pulled: Draco, Madeye and Filch.

I really hope I can pull the missing Lucious Lucius and QWC Ron.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
opopssum wrote:If the cases come out during SDCC I think I would cry

Me too! I have gone through so much effort to get to HT and Targets and now B&N are the last ones I need to complete this set and if I missed out because I was away on vacation I would be so bummed!!

Sure, I could try. But I'm going to be at Comic Con and there are just going to be a ton of people at the same Barnes & Noble fighting over them if they do drop then. Could get ugly lol
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 pm

synergy56 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
synergy56 wrote: Me too! I have gone through so much effort to get to HT and Targets and now B&N are the last ones I need to complete this set and if I missed out because I was away on vacation I would be so bummed!!

Sure, I could try. But I'm going to be at Comic Con and there are just going to be a ton of people at the same Barnes & Noble fighting over them if they do drop then. Could get ugly lol

Are you flying? Im driving.
Image Image

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

Yup, flying! And usually I'm at something at the convention or nearby during normal hours for B&N so hunting afield wouldn't be really possible for me.
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 pm

synergy56 wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Sure, I could try. But I'm going to be at Comic Con and there are just going to be a ton of people at the same Barnes & Noble fighting over them if they do drop then. Could get ugly lol

Yup, flying! And usually I'm at something at the convention or nearby during normal hours for B&N so hunting afield wouldn't be really possible for me.

Yah I agree that would make it hard to hunt and less of a priority as well.
Image Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm

So I went to the Target that is close to my house to check again for Minis but of course none to be found. Decided to ask and found a friendly looking kid in electronics. Asked him if he could help us find an item with the DCPI. He looked it up and was like “I know where those are, just wait here”. He went in the back and came out with a fresh case. Scored Target Exclusive Harry, Draco and Mr Filtch and Mrs Norris. One down to two to go.

Decided to try my luck at Books A Million that is next door. Yep, they got them in finally, but really??? They took them all out of the case and stacked them on the table. So tried reverse psychology and picked ones on the bottom. Scored a Umbridge, Rita Skeeter and Harry.

So now I am down to Crabbe, Target Hermione & Ron, and the B&N ones to finish series 3. So close yet so far.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:41 pm

I’m not the biggest potter fan but I came across a case with only one missing so I grabbed one and it was this guy. If anybody wants him he’s yours for cost plus shipping. Gonna try a different target tonight.

Last edited by RobinBear177 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:I’m not the biggest potter fan but I came across a case with only one missing so I grabbed one and it was this guy. If anybody wants him he’s yours for cost plus shipping. Gonna try a different target tonight.

If you find the exclusives message me

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 am

Game stop app has them up so you can start tracking common cases

MarisaJ_67002

Postby MarisaJ_67002 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:35 am

Finally found a case at my local Target and they would only give me one box from the case. I asked if I could see the case and they said they were only giving one box per customer and walked away. Never had that happen before when looking for cases of minis. Not too happy they didn't even let me pick a box myself, so I ended up with a duplicate, another Filch. *sigh*

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 am

MarisaJ_67002 wrote:Finally found a case at my local Target and they would only give me one box from the case. I asked if I could see the case and they said they were only giving one box per customer and walked away. Never had that happen before when looking for cases of minis. Not too happy they didn't even let me pick a box myself, so I ended up with a duplicate, another Filch. *sigh*

That’s horrible.

bcfunko

Postby bcfunko » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 am

So I was at my local Target and they said they were going to hold a Harry Potter event on the Saturday of SDCC (which sucks cause I’ll be at the con). They were going to release a lot of HP items then (I was asking about the new HP LEGO sets but they could mean HP Funko products too) and have giveaways and stuff. Of course, this could not be the same for every Target, but maybe those who are still looking for Target exclusive minis, your target may be holding it for this event? *shrug*
Come follow Freddy to my IG @bcfunko :freddy2:
1st Funko Pop!: Loki (02) from Thor: The Mighty Avenger
Hopeful Grail: SDCC Exclusive Loki (16) from The Avengers (480 pcs)

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 am

bcfunko wrote:So I was at my local Target and they said they were going to hold a Harry Potter event on the Saturday of SDCC (which sucks cause I’ll be at the con). They were going to release a lot of HP items then (I was asking about the new HP LEGO sets but they could mean HP Funko products too) and have giveaways and stuff. Of course, this could not be the same for every Target, but maybe those who are still looking for Target exclusive minis, your target may be holding it for this event? *shrug*

I did hear of some other people reporting their Targets are doing the same and were holding the Funko items for the same event. Not sure if that is protocol or not but it’s definitely good to know

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 am

Katers wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yes, thank goodness! Agreed!

Maybe the next round for Hermione will finally give us our Polyjuice potion Hermione! Just to change it up a bit!

:drunken: :drunken: I would love that!

I don't actually think we'll get a mini of it before we got a pop. But I'm okay with either, I just want it!

That's true. I also hope they make Dobby in his crazy outfits (at least one!) from the books. With all his clothes on. lol lol
Image ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
bcfunko wrote:So I was at my local Target and they said they were going to hold a Harry Potter event on the Saturday of SDCC (which sucks cause I’ll be at the con). They were going to release a lot of HP items then (I was asking about the new HP LEGO sets but they could mean HP Funko products too) and have giveaways and stuff. Of course, this could not be the same for every Target, but maybe those who are still looking for Target exclusive minis, your target may be holding it for this event? *shrug*

I did hear of some other people reporting their Targets are doing the same and were holding the Funko items for the same event. Not sure if that is protocol or not but it’s definitely good to know

My Target is almost sold out of all the HP lego so it must be just the funko stuff if true.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Here is the display I think people are hearing about. No sign of any funko stuff yet

kyten

Postby kyten » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Turtledoc wrote:NFS/NFT. Gentle reminder to always be kind while you are hunting. Walked into this target, found an employee and asked about the HP minis. When he realized they were a Funko product he immediately shut down, said they were somewhere in the back but he had no way to find them. The usual. l very politely expressed that I understood but if there was any way he could look I would super appreciate it because I had driven 20 minutes to come check and really needed them. His entire attitude changed the moment it was obvious that I wasnt going to get mad or pushy because of his first no. Not only did he look but he found them and this was the result. He was a really nice guy, but said he has been yelled at so many times by funko hunters that he is hesitant to help them at all. He thanked me for being nice. I apologized that some people are dicks.

Aww, all three of those are really cute. A little bit of kindness goes a long way!
Hi, I'm Mary! | San Diego, CA
@thisgeekylife on instagram

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Image

Here is the display I think people are hearing about. No sign of any funko stuff yet

Thats a cute display, Ill be traveling home on the 21st but I may try to find a Target on the road to pop in too and check out the events going on that day. My fingers are crossed this means a good sized restock on the minis

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am

Called a couple more this morning that popped up on brickseek. Guess What? NO MINIS! what the heck.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Just got Ron for an ok price on ebay and I have Rita from a trade coming in the mail im down to just needing: QWC Hermione, Umbridge, Filch, and mad eye. And of course the BnN 3

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm

opopssum wrote:Just got Ron for an ok price on ebay and I have Rita from a trade coming in the mail im down to just needing: QWC Hermione, Umbridge, Filch, and mad eye. And of course the BnN 3

Did you use the coupon? Called a target that just showed instock. They are holding 1 box for me. 1 box grrrr

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:54 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
opopssum wrote:Just got Ron for an ok price on ebay and I have Rita from a trade coming in the mail im down to just needing: QWC Hermione, Umbridge, Filch, and mad eye. And of course the BnN 3

Did you use the coupon? Called a target that just showed instock. They are holding 1 box for me. 1 box grrrr

Yea, saved 5$ lol but it brought ron down to below the price cap I said I would pay. Im just happy I can call my self done with Target for the moment, It feels like most hermiones in the community at the moment are being held on to for trade bait and ebays prices are way too much so Ill revisit her later down the line.

Im hoping to grab filch once the common cases hit the area, or more so once I can find some in my area, im really holding out hope for gamestop to get them in, I check their stock or the phx area a few times a day.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 pm

I thought they would only hold one box for me but the rest of the case was sitting there untouched. I grabbed the other front 3 and as I stand k hear someone say danmit and walk away. Grabbed my hold behind electronics.

RogueSolo
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I thought they would only hold one box for me but the rest of the case was sitting there untouched. I grabbed the other front 3 and as I stand k hear someone say danmit and walk away. Grabbed my hold behind electronics.

Woo hoo! Congrats.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
700 Mystery Minis, and growing!

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:07 pm

HT website says they're back in stock \:D/

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I thought they would only hold one box for me but the rest of the case was sitting there untouched. I grabbed the other front 3 and as I stand k hear someone say danmit and walk away. Grabbed my hold behind electronics.

Both congrats on the amazing pulls and lol at the other guy, we have all been there tho

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I was wondering about this too. Too bad they chose that Saturday to do it, but there are supposed to be HP Funko items (the ad for it says).
One of the stores near me had a bunch of lego sets in a HP display out already. New ones too. #-o
Image ImageImage

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:54 pm

I haven’t checked in here in a couple weeks, so apologies if this is now common knowledge, but I just wanted to ask if anybody knew what was going on with the ratios.

Each regular retail case has two Harrys, two Fleurs, two Krums, two Cedrics, one Mrs. Norris, one Mad-Eye, and two chase spots?

Is the ratio for Crabbe not 1/6 like the box says?

DarthTiberius

Postby DarthTiberius » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 pm

nightschwing wrote:I haven’t checked in here in a couple weeks, so apologies if this is now common knowledge, but I just wanted to ask if anybody knew what was going on with the ratios.

Each regular retail case has two Harrys, two Fleurs, two Krums, two Cedrics, one Mrs. Norris, one Mad-Eye, and two chase spots?

Is the ratio for Crabbe not 1/6 like the box says?

Funko released a statement that Crabbe and Goyle are in fact both 1/72. The ratios add up correctly when this change is made. I also know based upon individuals who have opened master cases and individuals that this is true.
Avid Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Funko Fan!
First Pop: First Order Stormtrooper Nov. 30th, 2015
Current Pop Count: 415
Favorite Pop: Headless Ned

Current Mystery Mini Count: 243
Favorite Mini: Witch King

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 pm

DarthTiberius wrote:Funko released a statement that Crabbe and Goyle are in fact both 1/72. The ratios add up correctly when this change is made. I also know based upon individuals who have opened master cases and individuals that this is true.

Yikes. They need new proofreaders/verifiers.

But that makes me feel good, I guess. I grabbed a few boxes from the top of a fresh case at Books-A-Million the other day, and I wound up with Draco, Mad-Eye and Crabbe. I will always appreciate a 1/72 pull on my first encounter with a particular series.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 am

Spoiler: show

Congrats on the win!! What a great feeling it is to be done in one fell swoop!!

Return to “Blind Bags”