Thank you to the entire Funko staff for another amazing FunDays!!!!

Star Wars Mystery Minis: Toy Fair Reveal!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
funkopez

Re: Star Wars Mystery Minis: Toy Fair Reveal!

Postby funkopez » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:05 am

hellojayare wrote:Hot Topic Assortment E only has Tie Exclusive

Hot Topic Assortment F has Tie + Greedo Exclusives

NEITHER ASSORTMENT HAD A SINGLE SUPPOSEDLY 1/6 OBI-WAN!

I swear I saw earlier someone say what HT Assortment had Vader but maybe that was somewhere else. Any information helps so if you've got some throw it out there. Hope this helps someone.

What else was in box E and box F for you? I opened F and got those 2 exclusives but I wonder if everything is exactly the same. I also bought a box E but I have not opened it and I am wondering if I should, or returned it and just buy Darth online. If I know the exact content of E it would help me to decide if it is worth it to keep it. Thanks!

konko

Postby konko » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:34 am

theraven00 wrote:

I swear I saw earlier someone say what HT Assortment had Vader but maybe that was somewhere else. Any information helps so if you've got some throw it out there. Hope this helps someone.

Rumor is that D is for Darth...

I can confirm that my HT Darth came from box D.

konko

Postby konko » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

funkopez wrote:

What else was in box E and box F for you? I opened F and got those 2 exclusives but I wonder if everything is exactly the same. I also bought a box E but I have not opened it and I am wondering if I should, or returned it and just buy Darth online. If I know the exact content of E it would help me to decide if it is worth it to keep it. Thanks!

My HT Case E only had the Tie Fighter Exclusive with Snaggle 1:24 being the other "hit". Darth HT was in Case D (which also had Luke 1:24) ... no other hits. HT Cases D and E were the only HT boxes I found so far.

If you already got Tie and Greedo, I would just return Case E (if they let you ... I know different HTs follow different rules).

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:01 pm

The second Chewie should be considered a "hit" even though it is a dupe. It is taking up a 1/24 slot. Here is what I'm seeing as far as HT case letters (let me know if anything you open contradicts this):

funkopez

Postby funkopez » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:53 pm

KnightsOfRey wrote:The second Chewie should be considered a "hit" even though it is a dupe. It is taking up a 1/24 slot. Here is what I'm seeing as far as HT case letters (let me know if anything you open contradicts this):

In case F at HT I got a Snaggletooth and not a Luke.

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks... That means Luke must be in either the Hammerhead case or both Obi-wan cases...

Popsweats

Postby Popsweats » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm

i just got two chewie's and a darth GS exclusive sadly i dont use a scale nor buy a whole box i like the idea of shaking and feeling to see if i get lucky or not.
Image Image

Hi my name is Kevin. :) Im a flash funatic
Iso. Any spastik plastik or protos
the flash POP or DORBZ PROTO

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Popsweats wrote:i just got two chewie's and a darth GS exclusive sadly i dont use a scale nor buy a whole box i like the idea of shaking and feeling to see if i get lucky or not.

Nice grab!
Poppin'

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Popsweats wrote:i just got two chewie's and a darth GS exclusive sadly i dont use a scale nor buy a whole box i like the idea of shaking and feeling to see if i get lucky or not.

Yeah, I can't see myself standing at the counter and weighing boxes... I feel foolish enough standing there trying to feel which ones are the heaviest! I did that yesterday for about 20mins trying that on a regular box, thinking that the heavier ones would have a chance to be a Kenobi or Vader if I was lucky enough... Managed to pull the Kenobi that I was after, which was good... Trying to go for a Jawa with the lightest box failed me with pulling a 3PO though... Not a double at least, but still bummed it was the little dude...

Funko Hunter

Postby Funko Hunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:25 pm

KnightsOfRey wrote:Thanks... That means Luke must be in either the Hammerhead case or both Obi-wan cases...

I can confirm it's not in the Hammerhead case since I pulled Snaggletooth and Greedo in that one.

Funko Hunter

Postby Funko Hunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:... Trying to go for a Jawa with the lightest box failed me with pulling a 3PO though... Not a double at least, but still bummed it was the little dude...

From my experience, Tarkin is actually the lightest.

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Tarkin is the lightest I've seen. With Chewy being one of the heavier ones.
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

Funko Hunter

Postby Funko Hunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:59 pm

In a statistical unlikelihood, I ended up getting the same case assortment from another Hot Topic today...

Hammerhead, Greedo, Snaggletooth + the 6 "1/12" characters, 2 Leias, and Chewie, in an entirely different layout. I didn't get to see the Case sticker, but it was still in the shipping case when they rang me up.

It was a bit disappointing, so I think I'm done buying from the Hot Topic assortment.

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:18 pm

I tried the gs layout that is going around and had mixed success with it, bought five with three being the ones I tried for and two not. So like others have said the layouts may not be much help with these.
Image Image

Hey, I'm Gregory

Abesapien2

Postby Abesapien2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:35 pm

KnightsOfRey wrote:The second Chewie should be considered a "hit" even though it is a dupe. It is taking up a 1/24 slot. Here is what I'm seeing as far as HT case letters (let me know if anything you open contradicts this):

This great! Thanks!

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 am

Abesapien2 wrote:

This great! Thanks!

I think there are still a couple mistakes in it but its getting pretty close

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 am

morsehawk

Postby morsehawk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 am

I am so irritated that there isn't an R2-D2.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am

After opening 2 cases of Game Stop, the only figures I didn't pull were Vader and Luke. Not too bad. Unfortunately the Leia's weren't in the same spots in every box (which would be nice to avoid getting a million of her).
ImageStar Wars, Game of Thrones, and rare things

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 pm

morsehawk wrote:I am so irritated that there isn't an R2-D2.

That would've been really cool.
ImageImage
I'm Julian. 8 days to game 1
WANTED: Image

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:23 pm

I pulled a Tarkin from an intact case at Game stop. I assume that there was another case there too because I saw three isolated boxes on another shelf.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 pm

got a snaggletooth, trooper han. dupe chewy GS case

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Pretty sure someone else here mentioned it possibly being in a Smuggler's Bounty and I couldn't agree more. They finally gave us a Woody mini in the Disney box so it's a possibility - but if not then I'd be confused as to why.

Ran into a full box at GameStop that was assortment B - left it since my hunt is only for Vader at this point and he is in the D assortment. Anyone know what's in that one?

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 pm

hellojayare wrote:

Pretty sure someone else here mentioned it possibly being in a Smuggler's Bounty and I couldn't agree more. They finally gave us a Woody mini in the Disney box so it's a possibility - but if not then I'd be confused as to why.

Ran into a full box at GameStop that was assortment B - left it since my hunt is only for Vader at this point and he is in the D assortment. Anyone know what's in that one?

Just found these at a gamestop in SD. Got 2. A Chewie and a tarkin. They are pretty cool. Chewies head really moves and tarkin not so much.

How do you know which assortment it is? I see a lot of talk of D E and F. I grabbed one from 2 different boxes.

Thanks.

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '77

:SW9:

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:53 am

Megacam wrote:got a snaggletooth, trooper han. dupe chewy GS case

Not even a 1/36?

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:26 am

kappait wrote:
hellojayare wrote:

Just found these at a gamestop in SD. Got 2. A Chewie and a tarkin. They are pretty cool. Chewies head really moves and tarkin not so much.

How do you know which assortment it is? I see a lot of talk of D E and F. I grabbed one from 2 different boxes.

Thanks.

The case letters are on the shipment box, so you can't tell if they're on display already.
Poppin'

funkopez

Postby funkopez » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am

Is Darth definitely in D for the non exclusive boxes? Also, anyone else know what is really in that and the others?

morsehawk

Postby morsehawk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am

hellojayare wrote:

If we hadn't already had the Droids box, I'd be more excited at this idea. I suppose he could turn up in the Jedi box.

konko

Postby konko » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:48 pm

KnightsOfRey wrote:Image

Gamestop Case A = Han Exclusive, Hammerhead, Snaggletooth
Gamestop Case E = Han Exclusive, Snaggletooth, Obi-Wan

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:59 am

Funko Hunter wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:... Trying to go for a Jawa with the lightest box failed me with pulling a 3PO though... Not a double at least, but still bummed it was the little dude...

From my experience, Tarkin is actually the lightest.

Yeah that makes sense actually now I think about it... Jawa is shorter but more solid... rookie mistake... Maybe I go back tomorrow at lunch if there are still some there and try my luck again...

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 am

konko wrote:

If you are correct then B has both Stormtrooper Han and Luke. There was definitely not a dupe Chewie.

HawkLord

Postby HawkLord » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Hit a GS that had a full display box, minus one. I bought eight total and pulled:

GS Han Stormtrooper
Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
Tarkin
C-3PO (x2)
Ponda Baba
Chewie

The dupe 3PO is fine because I'll likely repaint it into another droid or maybe just dirty 3PO from AOTC. The quality is outstanding with this set - no loose springs and the heads sit low enough. I only had one 3PO with a head slightly askew, but I turned it back into position. Paint jobs are also very clean.

I'll probably buy some more if I can find them, since I still really want a Leia and she's super common. Dupes of most of the aliens and the troopers wouldn't hurt. Even with the $1 increase, I think they're well worth it as mystery vinyls go and the bases help in that regard.

konko

Postby konko » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:24 pm

hellojayare wrote:
konko wrote:

If you are correct then B has both Stormtrooper Han and Luke. There was definitely not a dupe Chewie.

I'm 100% sure ... I had 2 cases of each.

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Updated Gamestop case letters with the above

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

So I'm certain I saw this posted somewhere but wanted to confirm that I stopped by an out of the way Hot Topic yesterday where they had 2 full cases in the back but were not allowed to sell because they were street dated. The manager claimed there was a memo that went out that said not to sell them until what I would assume is Force Friday. Apparently the ones that were already sold were done so incorrectly. Hopefully this means that there will be multiple cases available at all Hot Topics and the prices of those exclusives will more than likely come down quite a bit.

Can anyone with some inside knowledge back this up so I can stop the hunt for the Hot Topics until next month? Thanks!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:23 pm

hellojayare wrote:So I'm certain I saw this posted somewhere but wanted to confirm that I stopped by an out of the way Hot Topic yesterday where they had 2 full cases in the back but were not allowed to sell because they were street dated. The manager claimed there was a memo that went out that said not to sell them until what I would assume is Force Friday. Apparently the ones that were already sold were done so incorrectly. Hopefully this means that there will be multiple cases available at all Hot Topics and the prices of those exclusives will more than likely come down quite a bit.

Can anyone with some inside knowledge back this up so I can stop the hunt for the Hot Topics until next month? Thanks!

Our stores haven't gotten them yet

http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-s ... 14851.html

But they are still selling them online.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: HQ FREDDY DORBZ!!!
Knight Freddy Dorbz, White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 708
Dorbz: 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ridez: 32
Rides: 5
Minis: 497
Pocket Pop!: 72
PSH: 245
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 11

hellojayare

Postby hellojayare » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:

Ha! I didn't even think to show them that. I was really surprised to get that response and did everything I could to nicely explain I thought they may be mistaken but got nowhere. Oh well if I take a trip back out there at some point we will see. Thanks for the reminder!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm

hellojayare wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:

Ha! I didn't even think to show them that. I was really surprised to get that response and did everything I could to nicely explain I thought they may be mistaken but got nowhere. Oh well if I take a trip back out there at some point we will see. Thanks for the reminder!

Good luck.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: HQ FREDDY DORBZ!!!
Knight Freddy Dorbz, White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 708
Dorbz: 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ridez: 32
Rides: 5
Minis: 497
Pocket Pop!: 72
PSH: 245
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 11

funkopez

Postby funkopez » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:06 pm

hellojayare wrote:So I'm certain I saw this posted somewhere but wanted to confirm that I stopped by an out of the way Hot Topic yesterday where they had 2 full cases in the back but were not allowed to sell because they were street dated. The manager claimed there was a memo that went out that said not to sell them until what I would assume is Force Friday. Apparently the ones that were already sold were done so incorrectly. Hopefully this means that there will be multiple cases available at all Hot Topics and the prices of those exclusives will more than likely come down quite a bit.

I got 2 cases last week and there wasn't a problem. Also, they are for sale online, so it seems strange they wouldn't sell them in store.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:24 pm

I loved these until my husband started buying them
My house has too many funko items
To be married to a fellow funatic.

Return to “Blind Bags”