Miniature Hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby Jezter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:43 am

Mini hikari sound pretty cool to me, but I'm still waiting on any Hikari version of Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and various other characters, so maybe someday! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 303
Dorbz: 19
Mystery Minis: 15
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Hikari: 1
Need- Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

Image

User avatar
KMFH11
Posts: 5045
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am
Location: Orange County California
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby KMFH11 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Jezter wrote:Mini hikari sound pretty cool to me, but I'm still waiting on any Hikari version of Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and various other characters, so maybe someday! :D

Ghost Rider would be so cool!!!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Image
Image

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 am

Finally got my RO box and man is that mini hikari awesome! I would definitely be interested in these if they decided to make more. Iron Man, Boba, Troopers, wampa!, make them all funko!
Image

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Just received two rejects off ebay, and they great! Charming and detailed sculpts, I hope for more!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Sounds like more mini Hikari are on the way, hooray!

http://popvinyls.com/2016/12/08/funkos- ... s-day-one/
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:10 pm

nanite wrote:Sounds like more mini Hikari are on the way, hooray!

http://popvinyls.com/2016/12/08/funkos- ... s-day-one/


Yup... Brain actually first announced it on page 2 of this thread! There will be a bounty hunter Hikari Mini exclusive at Star Wars Celebration in April.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image

User avatar
KMFH11
Posts: 5045
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am
Location: Orange County California
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:47 pm

nanite wrote:Just received two rejects off ebay, and they great! Charming and detailed sculpts, I hope for more!

I saw those on ebay from China. I wanted to buy them but I didn't. I didn't want them to make money on a reject lol but congrats to you!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Image
Image

User avatar
popmad2016
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby popmad2016 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Well I just bought 3 loose from China as well...red / blue and clear...honestly if Funko makes this a proper line and expands the diversity of characters and franchises available then I could see myself going away from Pop! (keeping what I have though!) to this...

The miniature idea is great! They're just a perfect size! It's visually very eye grabbing too. Also definitely more affordable than the regular size...which is what always turned me away from the line in the first place...

Still a lot of Pop! wants...but when I fill that 10th plastic tub full of Pop!s (on to the 7th at the moment) I'll be discontinuing my Pop! collecting altogether and enjoying what I have...unless I move to a bigger house (not going to happen lol) or put them in storage elsewhere (not something I'm favorable of doing unless it's stock for sale).

I seriously thought about collecting the Wobblers this week, as Funko is really winning me over with their visual style lately...PSH's...Mystery Minis...just all very cool product lines...

...BUT with the ever worrying space issue I might leave the Wobblers for Miniature Hikari instead...if I really try really hard I *might* be able to accommodate 2-3 tubs worth of these along with the Pop!s...but damn, the cupboards here are going to be bulging out! lol

As collectors we sure put ourselves through a lot of grief hehe but man it's worth it!
Image

User avatar
CaseyJones14
Posts: 3638
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:37 pm

I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 6346
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:33 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<


:violent3: my wallet just burst into flames :mir1:
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia :freddy1:

Image

Image

User avatar
popmad2016
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby popmad2016 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:47 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<


Oh yes please!!!
Image

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 am

I'm all for a whole line. $20 - $30 pricepoint? Maybe a little higher for really complex paintjobs? Much more space efficient, and much more wallet friendly than the big ones...

...Which I really enjoy, but when you've got suicide sellers flipping them for next to nothing, and "real" Japanese sofubi at the same pricepoints as MSRP? They get kinda hard to justify.

So I'm all for a mini line!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
popmad2016
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby popmad2016 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:39 am

nanite wrote:I'm all for a whole line. $20 - $30 pricepoint? Maybe a little higher for really complex paintjobs? Much more space efficient, and much more wallet friendly than the big ones...


Hoping to be able to get them for between $18-25 each AUD. Like you said....maybe a little less for the simpler ones...I don't mind if they're made in higher editions too...no probs if they are 1 of 5,000 or something like that....
Image

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5512
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Litchfield Park AZ

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:51 pm

I'd probably try to get all the Night Kings if they happened.
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. "Don't tell a lie on me, I won't tell the truth about you."
WANTED: Image

allcutethings2
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Location: Lost in a book
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 pm

If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.
Rachel

Pops: 229
Dorbz: 119
Mystery Minis: 125
PSH: 29
Hikari: 7


Instagram: @allcutethings2

User avatar
Strending625
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am
Location: Echo Base, Hoth

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby Strending625 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<

Why did you have to put this in my mind?! Now I must have them! And a mini shredder Hikari! And a full sized one for that matter!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: closing in on 500 :eek:
Dorbz: 100ish
Newest pop: Juggernaut
ISO: Think Geek B&W Harley Quinn,Chase Him, Chase Eleven, Darth Vader Mini Hikari (all but black,red), White Lantern Wonder Woman, White Lantern Batman, White Raven (huge Grail), Indy

User avatar
CaseyJones14
Posts: 3638
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Strending625 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<

Why did you have to put this in my mind?! Now I must have them! And a mini shredder Hikari! And a full sized one for that matter!


Oh man Shredder Hikari!

:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd love some mini-TMNT Hikari! [-o<

Why did you have to put this in my mind?! Now I must have them! And a mini shredder Hikari! And a full sized one for that matter!


Oh man Shredder Hikari!

:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:


I would be all over Shredder! Splinter and Krang would also make for killer Hikari, mini or full size.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Posts: 1759
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:25 pm

I really hope we get some previews from Toy Fair... need to know how bad my wallet will be hurting lol
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89

ImageImage

ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Pop! Proto | Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Been watching the prices on boxed examples, they're holding fairly steady! $10ish shipped for the Red/Blue/Silve ones, Black glitter pushes $20, and the Gold seems to hit $50 regularly.

Nice job funko!

Are they numbered at all, like the big ones?
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 pm

nanite wrote:Are they numbered at all, like the big ones?


Nope, just a standard release. Glad to see they have been a hit though, hopefully this gives a little overall boost to the Hikari line.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image

User avatar
TriFeckTa
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm
Location: Little Saigon, California
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 am

I think Mini Hikaris are a perfect size for Hikari to make them look adorable and appealing. I would love some creative Iron Man ones!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 23
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS
Iron Man Mystery Minis: COMPLETE
Iron Man Dorbz: 1
Iron Man Bobble-Banks: 2

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Costco Damaged Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:31 am

allcutethings2 wrote:If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.

I would buy a few mini Stitches

As far as mini hikaris go, I never liked the regular ones, but these are cool. Why are people suggesting $20+/- retail for these ](*,)
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby ScarletFunko » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:44 am

Unfortunately I could see these being $20-$25 given how expensive regular Hikaris are. I'm really hoping they are no more than $15 though because I'd like to go all out with these.
Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm

POPHawk wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:If they did mini Stitch Hikaris ... that'd definitely make me jump into the Hikari line full fledged.

I would buy a few mini Stitches

As far as mini hikaris go, I never liked the regular ones, but these are cool. Why are people suggesting $20+/- retail for these ](*,)


True Japanese sofubi vinyl figures use an expensive and high-grade vinyl, hence the high price tags. Hikari do not use quite that high grade of a vinyl material but it is a much nicer than what Pops, Vinyl Idols or Rock Candy use, hence the higher price. Plus add in the glitter, translucent colors, paint applications, etc and there is a higher cost there. Be nice to see the sweet spot hit around $15 for these, maybe $20 for an exclusive or a complicated paint application.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Yup, what mohawkjones said.

Another question on the mini boxes: Is the MindSyle name anywhere to be found? That partnership could be adding to the price too.

If Funko could get away with unpainted figures at $15, then higher for the painted versions, it would be great!

But I kinda doubt it, and retailers would really balk if each mini was priced differently.
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 pm

mohawkjones wrote:True Japanese sofubi vinyl figures use an expensive and high-grade vinyl, hence the high price tags. Hikari do not use quite that high grade of a vinyl material but it is a much nicer than what Pops, Vinyl Idols or Rock Candy use, hence the higher price. Plus add in the glitter, translucent colors, paint applications, etc and there is a higher cost there. Be nice to see the sweet spot hit around $15 for these, maybe $20 for an exclusive or a complicated paint application.

Very true! I read that Sofubi also use a high grade paint application

Regardless I would agree that $15 is the best price for these ;-)
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
popmad2016
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:58 am

Received my x3 mini Hikari Vader's and gotta say I absolutely love them! The scale, the look, the feel...everything about these just feel right!

The blue is my fav, followed by the red. Admittedly the silver / clear is a bit of a third wheel, but still a very attractive and decent Hikari in it's own right.

I would love to see this line take off...can't wait to see what's in store for 2017...

Oh and honestly, I'd be happy with more translucent / glitter and very basic paint apps (maybe 2 color tone) releases in order to keep costs at $15usd per mini Hikari...save the really detailed stuff for the larger scale Hikari's....
Image

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby ScarletFunko » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:25 am

popmad2016 wrote:Received my x3 mini Hikari Vader's and gotta say I absolutely love them! The scale, the look, the feel...everything about these just feel right!

The blue is my fav, followed by the red. Admittedly the silver / clear is a bit of a third wheel, but still a very attractive and decent Hikari in it's own right.

I would love to see this line take off...can't wait to see what's in store for 2017...

Oh and honestly, I'd be happy with more translucent / glitter and very basic paint apps (maybe 2 color tone) releases in order to keep costs at $15usd per mini Hikari...save the really detailed stuff for the larger scale Hikari's....


I think that's going to be key with this line. The mini hikari seem pretty popular so I think they really have potential but if they are more than $15 I don't see them doing too well. I feel like they'd fall into the same issue as regular hikaris where most people think it's cool but aren't willing to pay the price for it. Personally I want to see this line do great because I absolutely love the mini Vader and am eager to add more mini hikaris to my display.
Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 am

ScarletFunko wrote:I think that's going to be key with this line. The mini hikari seem pretty popular so I think they really have potential but if they are more than $15 I don't see them doing too well. I feel like they'd fall into the same issue as regular hikaris where most people think it's cool but aren't willing to pay the price for it. Personally I want to see this line do great because I absolutely love the mini Vader and am eager to add more mini hikaris to my display.

Well said, and as someone who doesn't like the normal hikari, these are much more appealing, so I would like to see a better price point, so its more accessible for people, and in turn we get more :) :cheers:
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
FearlessPhotog
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:23 am

The better price point definitely works for me

User avatar
JsinLegacy
Posts: 3379
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Really hoping they do these. I would be down to for all the Skeletors to come back in a mini version.

GIVE ME THEM ALL
Image

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. He-Man Wobbler 3. Orko Wobbler

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

User avatar
Strending625
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am
Location: Echo Base, Hoth

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby Strending625 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:04 am

JsinLegacy wrote:Really hoping they do these. I would be down to for all the Skeletors to come back in a mini version.

GIVE ME THEM ALL

An army of little chubby Skeletors would be amazing!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: closing in on 500 :eek:
Dorbz: 100ish
Newest pop: Juggernaut
ISO: Think Geek B&W Harley Quinn,Chase Him, Chase Eleven, Darth Vader Mini Hikari (all but black,red), White Lantern Wonder Woman, White Lantern Batman, White Raven (huge Grail), Indy

User avatar
FearlessPhotog
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby FearlessPhotog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 am

Skeletors would be AMAZING :D

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby nanite » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Spoiler: show
Yay Mini Hikari Chopper! There's so little merch for him, I'm really pleased!
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1299
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Miniature Hikari

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm

nanite wrote:
Spoiler: show
Yay Mini Hikari Chopper! There's so little merch for him, I'm really pleased!


Spoiler: show
I know! I ordered 2 boxes when I found out he was the "third vinyl collectible". I would love for the Mini Hikari to be a reoccurring item in the sub boxes.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image


Return to “Hikari”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users