Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
BenLo
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby BenLo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:20 pm

markenty13 wrote:Came across these!! (Not my pic)

Image


Totally digging that Joker and Lex Luther set!

SuMo
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby SuMo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Propellarhead9 wrote:They seem like a product that would be well suited to paired with a game of some sort. Make a Funko version of HeroClix.


That would be pretty awesome! The BF and I use to shop for HeroClix (prior to Funko).

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

I keep stopping in at the target down the road from me to see if these have hit Orlando yet...nope.

User avatar
Rickakatuna
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Was really iffy on these at first but after watching the unboxing video, I want the Scooby ones. Like the 2 packs of monsters. Would love to see more of them
ImageImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
AnaBanana
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:22 am
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby AnaBanana » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Almost tempted to grab some of the Rangers. Not doing it for me here.
ECCC '17
ECCC '17 Fugitive Toys Party
SDCC '17

schmeebel
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby schmeebel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I’d love to see a David Lynch series of these.

Hqsdfan619
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Got the Justice League one, Teen Titans and Power Ranger 2 pack. I just love how they look. We are big time Justice League Collectors so it was a must have for our son. The Teen Titans one is more for my daughter. The Power Ranger ones are for my husband and I. LOL... :D :roflmao:

YamiJV
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby YamiJV » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 pm

I need those power rangers tho.

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 am

Stumbled onto the 5 NAF two packs today in Orlando but no sign of any dc packs.

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 am

I absolutely LOVE that funko is branching out into toy toys...something I feel my kids will actually enjoy and want to play with vs another vinyl geared primarily towards collectors. I probably enjoy Hero World the way more people enjoy Vynl (that I did not). If I had one criticism it would be that the hero world logo feels like it's missing something. Like if it had a gold foil border or something
Gavin

Image


FunKlub # 14297

ISO Protos:
Batman The Animated Series Joker POP - Color or White
Friends TV Series Monica POP - Color
League of Legends Series Lee Sin POP - Color
Smuggler's Bounty Boba Fett POP- White or Color
Thor Ragnarok MCC - Thor POP - White or Color

User avatar
funko_ryan
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby funko_ryan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 pm

ghostrye wrote:I'm hunting for the Justice League set for sure. The Titans sets look great...I'm still a little
Shook seeing Jinx in starfire's spot in the five pack.


Agreed. I thought that was odd as well.
:freddy2:

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:13 pm

funko_ryan wrote:
ghostrye wrote:I'm hunting for the Justice League set for sure. The Titans sets look great...I'm still a little
Shook seeing Jinx in starfire's spot in the five pack.


Agreed. I thought that was odd as well.


It does look a little odd from the perspective of the set as a whole. I understand why they did it...it just feels incorrect.

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby Gothamite » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:00 pm

They have their own endcap.

Image

Image

Image

Image

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 am

Okay. I'm inspired. Back to the local
targets tomorrow to look for the DC packs!!!

User avatar
popfanboy
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:52 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 am

zaghawk wrote:I absolutely LOVE that funko is branching out into toy toys...something I feel my kids will actually enjoy and want to play with vs another vinyl geared primarily towards collectors. I probably enjoy Hero World the way more people enjoy Vynl (that I did not). If I had one criticism it would be that the hero world logo feels like it's missing something. Like if it had a gold foil border or something


I too am very excited that they are branching out because this will help them expand to the "non-collectors". I love Pop!s as I'm sure we all do but they won't last forever so I'm happy to see Funko setting some roots in other places.
Names Tanner! My dream is to work at Funko one day!
Check out some of my sketches!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO: Narwhal Proto
Image
Image

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby zaghawk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 am

popfanboy wrote:
zaghawk wrote:I absolutely LOVE that funko is branching out into toy toys...something I feel my kids will actually enjoy and want to play with vs another vinyl geared primarily towards collectors. I probably enjoy Hero World the way more people enjoy Vynl (that I did not). If I had one criticism it would be that the hero world logo feels like it's missing something. Like if it had a gold foil border or something


I too am very excited that they are branching out because this will help them expand to the "non-collectors". I love Pop!s as I'm sure we all do but they won't last forever so I'm happy to see Funko setting some roots in other places.


I actually think POPs will last forever, but it does feel a bit like it may have finally hit its peak (which we have said before and been proven wrong). But yeah I don't think POP is going away ever, but Funko obviously wants to grow and Hero World seems like a step in the right direction for hitting non-collector fan bases.

Still anxiously awaiting Lounge Fly for men.
Gavin

Image


FunKlub # 14297

ISO Protos:
Batman The Animated Series Joker POP - Color or White
Friends TV Series Monica POP - Color
League of Legends Series Lee Sin POP - Color
Smuggler's Bounty Boba Fett POP- White or Color
Thor Ragnarok MCC - Thor POP - White or Color

BenLo
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby BenLo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

I really like Raven floating like that.

User avatar
Shinfo13
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 pm
Location: San Dimas, CA

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby Shinfo13 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:53 am

zaghawk wrote:
popfanboy wrote:
zaghawk wrote:I absolutely LOVE that funko is branching out into toy toys...something I feel my kids will actually enjoy and want to play with vs another vinyl geared primarily towards collectors. I probably enjoy Hero World the way more people enjoy Vynl (that I did not). If I had one criticism it would be that the hero world logo feels like it's missing something. Like if it had a gold foil border or something


I too am very excited that they are branching out because this will help them expand to the "non-collectors". I love Pop!s as I'm sure we all do but they won't last forever so I'm happy to see Funko setting some roots in other places.


I actually think POPs will last forever, but it does feel a bit like it may have finally hit its peak (which we have said before and been proven wrong). But yeah I don't think POP is going away ever, but Funko obviously wants to grow and Hero World seems like a step in the right direction for hitting non-collector fan bases.

Still anxiously awaiting Lounge Fly for men.


I wholeheartedly agree. Pop may cool down in popularity but never fully disappear so its good to see Funko make the move into other stuff that appeals to both collectors like us and possibly kids. The closest I think they've gotten before is the FNAF articulated figs, but I feel like they were kinda late to join the hype train on that one. Pop doesn't even really have much "playability" so new lines are a welcome sight.'

That stuff aside, I'm hearing these are kinda spotty as far as quality control. I've seen alot of complaints about super sloppy paint, broken pieces, and even completely missing pieces on these. I'm sure they'll get better over time
Current Pop count: 853
Current Dorbz Count: 206
Newest Pop: Katniss (The Girl On Fire)
Favorite Pop: Todd Ingram (Scott Pilgrim)
Favorite Dorbz: Panthro with Thundertank
ISO: Not even sure anymore

Image

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:53 am

Arghhhh. I got faked out tonight at my local Target. I popped in looking for the DC Heroworld sets, so I went to several different locations I thought they might be. I looked at the toy aisle and low and behold in the dc comics section, there were 4 two packs hanging incorrectly on pegs not assigned to them. All four were the joker and Luther set! I only am looking for the jl 5 pack and the hawks...so of course none of those were there.

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Success!!! My SuperTarget finally put up their endcap this evening with all of the sets...I was able to have my pick the dc comics sets!

And I was surprised by the reasonable prices as well. The 5 pack of JL and 2 pack of Hawks was just $23....bargain prices!

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby wraithkelso » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 am

has anyone seen the item numbers for the Scooby Doo sets? I haven't been able to find them using the target website or the app but would love to ad the villain 2-packs to join my pop collection
My Pop collection:
Disney: 242
Marvel: 70
Star Wars: 66
Harry Potter: 40
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 14
Rock-Candy: 11
Mystery Minis: 11
Dorbz: 10
Hikari: 7
Plush: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MyLittleFunkos
HOF2016
HOF2016
Posts: 4792
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 am

Now that I got a chance to see these in person, I can honestly say they're worth every dollar. I bought the Teen Titans pair of Batman and Nightwing for $7.99. It's pretty much $4 a figure and the packaging is pretty damn cool. They also had the Green Ranger set but they didn't have the White Ranger set so I decided to wait so I can buy both at the same time. The Green Ranger set was so bad a**. The Dragonzord was soooo cool. I hope they do well so that we see a lot more of these down the line.
Image
I'm Abe

BenLo
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby BenLo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

I saw these yesterday and they looked really good. Loving the villains and Scooby Doo sets.

ghostrye
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Hero World - Vinyl Figures

Postby ghostrye » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 am

I wonder if these will be refreshed a few times during g the year? It says "series one" but I'd like to know there are more DC characters on the way.


Return to “Action Figures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users