Pokemon Pop!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Swatrob

Re: Pokemon Pop!

Postby Swatrob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 pm

pberickp wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Wow that's super shady. The people who work behind electronics aren't technically Target employees?

Yeah it stinks but there isn’t really much anyone can do.

There are some good stores and some bad ones. In my area I just know the Target stores to avoid. But there are 2 in my area that have been really good with their recent releases. Find an honest Target (or two if you're lucky) and just stick to those ones. Then hope they do a re-stock on a day you don't have to be at work.

One of the targets that is kind of close only ours one exclusive out at a time. After the person leaves they will put the next one out, I like that
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 pm

supertoygiant wrote:Regardless of the issue with Target, I like Target and hope they keep getting exclusives. FYE should not be allow to get exclusives imo.

Gotta disagree there. I've never had an issue getting an exclusive from FYE. They always have plenty in stock and even offer a pre-order option. The only downside there is the upcharge on their exclusives.

Meanwhile...Walmart, Target, and Walgreens are the epitome of miss-or-miss with the occasional hit thrown in.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Boymom4

Re: Coming Soon Target Exclusive Pikachu Pop

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Wakeup2011 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:Today, we were at Target 20 min before opening and no one was there. We went to the electronics dept and we kindly asked the Target employee for the Pikachu. He told us he hadn’t seen it. We then asked him if he can look up the number but he said it didn’t show any stock. Then, our son said “They were suppose to be out today (in a very sad voice).” Then, the Target employee said maybe later they would get a truck. We then kindly asked him if he didn’t mind checking at another store to see if they had received them. He then looked it up and found another Target 5 miles away that showed it in stock and told us to call them first. We proceeded to call the other store to verify. We spoke to one of the employees over the phone and let him know we were at another Target store where they had asked us to call to see if they had received the Pikachu. He, then informed us that they did have them. We asked the Target employee (Chris...thank you so much) if he would be so kind to hold just one for us and that we would be there ASAP. Chris, said “Yes” :freddy2: and asked us our name. All I can say, this was the FIRST TIME we ever got an exclusive at a TARGET STORE. Chris really made it a very pleasant experience. He really made the day for one happy child! \:D/

Glad to hear a positive target store instead of the usual negative ones. Glad it worked out and you have a happy kiddo. Luckily I was able to grab one for my 7 yr old who is not only pokemon obsessed, but also funko obsessed :)

Haha lol ...you have described our child. He is the collector not us. He is so happy to have Pikachu. He looks at it everyday and even leaves it by his bedside to sleep with it near him. It’s so cute. He really loves it.

That's awesome! It makes hunting down these funko pops a little more bearable when it makes our kids so happy. Every collector should experience collecting through the eyes of a child. I feel like their innocence and pure happiness and joy is what collecting is all about. In my opinion it's not about the value, but rather what makes you and your kids and family happy. My husband and son's have so much fun collecting funko pops. Some dads take their kids to baseball games and my husband takes our kiddos pop hunting because this is what makes them happy :)

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:26 pm

chaostryder wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:I just want Snorlax!

It'd have to be a 10 inch for sure!

haha of course, that would be so awesome. Honestly though at this point i would love Funko to announce the next pokemon on the list. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
chaostryder wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:I just want Snorlax!

haha of course, that would be so awesome. Honestly though at this point i would love Funko to announce the next pokemon on the list. :D

Agreed, I'm glad they hinted there will be more in 2019 for Pokemon in the earnings call last week, we'll all be holding our breath for a bit though
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:34 pm

chaostryder wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
chaostryder wrote:

Agreed, I'm glad they hinted there will be more in 2019 for Pokemon in the earnings call last week, we'll all be holding our breath for a bit though

yeah although i do like that they said they will not be flooding the market and instead trickling releases here and there
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

aphotic

Postby aphotic » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

The hunt for Pikachu has been extremely disappointing to say the least. We were always told the next day, but being first in the store we were told it was sold out. Do we know if anymore will be coming? The website is showing no longer sold.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 pm

aphotic wrote:The hunt for Pikachu has been extremely disappointing to say the least. We were always told the next day, but being first in the store we were told it was sold out. Do we know if anymore will be coming? The website is showing no longer sold.

The Target Twitter account promised more in the "Fall". That should be next month. You just have to up at all weird hours of the night to get one.

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm

pika pika :)

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:38 am

neonglow wrote:
aphotic wrote:The hunt for Pikachu has been extremely disappointing to say the least. We were always told the next day, but being first in the store we were told it was sold out. Do we know if anymore will be coming? The website is showing no longer sold.

The Target Twitter account promised more in the "Fall". That should be next month. You just have to up at all weird hours of the night to get one.

Hmm wonder if that will just be the 10" pikachu or if it'll be a completely new one

Past Events:

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm

chaostryder wrote:
neonglow wrote:

Hmm wonder if that will just be the 10" pikachu or if it'll be a completely new one

It'll just be Pikachu and maybe Eevee this year. 2019 is when the they will expand to more characters.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:44 pm

neonglow wrote:
chaostryder wrote:
neonglow wrote:

It'll just be Pikachu and maybe Eevee this year. 2019 is when the they will expand to more characters.

Yea Eevee would make a lot of sense with the new Switch game coming out later

Past Events:

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Is there really a rumor that Pikachu (original) will stop production?
Is it just a rumor? Or is there some truth?
Will we ever know?
xoxo Deb

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 pm

TheLastDude wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:Regardless of the issue with Target, I like Target and hope they keep getting exclusives. FYE should not be allow to get exclusives imo.

Gotta disagree there. I've never had an issue getting an exclusive from FYE. They always have plenty in stock and even offer a pre-order option. The only downside there is the upcharge on their exclusives.

Meanwhile...Walmart, Target, and Walgreens are the epitome of miss-or-miss with the occasional hit thrown in.
Agreed. Give me FYE over Walmart and Target. Walgreens hasn’t been that bad for me, in the online front.
:freddy1:

Bkbeeze718

Postby Bkbeeze718 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Random_sum1 wrote:
jcowden5984 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:I'd be happy with just a Pikachu! Though if they do continue with the line i wish they'd do the original starting 3 Pokemon. Squirtle was always my fave \:D/

I agree with the starters. I would love a charmander!

I think a 3 pk would be cool with the starters

A three pack would be so cool \:D/ \:D/

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Bkbeeze718 wrote:
Random_sum1 wrote:
jcowden5984 wrote:I agree with the starters. I would love a charmander!

Agree that would be cool, though individually would be alright as well. Given that the game sort of forces you
to choose one anyhow :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:04 pm

My 15 month old daughter doesn't know what Pokemon is, but she sure as heck wants my husband's Pikachu Pop. I personally can't wait until they expand the line some more. I would love to have a Snorlax pop!

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:44 am

I am glad they made a lot of these. I hope the make a ton of commons not exclusive to any retailer so they are easier to get
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019 (soon)

rush_6

Postby rush_6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:23 am

I know it is under the pop games banner but i do hope we get an ash misty and Brock along with a few other trainers like gary and team rocket. I know pikachu exclusives will get insane with all the hat variants. I will try to keep this and MHA sets 100% because i sadly have given up on completing DBZ.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:19 am

rush_6 wrote:I know it is under the pop games banner but i do hope we get an ash misty and Brock along with a few other trainers like gary and team rocket. I know pikachu exclusives will get insane with all the hat variants. I will try to keep this and MHA sets 100% because i sadly have given up on completing DBZ.

To be fair, if it's games then the Pikachu hats shouldn't happen either lol but they're doing comic versions of Power Rangers and it's in the TV line so I wouldn't rule out Pokemon anime stuff.

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:32 am

Any Pokemon is fine just please make some of them commons pleas, Target can't have it all!!! They seem to be having more exclusives then Hot Topic or Gamestop
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

Disney, Star Wars, Animation, TV Shows, and Marvel

ISO Right Now: Vaulted Disney, Bloddy Walking Dead, Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:10 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:Any Pokemon is fine just please make some of them commons pleas, Target can't have it all!!! They seem to be having more exclusives then Hot Topic or Gamestop

I'm hoping Target getting Pikachu was just because they have a 10 inch planned, like how Castiel was a HT exclusive then all the following ones were HT exclusives too, and Target's the only place with 10 inch. Target wouldn't be as bad if they actually got more than 6.

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm still waiting for my normal Pikachu, so I really hope they dont release too many just yet! 10inch Pikachu might be tough to ignore but i must for now!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

rush_6

Postby rush_6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:21 pm

kevin87 wrote:
rush_6 wrote:I know it is under the pop games banner but i do hope we get an ash misty and Brock along with a few other trainers like gary and team rocket. I know pikachu exclusives will get insane with all the hat variants. I will try to keep this and MHA sets 100% because i sadly have given up on completing DBZ.

To be fair, if it's games then the Pikachu hats shouldn't happen either lol but they're doing comic versions of Power Rangers and it's in the TV line so I wouldn't rule out Pokemon anime stuff.

Sadly the hats are in game versions now(sun,moon,go,detective) so its only a matter of time. But yes the power rangers being "television" and using a comic book character gives me hope for an ash.

vtyu221

Postby vtyu221 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Is there gonna be a restock?
Please call me vince :freddy2:

ISO: James Gunn, Duffer Brothers, Director Freddy

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm

vtyu221 wrote:Is there gonna be a restock?

My question too. It looks to have changed a bit on target.com. All my local stores now say "not longer sold at..."

Before it was just out of stock or whatever. I don't like the looks of it.

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:27 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Bkbeeze718 wrote:
Random_sum1 wrote:

Agree that would be cool, though individually would be alright as well. Given that the game sort of forces you
to choose one anyhow :D

Ugh, no more packs, please. The packs don't equal the same space as individual boxes, so it throws off the alignment (don't give me the OOB argument, it's not going to happen), plus they're more expensive because they're the equivalent of however many are in the pack, so you have to save up for one rather than buying the two or three individually over time.
I'm Kristin, level 11 Rogue

whedonfreak

Postby whedonfreak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Dewgong, please.
Forever holding out hope for a Pop! of Anya from Buffy.
Collection: 645 Pop!s, 28 Dorbz
https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/whedonfreak/SGK707PKE1REDCDH/
ISO Protos from: Rick & Morty, South Park, Buffy, Penguins of Madagascar, Game of Thrones

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Just heard about the 10" Pikachu... definitely want!

Random_sum1

Postby Random_sum1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:35 pm

ETphonehome wrote:Just heard about the 10" Pikachu... definitely want!

I need this...
:dkjoker1:

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Was a release date mentioned?

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:29 am

Rumor is that the Pikachu might reach Europe after all. My hopes are rising again...
Fingers crossed...
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/

Ajc619

Postby Ajc619 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Random_sum1 wrote:

I need this...

Me too!

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Ajc619 wrote:
Random_sum1 wrote:

I need this...

Me too!

I'd like to find the reg first before trying to deal w a 10in!!

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Fnkyeahryry wrote:So happy this is happening!! Thank you Brian! I can’t wait to see what else is in store with the Nintendo license. :D

Me too! This is going to be amazing, but expensive, eek
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,345

Updated 8-7-18

Laker Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

Wakeup2011

Postby Wakeup2011 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:Glad to hear a positive target store instead of the usual negative ones. Glad it worked out and you have a happy kiddo. Luckily I was able to grab one for my 7 yr old who is not only pokemon obsessed, but also funko obsessed :)

Haha lol ...you have described our child. He is the collector not us. He is so happy to have Pikachu. He looks at it everyday and even leaves it by his bedside to sleep with it near him. It’s so cute. He really loves it.

That's awesome! It makes hunting down these funko pops a little more bearable when it makes our kids so happy. Every collector should experience collecting through the eyes of a child. I feel like their innocence and pure happiness and joy is what collecting is all about. In my opinion it's not about the value, but rather what makes you and your kids and family happy. My husband and son's have so much fun collecting funko pops. Some dads take their kids to baseball games and my husband takes our kiddos pop hunting because this is what makes them happy :)

That is so sweet that you and your husband do so much to make your kids happy. Pop hunting really makes them happy and it such a nice family activity and has great rewards of family time. Kudos to you both :freddy2:

Wakeup2011

Postby Wakeup2011 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:Glad to hear a positive target store instead of the usual negative ones. Glad it worked out and you have a happy kiddo. Luckily I was able to grab one for my 7 yr old who is not only pokemon obsessed, but also funko obsessed :)

That is so sweet that you and your husband do so much to make your kids happy. Pop hunting really makes them happy and it such a nice family activity and has great rewards of family time. Kudos to you both :freddy2:

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm excited but nervous for the 10 inch after how hard it was to get the normal sized one. I think the one downside to them releasing them all over time instead of all at once was the same people (flippers) we able to get them if they knew when shipments were going to be there as opposed to only being able to get one or two if they had someone with them they day they were released.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Wakeup2011 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:

That's very kind of you to say...thank you :)

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Is it true that Pikachu is now discontinued?
I thought they made 60K.
Is it all out now? O_O
I waited but did I miss out? T_T
xoxo Deb

Return to “Pop!”