Pokemon Pop!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
molodamus

Re: Pokemon Pop!

Postby molodamus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am

Finally caught a Pikachu!!! :compress: :compress:
Time is money friend

Bkbeeze718

Re: Coming Soon Target Exclusive Pikachu Pop

Postby Bkbeeze718 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:48 am

XSRK wrote:
Bkbeeze718 wrote:Pikachu is my first target exclusive pop

Congrats very good first target Exclusive to have

Thanks I'd really like tom & jerry as well. I'm stalking target this month. They have so many gud exclusives coming out. Bazooka joe, the noid, I luv lucy, The little shop of horrors plant. Target is on fire this month :colors:

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:43 am

Got one luckily through a friend who went to an early target release. Funko needs to stop sending exclusives to Target. ](*,) ](*,) . Their releases are really bad, employees steal the exclusives or flip them themselves or they just never make it to the stores and mysteriously disappear and then show up on eBay for 3 times the cost. ](*,) ](*,)

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Bkbeeze718 wrote:
XSRK wrote:
Bkbeeze718 wrote:Pikachu is my first target exclusive pop

Congrats very good first target Exclusive to have

Thanks I'd really like tom & jerry as well. I'm stalking target this month. They have so many gud exclusives coming out. Bazooka joe, the noid, I luv lucy, The little shop of horrors plant. Target is on fire this month :colors:

I’ve been stalking target since end of June for the coming to America pops! One left to complete the line!!!

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:55 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
CrushMcLovin wrote:I’d like to see a floating base Gyrados with a chase red edition.

Lake of Rage Gyrados, yes!

Love the idea of that for a chase versions! Make it a 10 inch and we can experience the difficulty of catching that one hahah

Dude yea a 10” would be my dream.

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Joshua1117 wrote:Got one luckily through a friend who went to an early target release. Funko needs to stop sending exclusives to Target. ](*,) ](*,) . Their releases are really bad, employees steal the exclusives or flip them themselves or they just never make it to the stores and mysteriously disappear and then show up on eBay for 3 times the cost. ](*,) ](*,)

I work next to a Target and I can still never seem to have any luck with them... ](*,)

Crazylegs

Postby Crazylegs » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:17 pm

I finally managed to get two of them for my daughters.

tamika_em

Postby tamika_em » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Still waiting for them to come to Australia :(

StarsUponThars

Postby StarsUponThars » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

I lucked out and happened to be looking at my phone when they released online.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm

This little guy is causing me way too much stress over an ugly yellow rat lol
ImageImageImage Image

Hardcore Little Monster! AHS Freak! Funatic 4 Life! 12 (and 1/2) Protos and Counting!

ISO AHS protos!

Greenrome

Postby Greenrome » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm

I need a Clefairy pop. In the Pokemon manga, Clefairy was the original starter!!

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 pm

I just want Snorlax!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 pm

I could really see the original starters along with Eevee and Jigglypuff
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Newest pop: Make-A-Wish Freddy, Red Chrome Batman
ISO: HT White Raven

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:I just want Snorlax!

It'd have to be a 10 inch for sure!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 am

I was lucky to snag a pikachu but I would like to say something about the target exclusives. I like target and I have no problems with them getting exclusives. Target employees are supposed to abide by certain rules but we know that’s not always the case. One of the problems though is the people that work st the electronics desk. I was looking at the pops and the guy there openly told me he works for a third party but is stationed at the desk. He proceeded to tell me he buys all the good pops because he doesn’t have to follow the rules. That’s a huge bummer
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:43 am

CrushMcLovin wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
Lake of Rage Gyrados, yes!

Love the idea of that for a chase versions! Make it a 10 inch and we can experience the difficulty of catching that one hahah

Dude yea a 10” would be my dream.

Make it a 10" chase Target exclusive and I'll be the one raging :evil: lol

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 am

Twofu wrote:Source- https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... ikachu-pop

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! \:D/

Pikachu is only the beginning!! It’s gonna get a whole lot better and also a whole lot worse! I’m both excited and sad! Anyone feel the same?

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Swatrob wrote:I was lucky to snag a pikachu but I would like to say something about the target exclusives. I like target and I have no problems with them getting exclusives. Target employees are supposed to abide by certain rules but we know that’s not always the case. One of the problems though is the people that work st the electronics desk. I was looking at the pops and the guy there openly told me he works for a third party but is stationed at the desk. He proceeded to tell me he buys all the good pops because he doesn’t have to follow the rules. That’s a huge bummer

Wow that's super shady. The people who work behind electronics aren't technically Target employees?
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm

I have yet to "catch" a Pikachu. Sigh-
xoxo Deb

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I was lucky to snag a pikachu but I would like to say something about the target exclusives. I like target and I have no problems with them getting exclusives. Target employees are supposed to abide by certain rules but we know that’s not always the case. One of the problems though is the people that work st the electronics desk. I was looking at the pops and the guy there openly told me he works for a third party but is stationed at the desk. He proceeded to tell me he buys all the good pops because he doesn’t have to follow the rules. That’s a huge bummer

Wow that's super shady. The people who work behind electronics aren't technically Target employees?

I knew a guy who worked at Target.
Truth of the matter is, they can do this until they are caught.
Even then, they make minimum wage whatever they've "flipped" makes up for getting let go - if they let go.
So... Sigh
xoxo Deb

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm

That sucks :( We have the people who work back there too with black shirts, but usually they are really nice and will try to help even though they don't get the little handhelds to check stock. Or at least they'll help flag someone down for you.

Hasu

Postby Hasu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

I just hope the next Pokemon POP(s) aren't target exclusive

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Hasu wrote:I just hope the next Pokemon POP(s) aren't target exclusive

I'm sure multiple stores will be vying for the exclusives, given Pokemon's popularity.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Just so many of em out there!

dork_knight

Postby dork_knight » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Meeee too!!! Maybe the 6 inch treatment :P

Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Pop Count:1,712 (I've embraced the dark side)
Grail Goals: Mr. Hyde & Bugs | Sex Bob-Omb 3-Pack | Upside Down Freddy | Dustin Freddy
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 388 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Pop_hunting_funatic

Postby Pop_hunting_funatic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 pm

I was able to get one yesterday because a kind shopper allowed me to get one of the 5 he was buying. Apparently, Target stocked the Pops in the toy aisle and as I walking there, I saw the guy walking toward me with all five in his hand. I politely asked him for one, but he told me they were for his entire family. I said it was okay but before he walked away, he turned and gave me one. I thought Target was limiting them? Or was that for the initial release?
Name: Hector *pop_hunting_funatic*
POPs!: 180
Dorbz: 7
First POP!: Bane (Dark Knight Rises)
Last POP!: Flocked Tony the Tiger
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Joshua1117 wrote:Got one luckily through a friend who went to an early target release. Funko needs to stop sending exclusives to Target. ](*,) ](*,) . Their releases are really bad, employees steal the exclusives or flip them themselves or they just never make it to the stores and mysteriously disappear and then show up on eBay for 3 times the cost. ](*,) ](*,)

Exclusives through Target are annoying!! It requires so much patience. I had all but given up on Scrooge, but just a random trip the other day got me a Scrooge McDuck much later after release. Dobby pops are showing up much later on. I think Target is by far hardest to get on actual release day, but patience seems to work with Target.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:12 pm

I've seen 4 Dobby's and 1 Scrooge in the past two days

Ghost7721

Postby Ghost7721 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:20 pm

:^o Target keeps showing Pikachu in stock but then no one can find them. What gives?

supertoygiant

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Regardless of the issue with Target, I like Target and hope they keep getting exclusives. FYE should not be allow to get exclusives imo.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm

dork_knight wrote:

Meeee too!!! Maybe the 6 inch treatment :P

Most definitely! Would be fun to just pop him across a road in a diorama. Then have the other Pokemon characters staring on.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Brian confirmed on the fiscal earnings conference call earlier today that they still have a little bit of Pokémon planned for this year at Target with expansion of the line next year.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Newest pop: Make-A-Wish Freddy, Red Chrome Batman
ISO: HT White Raven

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Finally was able to get Pikachu online from Target and oddly enough, it had to be the best packing job I have ever seen from Target, it was almost dare I say...too good :)
Check out my Instagram: azjerms :freddy3:

Wakeup2011

Postby Wakeup2011 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:31 am

Boymom4 wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:Today, we were at Target 20 min before opening and no one was there. We went to the electronics dept and we kindly asked the Target employee for the Pikachu. He told us he hadn’t seen it. We then asked him if he can look up the number but he said it didn’t show any stock. Then, our son said “They were suppose to be out today (in a very sad voice).” Then, the Target employee said maybe later they would get a truck. We then kindly asked him if he didn’t mind checking at another store to see if they had received them. He then looked it up and found another Target 5 miles away that showed it in stock and told us to call them first. We proceeded to call the other store to verify. We spoke to one of the employees over the phone and let him know we were at another Target store where they had asked us to call to see if they had received the Pikachu. He, then informed us that they did have them. We asked the Target employee (Chris...thank you so much) if he would be so kind to hold just one for us and that we would be there ASAP. Chris, said “Yes” :freddy2: and asked us our name. All I can say, this was the FIRST TIME we ever got an exclusive at a TARGET STORE. Chris really made it a very pleasant experience. He really made the day for one happy child! \:D/

Glad to hear a positive target store instead of the usual negative ones. Glad it worked out and you have a happy kiddo. Luckily I was able to grab one for my 7 yr old who is not only pokemon obsessed, but also funko obsessed :)

Haha lol ...you have described our child. He is the collector not us. He is so happy to have Pikachu. He looks at it everyday and even leaves it by his bedside to sleep with it near him. It’s so cute. He really loves it.

Wakeup2011

Postby Wakeup2011 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 am

pberickp wrote:
Wakeup2011 wrote:Today, we were at Target 20 min before opening and no one was there. We went to the electronics dept and we kindly asked the Target employee for the Pikachu. He told us he hadn’t seen it. We then asked him if he can look up the number but he said it didn’t show any stock. Then, our son said “They were suppose to be out today (in a very sad voice).” Then, the Target employee said maybe later they would get a truck. We then kindly asked him if he didn’t mind checking at another store to see if they had received them. He then looked it up and found another Target 5 miles away that showed it in stock and told us to call them first. We proceeded to call the other store to verify. We spoke to one of the employees over the phone and let him know we were at another Target store where they had asked us to call to see if they had received the Pikachu. He, then informed us that they did have them. We asked the Target employee (Chris...thank you so much) if he would be so kind to hold just one for us and that we would be there ASAP. Chris, said “Yes” :freddy2: and asked us our name. All I can say, this was the FIRST TIME we ever got an exclusive at a TARGET STORE. Chris really made it a very pleasant experience. He really made the day for one happy child! \:D/

That's great! Glad to hear a positive Target Story. Glad you and your son got a Pikachu

Thank you ;-) he is so happy. Hopefully, you were able to get one also.

Wakeup2011

Postby Wakeup2011 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:36 am

HappinessGuano wrote:

It's cool that you got one. My stores refused to do holds because it was such a high-demand item.

We were very lucky. We have never had luck with them. It’s a shame your Target didn’t do it. Hopefully, you were able to find him.

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:14 am

Strending625 wrote:Brian confirmed on the fiscal earnings conference call earlier today that they still have a little bit of Pokémon planned for this year at Target with expansion of the line next year.

Cooling earnings expectations for the rest of 2018, still a very promising collaboration and win for Funko though! Bring on 2019!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:25 am

Its good that they aren't gonna flood the market with Pokemon all at once. Whew!

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 am

Pikachu seems like a test run which i say was pretty successful.
Image ImageImage
Big Danny
Vegas Local!
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am

HarryPOPter wrote:

Yeah it stinks but there isn’t really much anyone can do.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Return to “Pop!”