New Harry Potter pops!!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TenTwoSix

Re: New Harry Potter pops!!

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:33 pm

kevin87 wrote:Cat MCGonnagall arrived today, the tracking hasn't updated any since it shipped lol Anybody else gets theirs and have trouble with it staying up? It's like they put the neck in the center when it really needs to be further up a little to offset the smaller body, or have the front legs sticking out more and not so close to the body. If it was easier to get to BAM I'd probably get another and see if it's like that as well and return one.

One of the advantages of being in box, I don't have to worry about these staying upright!
Jerry

ISO: Harry Potter on Broom Proto

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:35 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I order 2 boxes from game stop, hopefully I get the chase and the regular

Ditto! What's interesting is that it's a 1/2 chase so technically one isn't more rare. I bet the chase will be "worth more" though so I'll finally find out how much a sticker is worth lol
Jerry

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:40 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Buy one box if you get lucky with chase great if not who cares go to ebay. I promise you it will be cheaper than driving around buying multiple boxes. Add in the time to get rid of all the extras that no one will really want cause those that did have them. I know it sucks to not pay "retail" but in these cases where you never know what you will get save your time which is valuable.

Totes agree with this advice! Better to pay a lil more for what you want (chase SBlack) rather than riding on your luck with future boxes
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:03 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
kevin87 wrote:Cat MCGonnagall arrived today, the tracking hasn't updated any since it shipped lol Anybody else gets theirs and have trouble with it staying up? It's like they put the neck in the center when it really needs to be further up a little to offset the smaller body, or have the front legs sticking out more and not so close to the body. If it was easier to get to BAM I'd probably get another and see if it's like that as well and return one.

One of the advantages of being in box, I don't have to worry about these staying upright!

Meh, if I'm not going to open it I might as well leave it at the store. I'd be so rich right now. :P

TenTwoSix wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I order 2 boxes from game stop, hopefully I get the chase and the regular

Ditto! What's interesting is that it's a 1/2 chase so technically one isn't more rare. I bet the chase will be "worth more" though so I'll finally find out how much a sticker is worth lol

I actually didn't read it as a 1 in 2 (50%) chance, more that you will get one of the two.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Did anyone go out and have luck finding these? I went to my local GameStop and lucked out that they got them in today. It seems that not as many stores got these in or have any idea about them. They were running a promotion that is you bought a bag for $5, you would get 40% off if you are a Pro Member. Deciding that I wanted to make sure I got everything I picked up 4 boxes as they are $17.99 each after the discount.

Between all of the boxes I got 2 Chase Sirius Black, 2 regular Sirius Black, 3 Boggart as Snape & 1 Professor Trelawny Mystery Minis. I am glad I picked up the boxes as 1 of the regular Sirius Blacks had a damaged box. Really sad since the outer box was perfectly fine. I have noticed that it seeems to be a common issue as many of the others on eBay are the same (only the common ones). Everything else was in perfect condition.

I am really happy to finally get this Pop. I have been wanting one since they released the Mystery Mini last year. And I love that they did the Sepia Tone version to match him from the news article on the Daily Prophet front cover. Also excited that this is now my official 2nd Chase that I have found. I know the odds were different than other Chases but still exciting!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 pm

kevin87 wrote:

Is the nose on your cat McGon off center too?? I got 3 and all noses are off center, but one will stay up right so that is something, Iv been looking on insta and ebay and it seems like some of the noses might be centered but I cant tell by some of the pics and when Iv asked people no one has gotten back to me lol

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Picked up a Harry Potter mystery box from Gamestop today for Pro day. Got lucky and scored a chase SIrius Black today! Got Trelewany as the mystery mini. Really like the whole box!
Image ImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 pm

dexiesmom wrote:Picked up a Harry Potter mystery box from Gamestop today for Pro day. Got lucky and scored a chase SIrius Black today! Got Trelewany as the mystery mini. Really like the whole box!

Same here exactly. My GameStop got in 6 boxes and only 1 chase. I don’t think the odds are 1:2 like people think.
http://www.instagram.com/funkofied

GRAIL ISO:
TWD Freddy Bloody RV Walker & Bloody Daryl Dixon
Stranger Things: Freddy Steves & Upside Down Will
Count Chocula, Boo Berry & Frankenberry

ImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

Is the nose on your cat McGon off center too?? I got 3 and all noses are off center, but one will stay up right so that is something, Iv been looking on insta and ebay and it seems like some of the noses might be centered but I cant tell by some of the pics and when Iv asked people no one has gotten back to me lol

Looks fine to me, if it is it isn't all that noticeable. Did you pre-order it or did you order once it was in stock? Maybe they're two different production runs. I stuck the tail under the foot so it kind of sits uneven now, but at least it makes it stay up lol

My HP box shipped Friday, said it'd be 24hrs when I bought it so I don't think GS knows how to count. :razz: I guess after they put it up, they decided to give it an official release and just didn't ship anything out but they should have at least notified everybody. I don't want the Chase, so I'm fully expecting to get a dang Chase instead...

But yeah, I think people took 1/2 as 1 in 2 chance, but they really just meant "you'll get one of these two" so people don't think they'll get everything pictured. There seem to have been a bunch of people getting the Chase on FB so it's probably a still a low ratio, but not as low as people were thinking.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 pm

kevin87 wrote:
opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

Looks fine to me, if it is it isn't all that noticeable. Did you pre-order it or did you order once it was in stock? Maybe they're two different production runs. I stuck the tail under the foot so it kind of sits uneven now, but at least it makes it stay up lol

My HP box shipped Friday, said it'd be 24hrs when I bought it so I don't think GS knows how to count. :razz: I guess after they put it up, they decided to give it an official release and just didn't ship anything out but they should have at least notified everybody. I don't want the Chase, so I'm fully expecting to get a dang Chase instead...

But yeah, I think people took 1/2 as 1 in 2 chance, but they really just meant "you'll get one of these two" so people don't think they'll get everything pictured. There seem to have been a bunch of people getting the Chase on FB so it's probably a still a low ratio, but not as low as people were thinking.

I‹m wondering if the high number of chase pics is due to them not being sealed. People getting there early enough can just cherry pick the chase.

I wouldnt might the chase but I'm hoping for both mystery minis.
Funko Collector since 2013!
IG: mz_tredecim
Pop: 510+
Dorbz: 5
Minis/PSHs: 270+
Collections: TWD / GITD / GOT / Fantastic Beasts / Stranger Things / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:23 pm

magicalme wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Picked up a Harry Potter mystery box from Gamestop today for Pro day. Got lucky and scored a chase SIrius Black today! Got Trelewany as the mystery mini. Really like the whole box!

Same here exactly. My GameStop got in 6 boxes and only 1 chase. I don’t think the odds are 1:2 like people think.

Oh wow, that's crazy on both the ratios and the number of boxes they got. My Gamestop had a ton of them in...about 15 and that was just what they had behind the counter. I saw another box get opened and it was the regular Sirius and Bogart Snape mini. I really like that mini too but I couldn't justify buying a second $30 box just for the mini (especially when I got so lucky with my box).
Image ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:41 pm

I did not buy anyboxes I went on evilbay and bought the chase for $40 barely more than the cost of whole box so I'm fine didn't need the other stuff.

One the main reasons I didn't buy is cause I walked into my GS saw a couple boxes behind register and a couple people in front of me. The guy in front of me slipped the guy what looked like cash. The employee grabbed a box showed him the chase and rung him up. I stared the employee down said "really" and i left. Never going back there again.
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm

I stopped into the Gamestop nearest me and they only had 2 boxes with the common. Pass for me at $30 since I only really want the pop from the box.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Newest pop: Seamus Finnigan
ISO: HT White Raven, BAM McGonnagal Cat

ggoncalves

Postby ggoncalves » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Strending625 wrote:I stopped into the Gamestop nearest me and they only had 2 boxes with the common. Pass for me at $30 since I only really want the pop from the box.

I picked up 2 boxes today as I was after the mystery Minis and am looking to get rid of everything else as I don't collect Pops or 5 stars so if anyone is interested please let me know. One box has the normal Pop and the other has the Chase
ISO of Disney Princesses Meeko & Pascal and Disney Villains voodoo doll

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Same! Happy to have gotten this one. Got a few other items for pro day. Got a Conan shirt I've been wanting for awhile as well.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Hqsdfan619 wrote:

Same! Happy to have gotten this one. Got a few other items for pro day. Got a Conan shirt I've been wanting for awhile as well.

lol lol I spent way too much on Pro day.
Image ImageImage

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Hqsdfan619 wrote:

It’s probably a good thing I wasn’t able to stop in on pro day otherwise I would be sleeping on the couch for a while lol
Brandon

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Strending625 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Hqsdfan619 wrote:Same! Happy to have gotten this one. Got a few other items for pro day. Got a Conan shirt I've been wanting for awhile as well.

It’s probably a good thing I wasn’t able to stop in on pro day otherwise I would be sleeping on the couch for a while lol

40% off!! Such a good deal on so many things! :roflmao: :roflmao:
Image ImageImage

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 am

Is anyone else hoping that the new Professor Quirrell pop will have Voldemort stuck on the back of his head? I'm pretty excited for this pop!
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Strending625 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:lol lol I spent way too much on Pro day.

40% off!! Such a good deal on so many things! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Same! :toothy8: Spent a lot!! $$$$

KOMZY REN

Postby KOMZY REN » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:29 am

kevin87 wrote:
opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

the eyebrows on all 3 i ordered are off centered. its low key driving me nuts

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am

https://m.booksamillion.com/p/BAM-Exclu ... 5408781842

Seamus was available online this morning

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Finally got my HP box today... I wanted the normal and not the Chase, so I kept thinking this will be the one time I get a Chase... and I was correct. I guess I'll have to buy a 2nd box in store.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:Is anyone else hoping that the new Professor Quirrell pop will have Voldemort stuck on the back of his head? I'm pretty excited for this pop!

With seeing the okoye with wig pop it would be cool if the turban comes off and vold is there

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 pm

opopssum wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:Is anyone else hoping that the new Professor Quirrell pop will have Voldemort stuck on the back of his head? I'm pretty excited for this pop!

With seeing the okoye with wig pop it would be cool if the turban comes off and vold is there

This would be amazing! I would need 2 of him. One to face forward with the turban and one backwards with Voldy facing out.
Brandon

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Strending625 wrote:
opopssum wrote:

This would be amazing! I would need 2 of him. One to face forward with the turban and one backwards with Voldy facing out.

The rumor is that it'll be shared with FYE, and if it is, you'll be lucky to even just get one... My only hope is to find one second hand because FYE is 46 miles away and they suck selling their Con exclusives online.

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 pm

kevin87 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:
opopssum wrote:

The rumor is that it'll be shared with FYE, and if it is, you'll be lucky to even just get one... My only hope is to find one second hand because FYE is 46 miles away and they suck selling their Con exclusives online.

THis is great news if it is shared with FYE....
Image ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:21 pm

kevin87 wrote:Finally got my HP box today... I wanted the normal and not the Chase, so I kept thinking this will be the one time I get a Chase... and I was correct. I guess I'll have to buy a 2nd box in store.

I'm sure you can find someone to trade you!! ;-) ;-)
Image ImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 pm

So happy ordered 2 boxes and got the chase and both minis

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 am

kevin87 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:
opopssum wrote:

During SDCC FYE got in a pretty good amount of each of the exclusives at my store (one of two FYEs in AZ) much to the dismay of the guys at the front of the line who thought they were going to have a Stinkor payday, I plan to go for him so if you need id be happy to grab two if possible.

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am

opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:This would be amazing! I would need 2 of him. One to face forward with the turban and one backwards with Voldy facing out.

During SDCC FYE got in a pretty good amount of each of the exclusives at my store (one of two FYEs in AZ) much to the dismay of the guys at the front of the line who thought they were going to have a Stinkor payday, I plan to go for him so if you need id be happy to grab two if possible.

I’ll be in Florida visiting my parents during NYCC so I might be able to stop by a FYE near them and pick one up early but if not I would really appreciate the help! Thank you so much! :)
Brandon

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am

kevin87 wrote:Finally got my HP box today... I wanted the normal and not the Chase, so I kept thinking this will be the one time I get a Chase... and I was correct. I guess I'll have to buy a 2nd box in store.

I'd definitely trade with you. I wanted one of each but got two commons.
Funko Collector since 2013!
IG: mz_tredecim
Pop: 510+
Dorbz: 5
Minis/PSHs: 270+
Collections: TWD / GITD / GOT / Fantastic Beasts / Stranger Things / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:37 am

Still waiting on my ship notification for cat McG from BAM. Should be getting my GameStop mystery box today. After catching the movies in theatres again the past few weeks, I'm reminded of how many cool pops we still haven't gotten. Glad to see Funko is churning them out, though!
:dkjoker1:

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:42 am

MzTredecim wrote:

I'd definitely trade with you. I wanted one of each but got two commons.

Two of my orders should arrive today. Hoping for 1 of each otherwise I'll have to hunt in store. Have these been hard to find at physical GameStops?
Jerry

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am

tigsabud1 wrote:Still waiting on my ship notification for cat McG from BAM. Should be getting my GameStop mystery box today. After catching the movies in theatres again the past few weeks, I'm reminded of how many cool pops we still haven't gotten. Glad to see Funko is churning them out, though!

I like the pace at which the Harry Potter pops have come out. I think the Fantastic Beasts line will outnumber it by the time the third movie comes out.
Jerry

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
tigsabud1 wrote:Still waiting on my ship notification for cat McG from BAM. Should be getting my GameStop mystery box today. After catching the movies in theatres again the past few weeks, I'm reminded of how many cool pops we still haven't gotten. Glad to see Funko is churning them out, though!

I like the pace at which the Harry Potter pops have come out. I think the Fantastic Beasts line will outnumber it by the time the third movie comes out.

Def need them to slow down lol
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Strending625 wrote:
opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:The rumor is that it'll be shared with FYE, and if it is, you'll be lucky to even just get one... My only hope is to find one second hand because FYE is 46 miles away and they suck selling their Con exclusives online.

I’ll be in Florida visiting my parents during NYCC so I might be able to stop by a FYE near them and pick one up early but if not I would really appreciate the help! Thank you so much! :)

I’ll be there with a friend so I will happily pick up as many extras as I can :D I know fye can be a B it’s the one store I never mind helping with.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:40 pm

opopssum wrote:
kevin87 wrote:
Strending625 wrote:This would be amazing! I would need 2 of him. One to face forward with the turban and one backwards with Voldy facing out.

If you could that'd be great. They always seem to go up online when I'm driving to Barnes & Noble lol I used to have an FYE (actually Coconuts but same thing) in the same shopping center as B&N but it closed early 2016 so that just makes it more of a kick in the head to me. It's like oh cool, so you're giving it to FYE? TOO BAD FYE LEFT ME! lol

I'm on the fence about my Chase Sirius, I wasn't really wanting it but it's my first Chase by chance, not one I specifically bought outright so I'm debating if I want to keep it or not. Still hoping I can find a normal one for cheapish shipped. A lot of what I've seen has been $25+ or you have to buy the whole box, but I don't even want the other stuff in the box I got :razz:
Last edited by kevin87 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:47 pm

My GameStop box arrived today- got exactly what I wanted- non-chase Sirius and the Trelawny MM. \:D/

Can't wait for Cat McG, Seamus, and a certain p-p-poor, st-st-stuttering Professor.
:dkjoker1:

ggoncalves

Postby ggoncalves » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm

I have the 2nd chase if you're still looking for it?
ISO of Disney Princesses Meeko & Pascal and Disney Villains voodoo doll

Return to “Pop!”