Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 4/16/18

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
sdcccrasher
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: So. Cal

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 am

Funko_Don wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:
Still doesn't help those who don't live near the parks since we can't order through them yet

Believe me I know. AZ isn't exactly in the neighborhood of the parks. lol


We're practically neighbors, Duck! I'm in Goodyear


I hear some of the Haunted House Disney Pops have been seen hanging out at the abandoned Horse Race Track Park in Goodyear. Is there any truth to the rumor? :^o
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Litchfield Park AZ
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
Funko_Don wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Believe me I know. AZ isn't exactly in the neighborhood of the parks. lol


We're practically neighbors, Duck! I'm in Goodyear


I hear some of the Haunted House Disney Pops have been seen hanging out at the abandoned Horse Race Track Park in Goodyear. Is there any truth to the rumor? :^o

I wish! I live not too far from there.
Image
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!! IG: @teasippingrapcritic
ISO: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, NEW BIGGIE PROTOS, COSMO PROTO, SPIDER-HAM PROTO

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 am

I'm itching to see some of the glams for a few upcoming Disney Pops! It takes a lot of patience once you know there are new things coming lol
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan.
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Funko_Don
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby Funko_Don » Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
Funko_Don wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Believe me I know. AZ isn't exactly in the neighborhood of the parks. lol


We're practically neighbors, Duck! I'm in Goodyear


I hear some of the Haunted House Disney Pops have been seen hanging out at the abandoned Horse Race Track Park in Goodyear. Is there any truth to the rumor? :^o


I can practically see it from my house.....hmmmm....
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:46 pm

well, took a few weeks since the gamestop preorder started but e now finally have glams and confirmation of the new Lion King pops:

Rafiki w/ Simba (301), and Simba w/ Leaf Mane (302)
Image
Image
My Pop collection:
Disney: 259
Marvel: 74
Star Wars: 65
Harry Potter: 39
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 10
Misc.: 14
Mystery Minis: 11
Rock-Candy:11
Dorbz: 10
Plush: 9
Hikari: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
solarialunar21
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby solarialunar21 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:53 pm

I already exclaimed over my love for these in the post about them but I can't help myself from exclaiming even more! Maybe we'll get a Nala or Mufasa this year at SDCC since they're releasing these!!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

User avatar
sdcccrasher
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: So. Cal

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:27 pm

wraithkelso wrote:well, took a few weeks since the gamestop preorder started but e now finally have glams and confirmation of the new Lion King pops:

Rafiki w/ Simba (301), and Simba w/ Leaf Mane (302)
Image
Image


Rafiki w/ Simba is adorable! :cheers:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

User avatar
rowanofthestrata
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 pm
Location: L.A. Metro
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby rowanofthestrata » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Hopefully some flocked versions will come out eventually as well!

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5302
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Image
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th ann. Pop!s especially mermaid Ariel, Wedding Prince Eric, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and Shock protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
danioh77
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby danioh77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:55 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:well, took a few weeks since the gamestop preorder started but e now finally have glams and confirmation of the new Lion King pops:

Rafiki w/ Simba (301), and Simba w/ Leaf Mane (302)
Image
Image


Rafiki w/ Simba is adorable! :cheers:


i love Simba with leaves but little bit dissappointed with Safiki pose. if he's holding simba like the movie, that'd be perfect!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

User avatar
danioh77
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby danioh77 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Image

i wonder do they have flocked sticker now?
Last edited by danioh77 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 9642
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Image


Such a cute kitty! Love the new Funko POP flocking too! \:D/
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby wraithkelso » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 pm

just gotta say it, I'm gonna be very disappointed if we don't at LEAST also get Marie's brothers to go with her
My Pop collection:
Disney: 259
Marvel: 74
Star Wars: 65
Harry Potter: 39
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 10
Misc.: 14
Mystery Minis: 11
Rock-Candy:11
Dorbz: 10
Plush: 9
Hikari: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
CaselxASD
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby CaselxASD » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Such a cute kitty! Love the new Funko POP flocking too! \:D/


I definitely agree! I used to really not like the earlier flocked pieces, but the way they are done now is a lot better in my opinion.
Hai! I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those PPBs.
Into that Disney. | Instagram? CaselxASD.
Image

User avatar
sdcccrasher
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: So. Cal

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 5/22/17

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:07 am

danioh77 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:well, took a few weeks since the gamestop preorder started but e now finally have glams and confirmation of the new Lion King pops:

Rafiki w/ Simba (301), and Simba w/ Leaf Mane (302)
ImageRighto
Image


Rafiki w/ Simba is adorable! :cheers:


i love Simba with leaves but little bit dissappointed with Safiki pose. if he's holding simba like the movie, that'd be perfect!!!


Right on Oh'C ... I think that would be better!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:33 am

wraithkelso wrote:just gotta say it, I'm gonna be very disappointed if we don't at LEAST also get Marie's brothers to go with her


Me too. She should have her brothers with her.

And she does look super cute!
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan.
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
danioh77
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby danioh77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:21 am

Flying Tink!
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 am

The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan.
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
Capt Hook
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby Capt Hook » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I think I'm going to cancel my sub for this. This will be 2 in a row now that I don't want. Why couldn't it be her sister or like Silvermist, Fawn I would have like to have them other then Tink. I'm not really a Tink fan that much.
Image

allcutethings2
Posts: 1462
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm
Location: Lost in a book
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:19 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image


She looks awesome!!! I guess this means I need to pick up Peter sooner versus later. Will be a great looking pair!


Pops: 431
Dorbz: 120
Mystery Minis: 379
PSH: 129
Rock Candy: 8
Hikari: 19


Instagram: @allcutethings2

Want list! Always willing to trade!
https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 1LN4C5FC4/

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:47 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image


This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room
My Pop collection:
Disney: 259
Marvel: 74
Star Wars: 65
Harry Potter: 39
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 10
Misc.: 14
Mystery Minis: 11
Rock-Candy:11
Dorbz: 10
Plush: 9
Hikari: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
danioh77
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby danioh77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:51 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image

perhaps her wings and wand glow in the dark as well!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

User avatar
lunarembrace
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:53 pm

[quote="wraithkelso"][quote="JohnnyPOP"]The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

[img]http://104.imagebam.com/download/BTUO7WQnQ1fnHK_19mO72A/55145/551445550/hero-image.png[/img][/quote]

This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room[/quote]

I wanna see spoilers! I tried to Google but didn't come up with much.

I'm hoping that this Tinkerbell is supposed to be the 'parks' exclusive, like she's flying over the castle during fireworks. I do really like the base, though, and this is a much better version than the original. Hoping for something super awesome to go with her, though.
Melissa
Image
Instagram: dorkydisneygirl

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5302
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 pm

wraithkelso wrote:This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room


I agree. There have been too many repeat characters so far. Plus two of the first three boxes feature characters from Peter Pan. I'd like to see other films get some love. I wouldn't mind as much if they were variants of characters that were significantly different like Briar Rose or dragon Maleficent Pop!s. I really was hoping to get some characters that we otherwise wouldn't if this sub box didn't exist. The first three themes aren't doing it for me, but when the themes were first announced I figured I would be most interested in the three that will make up the second half of the year, so hopefully those will be ones I want.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th ann. Pop!s especially mermaid Ariel, Wedding Prince Eric, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and Shock protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:58 pm

lunarembrace wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image


This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room


I wanna see spoilers! I tried to Google but didn't come up with much.

I'm hoping that this Tinkerbell is supposed to be the 'parks' exclusive, like she's flying over the castle during fireworks. I do really like the base, though, and this is a much better version than the original. Hoping for something super awesome to go with her, though.


IMHO this would be a weak theme park IP item. The box is about all small characters which is a perfect time to do Small World and/or Tiki Room. When I think of Disney Parks IP, I think of character that were created originally for the parks, not for a movie, Or characters from a movie that will never see the light of day again but live on in a beloved attraction (Splash Mountain)
My Pop collection:
Disney: 259
Marvel: 74
Star Wars: 65
Harry Potter: 39
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 10
Misc.: 14
Mystery Minis: 11
Rock-Candy:11
Dorbz: 10
Plush: 9
Hikari: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
wraithkelso
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am
Location: Everett, Wa
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room


I agree. There have been too many repeat characters so far. Plus two of the first three boxes feature characters from Peter Pan. I'd like to see other films get some love. I wouldn't mind as much if they were variants of characters that were significantly different like Briar Rose or dragon Maleficent Pop!s. I really was hoping to get some characters that we otherwise wouldn't if this sub box didn't exist. The first three themes aren't doing it for me, but when the themes were first announced I figured I would be most interested in the three that will make up the second half of the year, so hopefully those will be ones I want.


I mean, I don't think we ever would have gotten a Mr Smee, and as a huge Pirates fan (as evidence by my avatar) I loved that box. But what really got me to sign up was the promise of theme park IP in ever box, and they did a great job of that in the Pirates box, but from what I have seen in the spoilers for the second box I see nothing that is theme park IP, and for Tiny Town, they gave themselves the perfect opportunity to give a good handful of attractions some love.
My Pop collection:
Disney: 259
Marvel: 74
Star Wars: 65
Harry Potter: 39
DC: 26
Muppets/Henson: 16
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 10
Misc.: 14
Mystery Minis: 11
Rock-Candy:11
Dorbz: 10
Plush: 9
Hikari: 7
Vixens: 3
Wobblers: Darth Vader

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
deejaylunchbox
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: Sunny SFV, Cali
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby deejaylunchbox » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm waiting on the one that'll have the Materhorn Yeti in it.
IG - djlunchbox
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage Image

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5302
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:35 pm

wraithkelso wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:
wraithkelso wrote:This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room


I agree. There have been too many repeat characters so far. Plus two of the first three boxes feature characters from Peter Pan. I'd like to see other films get some love. I wouldn't mind as much if they were variants of characters that were significantly different like Briar Rose or dragon Maleficent Pop!s. I really was hoping to get some characters that we otherwise wouldn't if this sub box didn't exist. The first three themes aren't doing it for me, but when the themes were first announced I figured I would be most interested in the three that will make up the second half of the year, so hopefully those will be ones I want.


I mean, I don't think we ever would have gotten a Mr Smee, and as a huge Pirates fan (as evidence by my avatar) I loved that box. But what really got me to sign up was the promise of theme park IP in ever box, and they did a great job of that in the Pirates box, but from what I have seen in the spoilers for the second box I see nothing that is theme park IP, and for Tiny Town, they gave themselves the perfect opportunity to give a good handful of attractions some love.


Yes that's true about Smee. I was more so referring to him and Tink being from the same movie. I personally have no interest in him, but I know some were happy to get him. I'm still just surprised he was chosen for the first box especially when compared with the other sub boxes.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th ann. Pop!s especially mermaid Ariel, Wedding Prince Eric, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and Shock protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
deejaylunchbox
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: Sunny SFV, Cali
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby deejaylunchbox » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Ugh just seen the spoilers for the Festival of Friends box and man do i regret not getting it.
IG - djlunchbox
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage Image

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm

wraithkelso wrote:This is not what I was expecting from the Disney box, there are literally hundreds of characters at their disposal, why just make new molds of old characters? Especially ones that aren't even vaulted yet? I don't need or want 2 tinkerbells in my collection, nor 2 Dumbos. I saw a image that was spoilery of the other box 2 contents so I'm excited for that, though still can't figure out what the theme park reference is for the box. I was really hoping that Tiny Ton would be all about Its a Small World and/or The Tiki Room


I was kind of surprised they used her here, too. Dumbo should've been a one off. As much as I love this Pop and will have to try and track her down to go with Peter, I think she should've been another store exclusive. I've never been to the parks so I can't really speak on what would deserve to be in the box in those regards, but I really would've liked them to include characters we haven't seen before from the attractions and smaller movies. Like someone said above, any of the other fairies might have been a better choice, or a parks character.
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan.
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
JohnnyPOP
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:06 pm

deejaylunchbox wrote:Ugh just seen the spoilers for the Festival of Friends box and man do i regret not getting it.


Well crap lol I just looked and I want the Pop and Mini.
Image
Y'all can call me Jonathan.
Your friendly neighborhood bookseller.

User avatar
HappinessGuano
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby HappinessGuano » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm actually alright with Tiny Town since, because I'm not much of a Tinkerbell fan, I never picked up her previous release. It'll be nice to have one that matches the new Peter.
I'm Kristin, level 11 Rogue
Image

ch_aeiro
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby ch_aeiro » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Pretty happy about the second pop in the box! For some reason I thought there was a previous version of him, but I guess not!
Hi, I'm Kristi!

User avatar
Mysta_Rabbit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:28 pm

My gf signed up for the Pioneer from Treasures. She was not happy w/ me for spoiling (confirming) Dumbo and Timothy; but it looks like they will be spoiling at least 1 item for us all way ahead of time. I'm going to month to month w/ the MCC bc I actually prefer to know what's coming before I commit. But I appreciate that she wants to be surprised with this sub. It's very hard to stay away from social media nowadays.

That all being said, I'm excited, and excited for her with this box! I have 2 months to attempt to get her to hate Tink a little less though. lol

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Litchfield Park AZ
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Just saw the spoilers. Both pops are amazing!!!
Image
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!! IG: @teasippingrapcritic
ISO: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, NEW BIGGIE PROTOS, COSMO PROTO, SPIDER-HAM PROTO

User avatar
Capt Hook
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby Capt Hook » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Just saw the bonus POP! and I am glad I skip this box. Don't really care about that one. So far Dumbo's & Tink's are a let down. I just hope the others don't disapoint me or I may have to cancel this. Now after Tink is it the one with the Bats flying around or the Winter one. I am confuse of the map that I got when I got Smee. I wonder if the Winter one will be something to do with Elsa I hope it does.
Image

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5302
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Capt Hook wrote:Just saw the bonus POP! and I am glad I skip this box. Don't really care about that one. So far Dumbo's & Tink's are a let down. I just hope the others don't disapoint me or I may have to cancel this. Now after Tink is it the one with the Bats flying around or the Winter one. I am confuse of the map that I got when I got Smee. I wonder if the Winter one will be something to do with Elsa I hope it does.


Based on the names, the order should be Haunted Forest, Snowflake Mountain, and Ever After Castle.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th ann. Pop!s especially mermaid Ariel, Wedding Prince Eric, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and Shock protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby bakivali » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 pm

That little Simba with Rafiki is so adorable!

User avatar
Capt Hook
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/2/17

Postby Capt Hook » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:26 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
Capt Hook wrote:Just saw the bonus POP! and I am glad I skip this box. Don't really care about that one. So far Dumbo's & Tink's are a let down. I just hope the others don't disapoint me or I may have to cancel this. Now after Tink is it the one with the Bats flying around or the Winter one. I am confuse of the map that I got when I got Smee. I wonder if the Winter one will be something to do with Elsa I hope it does.


Based on the names, the order should be Haunted Forest, Snowflake Mountain, and Ever After Castle.


On the Haunted Forest where did you get the name at. Mine map don't show the name for that one only the other 2.
Image

User avatar
chaostryder
Posts: 1120
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:17 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Official Disney UPDATES - Updated 6/1/17

Postby chaostryder » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:31 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:The new Disney Sub Box theme is "Tiny Town" and there's a flying Tink Pop inside! She matches Peter and I hope she's a little smaller than he is.

Image


That's really fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing what the other surprise will be :)
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!


Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GusGus