More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
He-Mann
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby He-Mann » Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 am

squidward wrote:Will there be any new MOTU Revelation inspired Pops?
I'm looking forward to the July 23 release date for the show.


I hope so! Looking forward to watching this series.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
katersatz
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby katersatz » Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 am

He-Mann wrote:
squidward wrote:Will there be any new MOTU Revelation inspired Pops?
I'm looking forward to the July 23 release date for the show.


I hope so! Looking forward to watching this series.


It's going to be really fun to watch a new MOTU series. Of course, the danger is I'm going to fall in love and need to buy even more things...the cycle...the curse...the endless joy... :-({|= ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

User avatar
Nemesis989
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Nemesis989 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:41 am

I'm going to need to go re-visit the original series to prep for this one
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

wolfy233
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby wolfy233 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm

katersatz wrote:
He-Mann wrote:
squidward wrote:Will there be any new MOTU Revelation inspired Pops?
I'm looking forward to the July 23 release date for the show.


I hope so! Looking forward to watching this series.


It's going to be really fun to watch a new MOTU series. Of course, the danger is I'm going to fall in love and need to buy even more things...the cycle...the curse...the endless joy... :-({|= ;-)


The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Sat May 15, 2021 5:58 pm

wolfy233 wrote:The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.


this, from what the supposed leaks said over a year ago this may just end up being that horrible She-Ra show but with better art.

User avatar
Trendkill24hr
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun May 16, 2021 2:23 am

Mr Yac wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.


this, from what the supposed leaks said over a year ago this may just end up being that horrible She-Ra show but with better art.


I’m hoping it’s not, the trailer looks pretty good. I’ll be checking it out for sure
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Collection: 1902 pieces as of 05/03/21
ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Jim Henson (w/Kermit)

Ginzo1622
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:31 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:40 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.


this, from what the supposed leaks said over a year ago this may just end up being that horrible She-Ra show but with better art.


I’m hoping it’s not, the trailer looks pretty good. I’ll be checking it out for sure


Yeah the trailer is really good
Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

User avatar
katersatz
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby katersatz » Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 am

Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

User avatar
scullysdad
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby scullysdad » Sun May 16, 2021 4:27 pm

katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<


She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.
Pops I want Funko to make:

Demon Slayer, Letterkenny, Taylor Swift, and more Gravity Falls

User avatar
squidward
Posts: 1964
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Re: More MOTU?

Postby squidward » Sun May 16, 2021 7:14 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
katersatz wrote:
He-Mann wrote:
I hope so! Looking forward to watching this series.


It's going to be really fun to watch a new MOTU series. Of course, the danger is I'm going to fall in love and need to buy even more things...the cycle...the curse...the endless joy... :-({|= ;-)


The art direction looks fantastic. Hearing iffy things about the storyline. Hoping it's great. Been a loooooong time since we got a He-man series.

I agree. I really like what I have seen from the art style. I wonder how that will translate to a Funko Pop design, but hoping we get to see. :-)
Wish List: My Hero Academia Protos of All Might, Deku, or Bakugo SDCC.

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Mon May 17, 2021 2:31 am

scullysdad wrote:
katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<


She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

Ginzo1622
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:31 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<


She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol


I have no clue too. But definitely need She-Ra too
Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

User avatar
scullysdad
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby scullysdad » Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<


She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol


I was thinking of the new show, but the retro toys line would be perfect for some classic She-Ra too now that you mention it.
Pops I want Funko to make:

Demon Slayer, Letterkenny, Taylor Swift, and more Gravity Falls

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 pm

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol


I was thinking of the new show, but the retro toys line would be perfect for some classic She-Ra too now that you mention it.


Is it the same characters on the new show? Or do they have different ones?
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol


I was thinking of the new show, but the retro toys line would be perfect for some classic She-Ra too now that you mention it.

Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.


let's get a few more of the classic ones before we start worrying about random new ones.

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Speaking of the new show. Would be cool if Funko did pops from the new cartoon.


let's get a few more of the classic ones before we start worrying about random new ones.

Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.


how Funko can pull off a 2-Bad is something i need to know before i die!

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 1:01 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:Yeah. Have some more Classic ones before we get to new versions.


how Funko can pull off a 2-Bad is something i need to know before i die!

I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 1:13 am

masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.


Him (them?)
Image

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue May 18, 2021 1:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.


Him (them?)
Image

Cool. Would be a cool pop for sure if Funko made 2-bad.

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Tue May 18, 2021 1:21 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.


Him (them?)
Image


Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 1:35 am

digithor wrote:Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.


i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Wed May 19, 2021 12:05 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.


i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.


Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
methodsmadness
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: More MOTU?

Postby methodsmadness » Wed May 19, 2021 2:21 am

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:Yeah ok, now I want to see them do that one. I can find another spot in the MOTU section.


i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.


Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.


maybe a sideways box like The Child or Wounded Ian Malcolm?
But this would be fantastic for sure ;-)
Keep the MOTU line coming (*cough* ZODAC *cough*)! :cherry:
I'm trying to collect all the "I'm a Fan Of" buttons...HELP!
[I need Iron Man, Black Panther, Bigfoot, Harry, Crusader, and Crusaderette]!!
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
rexflexall
Posts: 7290
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 19, 2021 11:44 am

Bring it on Funko I'm ready!

User avatar
bizzydesigner
Posts: 1557
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:51 am
Location: IL 'burbs
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed May 19, 2021 11:47 am

What if they decide to do a whole MOTU line from the new Origins line lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Thu May 20, 2021 12:04 am

methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
i think he'd be awesome sure, but i want to see him for no other reason then i want to know how they'd get it to work.


Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.


maybe a sideways box like The Child or Wounded Ian Malcolm?
But this would be fantastic for sure ;-)


Might look a little squished with a side box, perhaps if they made that box but just a bit taller.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
methodsmadness
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: More MOTU?

Postby methodsmadness » Thu May 20, 2021 12:43 pm

digithor wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:
Certainly a heavy pop with a high center of gravity, probably need a larger base than normal oh and a bigger box.


maybe a sideways box like The Child or Wounded Ian Malcolm?
But this would be fantastic for sure ;-)


Might look a little squished with a side box, perhaps if they made that box but just a bit taller.


True.

I also just remembered they did a 2 headed Pop from How to Train Your Dragon...so there is Two Bad hope!

BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<
Keep the MOTU line coming (*cough* ZODAC *cough*)! :cherry:
I'm trying to collect all the "I'm a Fan Of" buttons...HELP!
[I need Iron Man, Black Panther, Bigfoot, Harry, Crusader, and Crusaderette]!!
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 20, 2021 3:52 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<


Unfortunately there was a new corporate mandate that the line has to be released alphabetically , so Zodac will have to be last.

wolfy233
Posts: 1881
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:46 pm

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
katersatz wrote:Hoping for the best with the new show but not too worried about it.

Though I absolutely loved the Netflix She-Ra series..weeping like a fool by the end. Speaking of, would LOVE some Pops from that... [-o<


She-Ra is another show I am shocked never got Pops. Maybe since She-Ra herself got one they decided the supporting cast wouldn’t sell.


I think most of us that really enjoy this line would be happy to add She-Ra pops from other characters. Wait are we talking about the new show though? Cause I have no clue about that one. lol


I can kinda make a case why they didn't make She-Ra pops, but they gotta make these just based on the new art alone. Let's goooooo.

User avatar
methodsmadness
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: More MOTU?

Postby methodsmadness » Thu May 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<


Unfortunately there was a new corporate mandate that the line has to be released alphabetically , so Zodac will have to be last.


lol lol [-X
Keep the MOTU line coming (*cough* ZODAC *cough*)! :cherry:
I'm trying to collect all the "I'm a Fan Of" buttons...HELP!
[I need Iron Man, Black Panther, Bigfoot, Harry, Crusader, and Crusaderette]!!
Image Image Image Image

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

methodsmadness wrote:
digithor wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
maybe a sideways box like The Child or Wounded Ian Malcolm?
But this would be fantastic for sure ;-)


Might look a little squished with a side box, perhaps if they made that box but just a bit taller.


True.

I also just remembered they did a 2 headed Pop from How to Train Your Dragon...so there is Two Bad hope!

BUT ZODAC FIRST! [-o<


I had to look that up one up from How to Train your dragon, didn't even know about that one. That would work fairly easily then after seeing that one.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
ocwankenobi
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: Ohio->Boston->Chicago->OC

Re: More MOTU?

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 am

Mr Yac wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder what's a 2-bad? I'm curious.


Him (them?)
Image


I spent way too much time growing up trying and enjoying this snap action punching arms punching himselves in the face.
Image
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

User avatar
Mr Yac
Posts: 5375
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Mr Yac » Fri May 21, 2021 1:49 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
I spent way too much time growing up trying and enjoying this snap action punching arms punching himselves in the face.


poor guy suffered from a lot of self hate lol

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 10134
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby mongoose12 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

absolutely love the two-bad idea! =D>
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: More MOTU?

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 am

Would be cool to see a pop town of Castle Grayskull.

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 3472
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Re: More MOTU?

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat May 22, 2021 12:03 am

Since we saw Skeletor w/ Snake Mountain and presumably He-Man or the Sorcress (Green Goddess maybe?) w/ Castle Greyskull is gonna be next. Maybe then we can get an updated Hordak with the Fright Zone? It's insane that the only Hordak we have is the original Filmation-colored one from the first releases. Maybe make this one inspired by the Toy's color scheme with the grey. Or make it hurricane Hordak, or someone make it Buzz saw Hordak. Anything to get a new Hordak!!!!!
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor
Posts: 7742
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: More MOTU?

Postby digithor » Sat May 22, 2021 2:36 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Since we saw Skeletor w/ Snake Mountain and presumably He-Man or the Sorcress (Green Goddess maybe?) w/ Castle Greyskull is gonna be next. Maybe then we can get an updated Hordak with the Fright Zone? It's insane that the only Hordak we have is the original Filmation-colored one from the first releases. Maybe make this one inspired by the Toy's color scheme with the grey. Or make it hurricane Hordak, or someone make it Buzz saw Hordak. Anything to get a new Hordak!!!!!


I could see greyskull being done also, and the updated hordak mmmm yes.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

User avatar
methodsmadness
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: More MOTU?

Postby methodsmadness » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:57 pm

Not sure how many of you all are playing Funko Blitz, but it looks like MOTU is coming soon!
Keep the MOTU line coming (*cough* ZODAC *cough*)! :cherry:
I'm trying to collect all the "I'm a Fan Of" buttons...HELP!
[I need Iron Man, Black Panther, Bigfoot, Harry, Crusader, and Crusaderette]!!
Image Image Image Image


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lavery01