SDCC 2018 Funko Pop Wish List!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mizsdiana

Re: SDCC 2018 Funko Pop Wish List!

Postby mizsdiana » Wed May 16, 2018 11:52 am

conventiongeek wrote:
anime23 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
Not sure people understand. An online lottery would not be good. You get to enter for a 1 in 130;000 chance to win... if you win a Sunday afternoon 230 slot... you have a choice of 4 items...

Those that want to do something else should, the Funko line there is not holding you up. You can choose to do whatever you want. I'd rather not gamble on an online lottery... I would prefer to take my chances there in person and choose to spend my time attempting to do so.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be good. I think for ECCC you could choose which days to enter so you wouldn't have to enter for Sunday if you didn't want to. If they make it so you have to have a verified badge I don't see how it would be much different than lining up all night, except with the people cutting in. If it was first come first serve I would get it but its a lottery on site as well.

My point is, I entered for all 4 days at ECCC and did not win any. I entered all 4 days at NYCC and got an afternoon slot and there was nothing left that I wanted to buy. I only won 1 day, so it's not like I could try any other day to get the exclusives that I really wanted. Then I have to spend half the day begging other people in line to buy something for you. It sucks. It would be worse at SDCC.

The absolute on benefit of a lottery is knowing if you are a winner or loser before the convention starts.

As a funatic, a convention exclusive collector, what do you do at a convention if you lose all the lotteries?

When I went to ECCC, my group of friends and I all went for the lottery. Two of my friends got a Saturday morning slot and me and my remaining friend got the Saturday afternoon slot. What the Funko booth at ECCC did was that for every time slot they did, they restocked. I have heard that other conventions were bad. My friend got a ticket for SDCC last year for 2PM slot and like you said, did not get much of the exclusives.

I think what else matters is how far back you are for each timeslot. For example, in ECCC, we got there first 10 in line for the morning slot and my friends were able to get all the exclusives. NOW....heres the thing...there was a "waiting line" for the afternoon slot. We only BY CHANCE found out when we stepped off to the side to rearrange the pops my friends had just picked up. We happened to be I would say first 30 or so in line for the PM slot. We pretty much waited from 10:30AM-2PM before they let us into the booth. And even then, we almost didn't get the exclusive pops. The exclusive was the chrome batman. I met someone who was about halfway through the line and got the last chrome batman pop. I would assume that funko restocks for all their time slots but it will still depend on how far back the line you are.

Let's just say it does not matter which method they go with, there will still be havoc in the funko lines and you will still have to wait forever if you are not in the morning time slot due to unspoken lines formed for later time slots. I do think an online lottery will at least alleviate the need to wait overnight on the sidewalk for a "chance" to get in the booth. I havent tried it since it was my first time at SDCC last year but I think it would be REALLY disappointing to wait every night on the sidewalk only to get rejected in the morning.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 pm

mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
anime23 wrote:
I don't understand why it wouldn't be good. I think for ECCC you could choose which days to enter so you wouldn't have to enter for Sunday if you didn't want to. If they make it so you have to have a verified badge I don't see how it would be much different than lining up all night, except with the people cutting in. If it was first come first serve I would get it but its a lottery on site as well.

My point is, I entered for all 4 days at ECCC and did not win any. I entered all 4 days at NYCC and got an afternoon slot and there was nothing left that I wanted to buy. I only won 1 day, so it's not like I could try any other day to get the exclusives that I really wanted. Then I have to spend half the day begging other people in line to buy something for you. It sucks. It would be worse at SDCC.

The absolute on benefit of a lottery is knowing if you are a winner or loser before the convention starts.

As a funatic, a convention exclusive collector, what do you do at a convention if you lose all the lotteries?

When I went to ECCC, my group of friends and I all went for the lottery. Two of my friends got a Saturday morning slot and me and my remaining friend got the Saturday afternoon slot. What the Funko booth at ECCC did was that for every time slot they did, they restocked. I have heard that other conventions were bad. My friend got a ticket for SDCC last year for 2PM slot and like you said, did not get much of the exclusives.

I think what else matters is how far back you are for each timeslot. For example, in ECCC, we got there first 10 in line for the morning slot and my friends were able to get all the exclusives. NOW....heres the thing...there was a "waiting line" for the afternoon slot. We only BY CHANCE found out when we stepped off to the side to rearrange the pops my friends had just picked up. We happened to be I would say first 30 or so in line for the PM slot. We pretty much waited from 10:30AM-2PM before they let us into the booth. And even then, we almost didn't get the exclusive pops. The exclusive was the chrome batman. I met someone who was about halfway through the line and got the last chrome batman pop. I would assume that funko restocks for all their time slots but it will still depend on how far back the line you are.

Let's just say it does not matter which method they go with, there will still be havoc in the funko lines and you will still have to wait forever if you are not in the morning time slot due to unspoken lines formed for later time slots. I do think an online lottery will at least alleviate the need to wait overnight on the sidewalk for a "chance" to get in the booth. I havent tried it since it was my first time at SDCC last year but I think it would be REALLY disappointing to wait every night on the sidewalk only to get rejected in the morning.

That is what I was thinking. But I wonder if his point was because if you get into the lotto at SDCC where you have to wait in line each night that they let you come back the next day regardless. If they do an online lotto and you get the one shot and that's it even if everything is sold out then I can see why the ipad would be more inviting. Still, it's waiting all night for a chance. Looks like you got lucky stumbling on that unoffical line. SDCC is full of them lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly Founder of The Nerd Element we be at @thenerdelement

Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed May 16, 2018 1:34 pm

let the dices roll for sdcc then
Image ImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

I'd like to see more animaniacs. We got the warner kids and pinky and the brain, but i'd like to see Slappy, Mindy w/ Buttons.

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 pm

anime23 wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

That is what I was thinking. But I wonder if his point was because if you get into the lotto at SDCC where you have to wait in line each night that they let you come back the next day regardless. If they do an online lotto and you get the one shot and that's it even if everything is sold out then I can see why the ipad would be more inviting. Still, it's waiting all night for a chance. Looks like you got lucky stumbling on that unoffical line. SDCC is full of them lol

There is no pleasing everyone. And when there are so many fandoms in one place, people are bound to be disappointed. Lotto seems like it could at least shortcut the disappointment so that you don't have to camp out every night only to wake up with a sore back and no exclusive pop. I don't know how to solve it, but I do think that as SDCC grows, and as technology matures, that lotteries are in everyone's future for better or worse.
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Loki437 wrote:
There is no pleasing everyone. And when there are so many fandoms in one place, people are bound to be disappointed. Lotto seems like it could at least shortcut the disappointment so that you don't have to camp out every night only to wake up with a sore back and no exclusive pop. I don't know how to solve it, but I do think that as SDCC grows, and as technology matures, that lotteries are in everyone's future for better or worse.

Couldn't have said it any better.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 1:49 pm

anime23 wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

Yes, my point.
1. there will be a lot of losers if there was a SDCC lottery. No entires at all.
2. If you are lucky enough to win, you only get 1 day and 1 time. And history shows they have not restocked at SDCC.
3. Lets' say they restock, there will still be many items that sell out faster. And lets be honest, you are still going to have to line up at some point to be as early as possible for your time slot.
4. If there is a general line after, then those people will be waiting all day to see about getting in and will "miss all the con has to offer". At least now, you line up early on the side walk, get in and know if you have a ticket to the booth or not and when. People act as if they are wasting the entire day try to get a ticket, when tickets are all given out before the convention even opens.

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Loki437 wrote:

Agreed. I don't know if SDCC has a great plan or process yet for lotteries - but I think it's inevitable that more and more cons are going to switch over to that.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better.

Lotteries may lessen the blow, but if you are not in line overnight for Funko, then you are likely going to be in line for something else. Even still, if you don't want to wait on the sidewalk, then you don't have to. You can just pretend that you lost the lottery and sleep in each day. :-"

Agreed however, you can not please everyone all the time. There will always be arguments to each side and there will always be someone upset over the results.

What they should do is have a "Funko" only line outside the convention center. This line will be monitored closely. There would be updates every hour on the hour to check people in the groups. If you miss a time check in, you are out. This will force people to be there and to put in the time... no one gets to just show up right before the doors open. You put in the time, you get rewarded.

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

jristenx wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Agreed. I don't know if SDCC has a great plan or process yet for lotteries - but I think it's inevitable that more and more cons are going to switch over to that.

And just wait when the convention center expansion gets built. . . . .
Hi I'm Brandon
ImageImage

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Loki437 wrote:

that's a dream in of itself. lol

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Loki437 wrote:
jristenx wrote:
Loki437 wrote:

Can't wait for the expansion... that will be awesome!

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Back on topic and sorta related to the recent conversation...

SDCC Pop wish list? How about a Pop Ride Freddy on a SDCC Painted Trolly Car?

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

How about a Karen pop? I kid lol
ImageImageImage

mizsdiana

Postby mizsdiana » Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
anime23 wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

Yes, my point.
1. there will be a lot of losers if there was a SDCC lottery. No entires at all.
2. If you are lucky enough to win, you only get 1 day and 1 time. And history shows they have not restocked at SDCC.
3. Lets' say they restock, there will still be many items that sell out faster. And lets be honest, you are still going to have to line up at some point to be as early as possible for your time slot.
4. If there is a general line after, then those people will be waiting all day to see about getting in and will "miss all the con has to offer". At least now, you line up early on the side walk, get in and know if you have a ticket to the booth or not and when. People act as if they are wasting the entire day try to get a ticket, when tickets are all given out before the convention even opens.

Sure I get your point. But consider this as well:
1. There may seemingly be many losers since everyone will try for the tickets. But the number of people getting into the booth will be the same as the "camping out all night" method because funko has to allot a number of people allowed for every time slot.
2. Perhaps this method helps prevent people from getting in the line every day in hopes to get into the booth many times during the convention. I'm sure we have all met funko pop flippers and cmon, sometimes it just sucks seeing someone straight out of the booth trying to sell an exclusive for triple the price when there are people who simply want it for their collection.
3. Number 1, I think funko booth should go with a restock system so that it is more fair for every time slot. Number 2, I would prefer waiting in line for my time slot knowing that I am still getting into the booth. The one and only time I got into the booth, I was just excited to be in the booth! But the overnight line up is to line up for the CHANCE that you may or may not get in. If it was like many other lines where lining up actually meant getting into the booth, that would be different. You know how they do it for Hall H? Yeah..
4. There has always been a general line at the funko booth for items that have not sold out during the time slot sales. Usually no exclusives are available for the general line. Regardless how we go; online or in person lottery, there will be a general line where people will be posted by all day. This happened at ECCC.

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Back on topic and sorta related to the recent conversation...

oooh a SDCC painted trolley car would be really fun. An awesome piece to put on my bookshelves.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Metallic black ranger .

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
anime23 wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

Yes, my point.

Ya I don't know how you fix that problem if getting an afternoon ticket and then not being about to go back. Unless you can sign up for which lotto you want to enter and only enter for the morning slots. But I get what you are saying now. I wish I had an answer to this problem.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly Founder of The Nerd Element we be at @thenerdelement

Image Image

Martian1314

Postby Martian1314 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Another Chrome Batman just kidding. But hoping to have another Ad Icon on this wish list

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Martian1314 wrote:Another Chrome Batman just kidding. But hoping to have another Ad Icon on this wish list

It amazes me how popular this ad-icon things have become. A year ago, i never even heard people mention them, even though i know they were out there some. It just goes to show us, that people love nostalgia!

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 pm

jristenx wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Back on topic and sorta related to the recent conversation...

oooh a SDCC painted trolley car would be really fun. An awesome piece to put on my bookshelves.

You could get one for each side! ;-)

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 pm

mizsdiana wrote:
1. There may seemingly be many losers since everyone will try for the tickets. But the number of people getting into the booth will be the same as the "camping out all night" method because funko has to allot a number of people allowed for every time slot.
2. Perhaps this method helps prevent people from getting in the line every day in hopes to get into the booth many times during the convention. I'm sure we have all met funko pop flippers and cmon, sometimes it just sucks seeing someone straight out of the booth trying to sell an exclusive for triple the price when there are people who simply want it for their collection.
3. Number 1, I think funko booth should go with a restock system so that it is more fair for every time slot. Number 2, I would prefer waiting in line for my time slot knowing that I am still getting into the booth. The one and only time I got into the booth, I was just excited to be in the booth! But the overnight line up is to line up for the CHANCE that you may or may not get in. If it was like many other lines where lining up actually meant getting into the booth, that would be different. You know how they do it for Hall H? Yeah..
4. There has always been a general line at the funko booth for items that have not sold out during the time slot sales. Usually no exclusives are available for the general line. Regardless how we go; online or in person lottery, there will be a general line where people will be posted by all day. This happened at ECCC.

All this makes sense and is well thought out... however nothing at SDCC is a guarantee. even Hall H. Until you are in the seat or have the ticket in hand. The thing about the online lottery part is that it will be a bunch of random people entering. People who likely would never even have attempted the line in the first place. I agree some people go or attempt to go through the line too many times. There are positives and negatives on both sides of this coin. In my opinion, there are more positives for avoiding the lottery.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:14 am

Martian1314 wrote:Another Chrome Batman just kidding. But hoping to have another Ad Icon on this wish list

Now you know there is going to be a Chrome Batman... They took the biggest pack of prisma color pencils they could find and started at the top left corner as 1 and now are moving their way through the other 149 colors lol lol lol

Image Image

thedoctorbrody

Postby thedoctorbrody » Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 am

Purple Chrome Batman and Red Hood!

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am

anime23 wrote:

Now you know there is going to be a Chrome Batman... They took the biggest pack of prisma color pencils they could find and started at the top left corner as 1 and now are moving their way through the other 149 colors lol lol lol

So what you’re saying is that I need to get a custom display case made that looks like a crayola box to store all my chrome pops in....

Not really but that would look super cool! :colors:

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 am

conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

All this makes sense and is well thought out... however nothing at SDCC is a guarantee. even Hall H. Until you are in the seat or have the ticket in hand. The thing about the online lottery part is that it will be a bunch of random people entering. People who likely would never even have attempted the line in the first place. I agree some people go or attempt to go through the line too many times. There are positives and negatives on both sides of this coin. In my opinion, there are more positives for avoiding the lottery.

This is both sides of the coin illustrated very well. Well put both of you. There is no right answer.

PSo with the recent announcement that autographs are moving over to lotteries, I think it’s inevitable that most vendors will move toward that model as well. The portal system. Now Funko has been doing the whole summer convention exclusive system with the same pop (different sticker though) at SDCC but simultaneously at b&n, hot topic, game stop, Amazon, etc etc etc. they could move to more of a Mattel model where the editions are larger, but generally SDCC exclusives (with offsite fulfillment), or do controlled lotteries with SDCC where controlled lines via time slot are staged outside and marched in to pick up your goods. The massive all in one line model is changing though. And from a marketing standpoint, sure people may be disappointed that they were not randomly chosen to get their item, but now they have many many MANY more hours to go and experience what SDCC or any other con is all about. I’m sure the intention isn’t to experience a 36 hour line to do ONE thing for your 250 dollar ticket plus hotel, plus airfare, plus food, etc cost of entry.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m way off, but as this event grows, something is going to have to give somewhere. I’ve learned to accept disappointment and then go find something else super fun to occupy my time, because I’m on vacation and that’s what SDCC is all about. Rant over.
Hi I'm Brandon
ImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 am

jristenx wrote:
anime23 wrote:

So what you’re saying is that I need to get a custom display case made that looks like a crayola box to store all my chrome pops in....

Not really but that would look super cool! :colors:

I have a friend that collects batman an I feel like they'd do it just to spite him lol

Image Image

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 10:44 am

Loki437 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

This is both sides of the coin illustrated very well. Well put both of you. There is no right answer.

PSo with the recent announcement that autographs are moving over to lotteries, I think it’s inevitable that most vendors will move toward that model as well. The portal system. Now Funko has been doing the whole summer convention exclusive system with the same pop (different sticker though) at SDCC but simultaneously at b&n, hot topic, game stop, Amazon, etc etc etc. they could move to more of a Mattel model where the editions are larger, but generally SDCC exclusives (with offsite fulfillment), or do controlled lotteries with SDCC where controlled lines via time slot are staged outside and marched in to pick up your goods. The massive all in one line model is changing though. And from a marketing standpoint, sure people may be disappointed that they were not randomly chosen to get their item, but now they have many many MANY more hours to go and experience what SDCC or any other con is all about. I’m sure the intention isn’t to experience a 36 hour line to do ONE thing for your 250 dollar ticket plus hotel, plus airfare, plus food, etc cost of entry.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m way off, but as this event grows, something is going to have to give somewhere. I’ve learned to accept disappointment and then go find something else super fun to occupy my time, because I’m on vacation and that’s what SDCC is all about. Rant over.

Nice rant! Excellent points. i would love a Mattel process. Ordering at an online sale for pickup exclusively at SDCC. Maybe that's the one part of my argument i have been missing, that there are "Summer Convention" items available all over and if the people don't want to wait in line at SDCC, they can just look for their items at a retail store or order them online. No different then a lottery (in fact likely a better chance) and they still get the same figure. Let the true SDCC exclusives be what they are.

Felson

Postby Felson » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am

Smallville POPS SDCC would be amazing!!
Image :freddy1: Image

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am

conventiongeek wrote:

It amazes me how popular this ad-icon things have become. A year ago, i never even heard people mention them, even though i know they were out there some. It just goes to show us, that people love nostalgia!

I think the Kellogg's ad icons really brought this line back. No one really cared about fruit brute or mummy, but when tony the tiger came out people lost their minds and hyped it all back up.
Hi, I'm CY

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

I think the Kellogg's ad icons really brought this line back. No one really cared about fruit brute or mummy, but when tony the tiger came out people lost their minds and hyped it all back up.

That's all it takes sometimes. It only takes that 1 that gets everyone's attention and back into the spotlight it goes. Now i want to see them all!

mizsdiana

Postby mizsdiana » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Loki437 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

I Completely agree! When I went to NYCC, I didn't get into funko booth. I was a little bummed but I still thoroughly enjoyed myself and was able to do other things that would not have required standing in line all day long.

mizsdiana

Postby mizsdiana » Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

Actually if you are in the Hall H line within the cap max for the room, you are guaranteed a spot. As I said, the only problem I have with the traditional line is that you are in line for a chance to get in, not even to get in. Last year people even counterfeited tickets for that line. But I do see from the perspective that if you are only there for funko, then sure this may be an ideal system. But many people are at SDCC for so much more.

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 pm

conventiongeek wrote:

Tony the Tiger and the Toucan are best ones so far imo. I'd be really interested to see if they do any for SDCC since SDCC is more geared toward pop culture/entertainment than the ad icon line.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 pm

mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

Actually if you are in the Hall H line within the cap max for the room, you are guaranteed a spot. As I said, the only problem I have with the traditional line is that you are in line for a chance to get in, not even to get in. Last year people even counterfeited tickets for that line. But I do see from the perspective that if you are only there for funko, then sure this may be an ideal system. But many people are at SDCC for so much more.

Not that it would be impossible, but it someone was able to counterfit the tickets in that short of time, then not much to say there. I would hope if there were then the Funko employee taking those tickets would be be more aware. Also, it still would not effect the amount of tickets that Funko releases each day. I do a lot more then just Funko... and waiting in that line "before " the doors open does not effect the day in front of me at all. If i don't get a ticket, then I still have the whole day in front of me to do other stuff.

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 1:57 pm

jristenx wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

Tony the Tiger and the Toucan are best ones so far imo. I'd be really interested to see if they do any for SDCC since SDCC is more geared toward pop culture/entertainment than the ad icon line.

Here's hoping! In your mind what Icon would be up there with Tony and Toucan?

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:07 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

Not that it would be impossible, but it someone was able to counterfit the tickets in that short of time, then not much to say there. I would hope if there were then the Funko employee taking those tickets would be be more aware. Also, it still would not effect the amount of tickets that Funko releases each day. I do a lot more then just Funko... and waiting in that line "before " the doors open does not effect the day in front of me at all. If i don't get a ticket, then I still have the whole day in front of me to do other stuff.

I could see them moving towards a band to combat this a la disney world. It would get mailed to your house and any lottery you won would be loaded on it. Anything you apply for there would be done with a swipe of your band.

Mizarkie

Postby Mizarkie » Thu May 17, 2018 2:08 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

As someone who has been going to SDCC for 10 years, I see the benefit of both methods; lottery and waiting in line. I do side with the lottery tho. There is so much to do at SDCC and it is better to know before the day starts whether you get into the Funko Booth or not, that way you can try for other things like autographs, panels and such. Look at other companies like Mattel. They have people buy their exclusives before the convention and then you can pick up when you get there. I know for Funko that may not be a realistic approach but if they want to make changes, the best seems to be a lottery. For every other convention (NYCC, ECCC, Celebration) it works. SDCC is obviously bigger than most but that doesn't mean a proven method should be disregarded just because the old method is preferred. And Hall H and the Funko draw line are completely different that they cant be compared. Ive guaranteed a Hall H seat every year with lining up early and waiting. I cannot guarantee a Funko ticket with the day and time slot i want. I can line up a day 12 hours for the Funko line and still not get a ticket that i want. Its a random drawing and thats just a fact. Therefore, i believe a lottery is preferred. If you dont get win a lottery ticket, so be it. Maybe me not wining a ticket allows me to line up to meet the cast of the Walking Dead. My point is you can still see other amazing things, knowing the plan days before. Like they always say...Make your SDCC list and cut it in half, there's no way you can have everything with a con this big.
“There is nothing more reassuring than realizing the world is CRAZIER than you are.”

ImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu May 17, 2018 2:20 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
mizsdiana wrote:

I could see them moving towards a band to combat this a la disney world. It would get mailed to your house and any lottery you won would be loaded on it. Anything you apply for there would be done with a swipe of your band.

Maybe Disney will buy SDCC... lol They own everything else. Then we can expect daily tickets to be $130, and that's just for Hall H... without a Convention Hopper pass ($30 more) you can't go to the show floor. Annual passes to SDCC will be $600 per year and this includes access to the AT&T, John Deere and local Boat show Conventions.... lol lol lol lol lol

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

Maybe Disney will buy SDCC... lol They own everything else. Then we can expect daily tickets to be $130, and that's just for Hall H... without a Convention Hopper pass ($30 more) you can't go to the show floor. Annual passes to SDCC will be $600 per year and this includes access to the AT&T, John Deere and local Boat show Conventions.... lol lol lol lol lol

*quickly ushers this comment away* You didn't see anything, Disney! No ideas given here!

Return to “Pop!”