Ad Icons - McDonalds Pre-Order - Cancelled!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
NyxCrawler

Re: Ad Icons - McDonalds Pre-Order - Cancelled!

Postby NyxCrawler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 pm

kappait wrote:Haha. I would have to borrow a five year old. But if these were there I'd have no shame. I'd order 2 happy meals.

Can you rent those?? lol

"Yea, can I have 10 happy meals? Ummm.... i guess hold the food. Just the toys to go, please." :roflmao:

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 pm

NyxCrawler wrote:
kappait wrote:Haha. I would have to borrow a five year old. But if these were there I'd have no shame. I'd order 2 happy meals.

Can you rent those?? lol

"Yea, can I have 10 happy meals? Ummm.... i guess hold the food. Just the toys to go, please." :roflmao:

On second thought I'll take the food!! \:D/

Yeah 10 sounds about right.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

jperez702

Postby jperez702 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 pm

It'd be cool if you could buy the toy outright like with current happy meal items. LOL I doubt it'd be 2.49 like it currently is for happy meal toys.

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 pm

^^^watch then end up being PSH and given out as Happy Meal toys! lol

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Ive bought Happy Meals before just for the toy, lol
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Mine haven't been cancelled yet but it maybe just because my gamestop is behind. I also love fish filets so if they come in a meal I'll find some kids to get happy meals and give them my duplicate pops to trade for their toys.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:40 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:Ive bought Happy Meals before just for the toy, lol

I think we all have at one time or another. When my daughter was little she had to have the little Barbie dolls they had with Happy meals. Well I still have 5-6 still in baggie. I wonder if they have a breakfast happy meal :freddy3:

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 pm

uhh wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:Just saw these were cancelled - we've seen that before with other items and they end up changing them and going to other stores - hope that happens with these! or they are being made for a con!

I have a feeling they're going to be a con exclusive and pop up on the shop. It seemed really odd that gamestop was getting McDonald's pops lol

haha.
Thats because the obvious distributor is McDonalds.
I wanna pop with a #1 please!

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:03 am

So it is time for some confusing news...

I stopped into my local GS yesterday afternoon with plans to accept the fate of my McDonald's pre-orders and move that money around to something else. When I made it to the counter I told the store manager how I already know the pre-orders were cancelled and I want to just toss the money onto other pre-orders. He had a really puzzled look on his face and stated "well it's your money so you can do what ever you want". His look and tone were very odd so I went into the story of the letter floating around online and I was just trying to be proactive with it since no one at the store has mentioned it to me yet.
This is the confusing part....
The store manager told me that he did not know what I was talking about! He has not received any letter and had no communications about this at all. When he checks the system, the items are still there but they are no longer available for pre-order and the dates have changed to UNKNOWN.
So I have decided to hold out a little longer and see what happens.
I would rather the items float on pre-order until a definite cancellation hits them rather than lose the chance if they ever happen to hit the store.
So I'll let you know how long these ride out or until we have some kind of definite resolution to these POPs.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

ch_aeiro

Postby ch_aeiro » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:25 am

Battastic wrote:So it is time for some confusing news...

I stopped into my local GS yesterday afternoon with plans to accept the fate of my McDonald's pre-orders and move that money around to something else. When I made it to the counter I told the store manager how I already know the pre-orders were cancelled and I want to just toss the money onto other pre-orders. He had a really puzzled look on his face and stated "well it's your money so you can do what ever you want". His look and tone were very odd so I went into the story of the letter floating around online and I was just trying to be proactive with it since no one at the store has mentioned it to me yet.
This is the confusing part....
The store manager told me that he did not know what I was talking about! He has not received any letter and had no communications about this at all. When he checks the system, the items are still there but they are no longer available for pre-order and the dates have changed to UNKNOWN.
So I have decided to hold out a little longer and see what happens.
I would rather the items float on pre-order until a definite cancellation hits them rather than lose the chance if they ever happen to hit the store.
So I'll let you know how long these ride out or until we have some kind of definite resolution to these POPs.

I think that’s smart. Better not to cancel your preorders until we know 100% for sure.
Hi, I'm Kristi!

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 am

SO sad that these were cancelled. Would have been an awesome collecting to bring back those old childhood memories.
I'm Jace!
Events in 2018 - ECCC, WonderCon, SDCC, RCCC, NYCC, LACC, and DCon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

JaceCD wrote:SO sad that these were cancelled. Would have been an awesome collecting to bring back those old childhood memories.

Agreed but maybe will be able to happen later on
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
JaceCD wrote:SO sad that these were cancelled. Would have been an awesome collecting to bring back those old childhood memories.

I'm thinking it will be an online Funko Shop Ad Icons release down the road.
I'm Jace!
Events in 2018 - ECCC, WonderCon, SDCC, RCCC, NYCC, LACC, and DCon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Funko just put out a twitter poll of what ad icon people would like to see as pops. And McD was on the list, so hope is not lost.
ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

I use to buy happy meals every day when Masters of the Universe toys where given out in Happy Meals. =D>
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

uhh

Postby uhh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
uhh wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:Just saw these were cancelled - we've seen that before with other items and they end up changing them and going to other stores - hope that happens with these! or they are being made for a con!

I have a feeling they're going to be a con exclusive and pop up on the shop. It seemed really odd that gamestop was getting McDonald's pops lol

haha.

do I get a jumbo one if I supersize my order? o wait that isn't a thing anymore lol
ISO: Black Flash Mystery Mini (Hot Topic Exclusive)

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm hoping con/pop up (online) shop exclusive! Got my GITD Lucky earlier this will round out my set!

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 pm

uhh wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
uhh wrote:

haha.

do I get a jumbo one if I supersize my order? o wait that isn't a thing anymore lol

Haha. Yeah it's a code to get the 6 inch version. Love it
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

Rhoads

Postby Rhoads » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I use to buy happy meals every day when Masters of the Universe toys where given out in Happy Meals. =D>

Whenever the Pokemon cards would come, I'd try and get every one haha.

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am

It's time for more confusing news...

Stopped in my local GS today on my lunch break to pay off a few pre-orders and decided to check on the McDonald's POPs.
The pre-orders have now changed from Date Unknown to RELEASED!!!!
This usually means the item will arrive in the next few weeks. The GS system is also showing RELEASED for SNL, Hercules, and a few other POPs. Some of these we know are coming out very soon while a few others should still be a few weeks or months out.
I will let you guys known what happens next time on As The World Turns...Around McDonald's POPs
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Battastic wrote:It's time for more confusing news...

Stopped in my local GS today on my lunch break to pay off a few pre-orders and decided to check on the McDonald's POPs.
The pre-orders have now changed from Date Unknown to RELEASED!!!!
This usually means the item will arrive in the next few weeks. The GS system is also showing RELEASED for SNL, Hercules, and a few other POPs. Some of these we know are coming out very soon while a few others should still be a few weeks or months out.
I will let you guys known what happens next time on As The World Turns...Around McDonald's POPs

Crossing fingers. I'm going to stop by my Gamestop where I preordered this weekend. Let's see what news they have.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm

jagpop wrote:Crossing fingers. I'm going to stop by my Gamestop where I preordered this weekend. Let's see what news they have.

Please do as I know I cannot be the only one getting this information.

Also on the 3/8/18 edition of the Funko Q&A, someone asked why GS/TG would not be selling these POPs. Funko's answer...it's not official until we say it is.

So fingers crossed we can still grab these.

If anyone else held onto their pre-orders, check with your store to see what you can find.

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Battastic wrote:
jagpop wrote:Crossing fingers. I'm going to stop by my Gamestop where I preordered this weekend. Let's see what news they have.

Please do as I know I cannot be the only one getting this information.

Also on the 3/8/18 edition of the Funko Q&A, someone asked why GS/TG would not be selling these POPs. Funko's answer...it's not official until we say it is.

So fingers crossed we can still grab these.

If anyone else held onto their pre-orders, check with your store to see what you can find.

I didn't have a choice in "holding on" to my pre-order...I was just told it had been cancelled. :(
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

Looking For:
*Buff Rick & Buff Summer YAY!!
*Freddy Flux's Smiling & Winking
*Metallic Cereal Pops (Boo Berry, Count Chocula, & Franken Berry)

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:I didn't have a choice in "holding on" to my pre-order...I was just told it had been cancelled. :(

This is why it is getting so confusing. I actually went into the store preparing to move that money to other pre-orders and was told that they were still on file only the release date had changed to UNKNOWN. Now the system is showing RELEASED.
Not real sure what is going on

kfk302

Postby kfk302 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:57 pm

this whole situation is weird. i don't like it!

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:31 pm

I like a good mystery..but this is weird..this is like..dogs and cats living together..Mass Hysteria!

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Brutesquad wrote:I like a good mystery..but this is weird..this is like..dogs and cats living together..Mass Hysteria!

Agreed!
This situation is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
The dead rising from the grave.
That kind of mass hysteria

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Battastic wrote:
Brutesquad wrote:I like a good mystery..but this is weird..this is like..dogs and cats living together..Mass Hysteria!

Agreed!
This situation is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Real wrath-of-God type stuff.

thank you sir.. ;-) =D>

netman97

Postby netman97 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Saw one of those little four answer click on polls by funko that asked what ad icons would you like to see made,
and one was Mcdonalds....LOL
Wants-
Jam Master Jay , Tupac , Notorious Big
Public enemy - Chuck D , Flavor Flav,
Boo Berry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula
Unmasked Jason Vorhees Pop
Image Image

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

netman97 wrote:Saw one of those little four answer click on polls by funko that asked what ad icons would you like to see made,
and one was Mcdonalds....LOL

Not sure if they are gauging what brand to drop first or if it is worth the time to release the McDonald's POPs
Again, just more confusing fuel for the fire

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:49 pm

If I were to take a guess, I'd say McDonald's pulled the licensing to see if they could dip their toes in selling these themselves. Wouldn't be a wise decision - if they thought people went nuts over the availability of their szechuan sauce, wait until they get a load of us..lol
Hi, I'm CY

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens, especially since there are so many mixed messages going around.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

willy wonka

Postby willy wonka » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 pm

JaceCD wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:

or maybe only at McDonalds!
Just call me Joe...

ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Metallic Mad Hatter Wobbler, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Brutesquad wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Agreed!

thank you sir.. ;-) =D>

The way you two talking...it's like you're saying a giant Stay-Puft marshmallow man could come walking down the street at any moment or something...I think you need to just calm it down
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

Looking For:
*Buff Rick & Buff Summer YAY!!
*Freddy Flux's Smiling & Winking
*Metallic Cereal Pops (Boo Berry, Count Chocula, & Franken Berry)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Battastic wrote:

Agreed!

LOL...now this is funny. But yeah, for sure I'll post once I get word from my Gamestop.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Battastic wrote:

Agreed!

LMAO :roflmao:
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Battastic wrote:

Agreed!

Hmmmm. I better go buy an umbrella

kfk302

Postby kfk302 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:15 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:If I were to take a guess, I'd say McDonald's pulled the licensing to see if they could dip their toes in selling these themselves. Wouldn't be a wise decision - if they thought people went nuts over the availability of their szechuan sauce, wait until they get a load of us..lol

this is totally unrelated, but i just have to say that i absolutely love your name lol all that was one of my favorite shows growing up!

Grossanator9

Postby Grossanator9 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 pm

GusGus wrote:^^^watch then end up being PSH and given out as Happy Meal toys! lol

Sadly it won't happen because it's now a choking hazard. Now back in the 90's this would have happened!
Jason Grohoske aka Jason HQ from Cletus Seldin
Ghostbustin' Since 1987
Follow me on The Gram

ISO - Stay (Puft) Domo & Ghostbuster Conan

ImageImage

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:34 pm

willy wonka wrote:
JaceCD wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Agreed but maybe will be able to happen later on

or maybe only at McDonalds!

They could do it like the old school cups they used to do and offer it as an additional item
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Return to “Pop!”