Thank you to the entire Funko staff for another amazing FunDays!!!!

How would you feel if you obtained all the grails you wanted except one that's near impossible to find?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
alkatraz1

How would you feel if you obtained all the grails you wanted except one that's near impossible to find?

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Recently I almost finished off most of the pops I've wanted since I started collecting 3 years ago but there's this one piece that eludes me and it's driving me insane #-o ! How would you guys feel?

theraven00

Re: How would you feel if you obtained all the grails you wanted except one that's near impossible to find?

Postby theraven00 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

I guess it'd be annoying, but if I was able to land all the others I'd probably be okay with it. Based upon the current market, I know there's some that even if I could obtain, I wouldn't want to pay crazy amounts for.

Which grail are you trying to get?
Poppin'

TenTwoSix

Re: How would you feel if you obtained all the grails you wanted except one that's near impossible to find?

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm

What are you looking for? The way I see it is that the harder it is to find, the more you'll appreciate it when you finally get it.
Jerry

ISO Protos: Harry Potter & Batman the Animated Series

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Yep, put me on the curious list. What's driving me insane is you not telling us the one piece that is driving you insane :wwe8:.
I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though!

ImageSTILL HUNTING FOR A SOUTH PARK "KENNY" WACKY WOBBLER PROTO

xandersmom

Postby xandersmom » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Don't really know how it feels to have a grail .. but I think I'd be happy anyway
\:D/ Melissa

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 pm

id be happy if i was down to only one
:freddy3:

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Well I'm looking for the sdcc flocked sulley and the thing is he's 480 pieces not like some Freddie's that are 96 but what drives me real insane is that he was that last time he was up on eBay I missed him cause I had bad reception.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 pm

For my is that crystal clear el diablo :P ....

But is fun to search and try to get it.. part of collecting is that you have that mega grail that is almost impossible or hard to get it...

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

alkatraz1 wrote:Well I'm looking for the sdcc flocked sulley and the thing is he's 480 pieces not like some Freddie's that are 96 but what drives me real insane is that he was that last time he was up on eBay I missed him cause I had bad reception.

That is a great piece! I know how you feel, I've been looking for a metallic Notorious Big and I was saving for it, but its kept going up. At this point, I may never get one. But never give up!

Tany

Postby Tany » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Realistically, my grails aren't impossible to get, I'm just bad at saving money. xD;
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: tanypandatoys // Youtube: tanypanda // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ MY SDCC FUNKO POP (and Dorbz) HAUL! ✧・゚:*

Pop #: 244 // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: Peridot // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Gonzo206 wrote:
alkatraz1 wrote:Well I'm looking for the sdcc flocked sulley and the thing is he's 480 pieces not like some Freddie's that are 96 but what drives me real insane is that he was that last time he was up on eBay I missed him cause I had bad reception.

That is a great piece! I know how you feel, I've been looking for a metallic Notorious Big and I was saving for it, but its kept going up. At this point, I may never get one. But never give up!

I never will give up til he's mine ](*,) and you should either that's how I got my metallic biggie

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Tany wrote:Realistically, my grails aren't impossible to get, I'm just bad at saving money. xD;

"Saving money" :-s is that a thing lol

AngLuvsPop

Postby AngLuvsPop » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm

I only really have one, and I could have gotten it, but thought whatever price it was at the time was too much. Now, if only I could get it for that price!. I guess I need to decide how badly I want it.
Ang
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: White Raven HT Exclusive Pop

Image Image

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I only have one that I haven't been able to pull the trigger on yet.... Metallic Freddy Ghost Rider. :(

Valde

Postby Valde » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I'll probably never find some of the ones I've been looking for, but hey that's the point of a grail.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Tany

Postby Tany » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm

alkatraz1 wrote:
Tany wrote:Realistically, my grails aren't impossible to get, I'm just bad at saving money. xD;

"Saving money" :-s is that a thing lol

I've heard rumors of it! :0
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: tanypandatoys // Youtube: tanypanda // Twitch: tanypop

*:・゚✧ MY SDCC FUNKO POP (and Dorbz) HAUL! ✧・゚:*

Pop #: 244 // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: Peridot // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

funkolovers92

Postby funkolovers92 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:58 pm

There's this grail from NYCC and I have been dying trying to have it. Unfortunately, its price is equivalent to a used car so I don't know if I will ever get it. And yes, it's bothering me everyday :(.

lavery01

Postby lavery01 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:04 pm

MIne is the NBC Mayor. I just can't see paying 600.00 for him, but it is an awesome pop.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

superkawaii

Postby superkawaii » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm

JJLecaros wrote:id be happy if i was down to only one

Same here!! :cheers:
:hello2: Hello, I'm Ailyne!

Disney, Star Wars, DC, repeat.

https://www.instagram.com/suuuperkawaii/

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

alkatraz1 wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

I never will give up til he's mine ](*,) and you should either that's how I got my metallic biggie

I won't, I'll keep trying! I hope you get yours too!

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

My number one grail sadly is one i prob will never attain.. Freddy Funko Ramone. Being a HUGE fan of the Ramones, and loving freddy funko makes this a no brainer..but with the current rise in price and only 48 being made.. its prob not going to happen. This no matter what else i ever get will forever eat at my soul :)
UNATTAINED GRAIL= Freddy Funko (Ramone) ISO Joey Ramone proto!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImageImage

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:25 pm

lavery01 wrote:MIne is the NBC Mayor. I just can't see paying 600.00 for him, but it is an awesome pop.

you should be able to find one for around 280 if you keep your eyes peeled to ebay and whatnot.
UNATTAINED GRAIL= Freddy Funko (Ramone) ISO Joey Ramone proto!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImageImage

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:My number one grail sadly is one i prob will never attain.. Freddy Funko Ramone. Being a HUGE fan of the Ramones, and loving freddy funko makes this a no brainer..but with the current rise in price and only 48 being made.. its prob not going to happen. This no matter what else i ever get will forever eat at my soul :)

I feel you but yours is way harder so good luck and may the Freddy be with you :freddy2:

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

That is point of a grail, it's ultra hard to find. I have been searching for few pieces for almost 5 years now and haven't seen them for sale anywhere. It does drive me a little nuts, but hey I am very happy to have found many other hard to come by pieces through the process.
Rob

ISO
Snoopy/Woodstock Bobble-bank
Orange Tux Freddy
Scottie Dogs

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm

#-o

Hoping you find one! He's a beaut for sure.
I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though!

ImageSTILL HUNTING FOR A SOUTH PARK "KENNY" WACKY WOBBLER PROTO

AnthonyLou81

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I would love to have the metallic Freddy Funko V for Vendetta. I have never even seen one for sale

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:25 pm

AnthonyLou81 wrote:I would love to have the metallic Freddy Funko V for Vendetta. I have never even seen one for sale

There's one on eBay for bids right now a bit pricey though

alkatraz1

Postby alkatraz1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:31 pm

alkatraz1 wrote:
AnthonyLou81 wrote:I would love to have the metallic Freddy Funko V for Vendetta. I have never even seen one for sale

There's one on eBay for bids right now a bit pricey though

Wait never mind I read that wrong as the regular metallic not the Freddy funko one #-o

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Having only one remaining grail is a good thing. If it was something like 10 then it might feel overwhelming and impossible. For me, my top 2 wants are in my sig and they're not difficult to find it's just a matter of dropping some cash. I'm getting to a point where I will purge a good chunk of my collection to get my grails just to have that feeling of completion. After that is done I have Prototype wants to keep me busy. Lol
Hi! I'm Mark
ISO - LEX LUTHOR PROTOTYPE WHITE/COLOR
Planet Arlia Vegeta and Freddy Boba Fett

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 pm

I think new grails would form. the grail hunt would never end! :P
Well hello! My name is Nicola.. :D

Image Image Image

ISO:
The Little Mermaid:
Ursula Funko Pop (28)
Ariel & Ursula SDCC exclusive Metallic Set (08)

Ariel Protos
Ursula Protos

Others:
La Muerte Pop (94)
Original Mickey Hikari
B/W Mickey Hikari

paxderomano

Postby paxderomano » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

I kind of feel like no matter what you're looking for, someone on the forums can help you make it happen!
Brian
Funklub member # 14829
Pop Count 600+ and counting
Collections Star Wars, Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

konko

Postby konko » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:55 pm

I'd be ecstatic if I was down to one. Being a Star Wars collector, there are quite a few that have gone up to high for us to purchase :-({|=
14 Shadow Trooper (2011 SDCC)
15 Han Solo Stormtrooper (ECCC Exclusive)
16 Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper (ECCC Exclusive)
23 Holographic Darth Maul (2012 SDCC Exclusive)
24 Biggs Darklighter (2012 SDCC Exclusive)
25 501st Clonetrooper (2012 SDCC Exclusive)
32 Boba Fett (Droids) (European Exclusive)
33 Holographic Darth Vader
54 Princess Leia (Boushh Unmasked) (2015 SDCC Exclusive)

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 pm

paxderomano wrote:I kind of feel like no matter what you're looking for, someone on the forums can help you make it happen!

Can someone on the forums please help me get the Harry Potter on Broom proto? Seriously lol
Jerry

ISO Protos: Harry Potter & Batman the Animated Series

TVader27

Postby TVader27 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm

To tell the truth I would love to just have one left to get. I've been trying to get some of the grails I've wanted for awhile with no luck and I've been collecting for a while. I just can't get my hands on Big Boy, GITD White Ranger, Superman Shirt Sloth, Flocked Gizmo, Chase Beetlejuice, Blue Shirt Stan Lee Freddy, Pink Hair Freddy, Ace Ventura Freddy and now Blue Fat Man and X-Wing Freddy. There is no way I can afford ebay price for them and the stuff that I have that people want to trade for them I worked so hard to get I can't simply give them up. I wish you luck in finding the last grail you need.
Hi I'm Trevor.
ImageImageImage

Freddy Wish List:
X-Wing, Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Ace Ventura, Fourth Doctor, The Demon, Pink Hair, Doc Brown GITD, Batman, Beetlejuice, Talladega (Blue), Stan Lee (Blue)

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm

I know how this feels. I have every Flash figure, but am not a big Proto person. My grail is a Flash proto (not from the TV show). With all of the Flash figures that have been released, I'm surprised that it is this difficult to get one. I guess a grail is a grail.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto
Blue Lantern Flash GITD Dorbz

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 pm

alkatraz1 wrote:Recently I almost finished off most of the pops I've wanted since I started collecting 3 years ago but there's this one piece that eludes me and it's driving me insane #-o ! How would you guys feel?

My Pop Rides collection was complete except for one- blue Batmobile. At 1/200 you'd think they'd come up now and then but I didn't see one anywhere for like 6 months. But if there's one thing I've learned in my decades of collecting stuff, it's that if you're patient then what you're looking for WILL eventually pop up. A Funatic eventually helped me out on that one and I've maintained a complete set ever since (which as it turns out, never ends lol ).

I also collect plastic model kits and the holy grails for those are store displays. They are kind of mini dioramas that would be placed on hobby store counters to show people what the built model looks like. I narrowly missed a particular one on eBay. I saved a search for it and patiently checked the search results every day. Eventually one came up and for a surprisingly low price and it is now in my collection. Guess how long it took me? About 5 years. 5 years of checking saved searches every day. Sometimes it takes a lot of patience to chase down those super rare pieces :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:24 pm

I've been searching for SDCC Thing as well. What kills me is I had several chances to buy a few months ago and put it off. Now he has doubled in price :(

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm

I think as collectors and go an extent... addicts, as soon as we finally get the one grail we needed, we find a new challenge. It's an neverending cycle. Just most of the grails you have now and maybe one day that last piece will come into play =). And then after that, you will find a new grail lol lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Pops.

ImageImage

Tony Stark Homecoming Proto Obtained July 29th, 2017 (thank you StarWarner and her mother!) :love10:

willy wonka

Postby willy wonka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 pm

The fun in collecting is always looking for that hard to find piece!.
Just call me Joe...

ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Metallic Mad Hatter Wobbler, SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz

Strending625

Postby Strending625 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 pm

I have the problem of spending money on non grails and not saving it for the grails I want. I watched the Big Daddy proto on Gemini for months, saw it drop in price from $300 to $200 and still didn't save up for it like I should have. Then one day it was gone and I looked through my PayPal history and I could have easily bought it months before it was gone. Sometimes instant gratification seems more important than saving up for something #-o
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Newest pop: Bert Macklin FBI
ISO: Blue/Pink T-Bone, BTAS Ladies, Chase Him, Darth Vader Mini Hikari (gold, clear), White Raven (huge Grail)

Return to “Pop!”