NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
blur_r
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby blur_r » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 pm

I successfully placed an order for NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas on Amazon last Thursday. This morning, Amazon sent an email advising of a delay in shipping, that a new delivery date is not yet available, and that if I still wanted it I had to approve my order. Odd.

I'm a bit concerned that my order is a no go. Is anyone else getting the same email from Amazon?

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5192
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm

I got the same email earlier this morning. I ordered right when it first went up. I'm definitely disappointed since it was supposed to come today and there's no ETA.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need Prince Eric, Ariel Movie Moment & Rock Candy, Lock, Shock, NBC Movie Moments, and HT Ursula w/ trident protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
lunarembrace
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

In the same boat. My most wanted from NYCC, so I'm hoping it doesn't take too long! I'm sure they are maybe just having a delayed shipment or something?
Melissa
Image
Instagram: dorkydisneygirl

User avatar
zAkbar_777
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:40 pm
Location: St. Paul, MN

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby zAkbar_777 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Same e-mail came to me today as well. Hopefully it was just a delay in shipping.
"I am no Ser" instagram: cap_n_howdy

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Posts: 3647
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Same, hopefully it comes soon. I also got a hold for the Predator Hound exclusive a week or so ago.

EDIT: I realize now that the Nov 8th is the deadline when you have to say you want the item.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
Image
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5192
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Same, hopefully it comes soon. I also got a hold for the Predator Hound exclusive a week or so ago.

EDIT: I realize now that the Nov 8th is the deadline when you have to say you want the item.


Yeah I noticed that too. I hope that it won't take that long. There was also a delay for ECCC Shark Maui through Amazon. Fortunately it wasn't very long. Hopefully that will be the case this time too.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need Prince Eric, Ariel Movie Moment & Rock Candy, Lock, Shock, NBC Movie Moments, and HT Ursula w/ trident protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
wenhol8710
Posts: 2098
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 pm
Location: Flood City, PA
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby wenhol8710 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Yeah, got the same email today too. Hopefully it isn't too long of a delay, I'm really looking forward to her.
Image

User avatar
lunarembrace
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?
Melissa
Image
Instagram: dorkydisneygirl

User avatar
fbingha
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby fbingha » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?


Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.
Image
Pops 220+Ridez 38Rides 6Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 7Vynl 1 :)
Last Pop: Pillsbury Doughboy

User avatar
lunarembrace
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:35 pm

wolvie wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?


Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.


I know glams can be misleading since it's not the actual product, but reeeeally love the glam, and it just doesn't compare to what the actual product looks like, I guess! I might order an extra one just because anyway, but I'm sure they will all look the same, since it really is just a type of sticker applied to the product. I was hoping mine might have been an error-type thing. Haha. Thanks!
Melissa
Image
Instagram: dorkydisneygirl

User avatar
fbingha
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby fbingha » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm

All of the online boxes I see look the same. I'm afraid what you have is what they all look like.

Wow, the paint looks bad all over when you really zoom in :p

Image
Image
Pops 220+Ridez 38Rides 6Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 7Vynl 1 :)
Last Pop: Pillsbury Doughboy

rexflexall
Posts: 970
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:46 am

Quality control!

User avatar
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 5192
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am

lunarembrace wrote:
wolvie wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Just wondering if anyone received their Pocahontas yet? I'm tempted to buy another one, because the one I got today..the sticker on her shirt is kind of terrible. It's not super messed up or anything, but the wolf is very hard to see, and you can barely even tell there's a moon or background behind it. Is anyone else's like this, or did I get a bad one?


Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.


I know glams can be misleading since it's not the actual product, but reeeeally love the glam, and it just doesn't compare to what the actual product looks like, I guess! I might order an extra one just because anyway, but I'm sure they will all look the same, since it really is just a type of sticker applied to the product. I was hoping mine might have been an error-type thing. Haha. Thanks!

It's not just yours. I created a thread detailing the issues with this figure. The ball was dropped on this release.

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=92575&p=2229934#p2229934
Marie
❄❄❄ Need Prince Eric, Ariel Movie Moment & Rock Candy, Lock, Shock, NBC Movie Moments, and HT Ursula w/ trident protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld
Image

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby bakivali » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:27 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:
wolvie wrote:
Mine does not look like the glam, its as if the white color is missing from the moon and clouds. Those are just a shade of teal. The wolf is okay though not as detailed as the glam.


I know glams can be misleading since it's not the actual product, but reeeeally love the glam, and it just doesn't compare to what the actual product looks like, I guess! I might order an extra one just because anyway, but I'm sure they will all look the same, since it really is just a type of sticker applied to the product. I was hoping mine might have been an error-type thing. Haha. Thanks!

It's not just yours. I created a thread detailing the issues with this figure. The ball was dropped on this release.

https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic. ... 4#p2229934

Hopefully someone can take note, as you said in that post not for the current run, but for future ones.

User avatar
MelIsFun
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:21 am
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby MelIsFun » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 am

I know the Anna (Frozen) Rock Candy is only available through Target. Does anyone know if those figures are available online or do they limit those to in-store sales? If so, I may be out of luck because the nearest target to me is over 50 miles away. (I have Buffalo listed as my city but that's the nearest Metro area - I don't actually live in Buffalo.)
Funko Pop! count: 46
Funko Mopeez count: 3
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
drachenfells
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 am
Location: Oxford

Re: NYCC 2018 Rock Candy Pocahontas

Postby drachenfells » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Those quality control issues are really dissapointing as i was looking forward to getting this.


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users