NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
funkobry
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby funkobry » Thu May 31, 2018 2:18 pm

I’m very interested to see how they move. It could be Funko competing against TLS with this new line.

User avatar
The Head
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby The Head » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:22 pm

I think the only lines of this I would buy are marvel and maybe stuff like street fighter, MOTU and the like. Someone else mentioned some of the other similar figures out there like this. I dont remember all of the manufacturers, but I tend to like those better. Then again, it's hard to compare because I dont really collect harry potter so this initial wave wouldn't interest me anyway.

Long story short, I'm not sold, which is fine because I dont have the money or inclination to start another collection. Cool to see them expand though and there appears to be interest, so that's good too.
ISO: Sheldon Cooper t-shirt variants, Raj Koothrappali, Penny, Leonard Hoffstadter, OG Lando Calrissian, and MANY MORE!

User avatar
dexiesmom
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:29 am

The Head wrote:I think the only lines of this I would buy are marvel and maybe stuff like street fighter, MOTU and the like. Someone else mentioned some of the other similar figures out there like this. I dont remember all of the manufacturers, but I tend to like those better. Then again, it's hard to compare because I dont really collect harry potter so this initial wave wouldn't interest me anyway.

Long story short, I'm not sold, which is fine because I dont have the money or inclination to start another collection. Cool to see them expand though and there appears to be interest, so that's good too.

Well it’s good for them to start with a really popular line like Harry Potter. Then they can branch out to street fighter. Motu, etc.
Image ImageImage

User avatar
The Head
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby The Head » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:02 am

dexiesmom wrote:
The Head wrote:I think the only lines of this I would buy are marvel and maybe stuff like street fighter, MOTU and the like. Someone else mentioned some of the other similar figures out there like this. I dont remember all of the manufacturers, but I tend to like those better. Then again, it's hard to compare because I dont really collect harry potter so this initial wave wouldn't interest me anyway.

Long story short, I'm not sold, which is fine because I dont have the money or inclination to start another collection. Cool to see them expand though and there appears to be interest, so that's good too.

Well it’s good for them to start with a really popular line like Harry Potter. Then they can branch out to street fighter. Motu, etc.

Oh yeah, totally!! I don't question the decision at all. It's just not what would bring me personally to the line.
ISO: Sheldon Cooper t-shirt variants, Raj Koothrappali, Penny, Leonard Hoffstadter, OG Lando Calrissian, and MANY MORE!

User avatar
dexiesmom
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:42 pm

The Head wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
The Head wrote:I think the only lines of this I would buy are marvel and maybe stuff like street fighter, MOTU and the like. Someone else mentioned some of the other similar figures out there like this. I dont remember all of the manufacturers, but I tend to like those better. Then again, it's hard to compare because I dont really collect harry potter so this initial wave wouldn't interest me anyway.

Long story short, I'm not sold, which is fine because I dont have the money or inclination to start another collection. Cool to see them expand though and there appears to be interest, so that's good too.

Well it’s good for them to start with a really popular line like Harry Potter. Then they can branch out to street fighter. Motu, etc.

Oh yeah, totally!! I don't question the decision at all. It's just not what would bring me personally to the line.

I’m really interested to see how they look. Especially at the price point with the articulation.
Image ImageImage

User avatar
Pryde72
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Pryde72 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:17 pm

So apparently these were announced only a few weeks ago, and yet it’s felt like forever! These guys need to hurry up and be released, or else I need to forget about them and stop biting my nails in anticipation lol

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

I hope Hot Topic or Box Lunch will have them in store. I need to see these in person.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

MissKitty
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby MissKitty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 am

While I love HP, I'm not like Wow over these. Well, I like the packaging and I like some props, especially the cake, but not enough for me to purchase.

User avatar
CaptainMarvelCD
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 3:27 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby CaptainMarvelCD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 pm

I was trying to resist... I definitely don’t need another thing to collect. They’re just so cute though! The things that turned me are 1: Harry’s birthday cake. I mean come on... it’s so perfect, and 2: I genuinely like the way these look better than the minis which I also collect. I guess Funko has me by the short and curlies on this one.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
bspears82
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby bspears82 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Im glad they have accessories as well :)

User avatar
zwahelian
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:43 am
Location: San Diego

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby zwahelian » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 pm

So it looks like we’re getting a line of DC, Horror, and Nightmare Before Christmas 5 Star! Pretty stoked about horror, and I’ll have to get NBC as well.
Image
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 pm



Mystery Mini vs 5 Star.


Credit: @exclusivehunter via Instagram
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
lastmidnight
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:27 am
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby lastmidnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 pm

CaptainMarvelCD wrote:I was trying to resist... I definitely don’t need another thing to collect. They’re just so cute though! The things that turned me are 1: Harry’s birthday cake. I mean come on... it’s so perfect, and 2: I genuinely like the way these look better than the minis which I also collect. I guess Funko has me by the short and curlies on this one.


Yup, those Props are what really make these spectacular! Can’t wait to see them in person. They look so much better than the MM and there is no mystery involved!
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

User avatar
Vinyl4Blood
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 am
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm

I’m really glad they don’t have a line of batman or Deadpool five star yet or else I might be in trouble. Bats has a lot of accessories. Deadpool would be neat too with interchangeable weapons. If we do end up with a horror line... I can see freddy with his hat, Jason with his knife, etc. so that could be neat.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Minis, Dorbz & Pops!: 1700+ 80% OOB
Pop Grail wish list: BOBS BIG BOY Pop!, Bobs Big Boy Red Base Wobbler.
Image

User avatar
lastmidnight
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:27 am
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby lastmidnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:

Mystery Mini vs 5 Star.


Credit: @exclusivehunter via Instagram


Oh wow, these look even better when out side by side! The detail on the 5* is incredible! Also loving the proportions.
ImageImage
Hello! My name is Kate. / Pop Count: 702 / PSH Count: 136

User avatar
LatinFunko
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 am
Location: California

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby LatinFunko » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 am

Can't wait to see this new line in person.
Image :wwe5: Image


ISO: WWE Protos - Please send me a PM!

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

They are at the HQ store. Fyi
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
Hoodrat_jedi
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Hoodrat_jedi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am

Can we get some He-man and Thundercats in this line please ;)
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
ECCC 2018
Funday's 2017
"Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere 2017
Mask-O-Raid 2018

[color=#FF00FF]Main ISO's :
Batman Conan
SDCC 2014 Flocked Lion-O
SDCC 2014 GITD Mumm-Ra

“The Dude Abides" :-"

User avatar
RyGuySlytherin
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:34 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:They are at the HQ store. Fyi


Ahhh! I wish some would pop up on Ebay. I cannot wait for these to be released, I rearranged things last night and thankfully have a spot for this first wave :D

I wonder too if Fantastic Beasts 2will get a wave of these in the late fall/winter. It would be easy to include some smaller creatures with the figures and the style would be great on those characters. I know for FB we are getting Pops and plush but I would love to see this style for those characters.

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 am




DC :cheers:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4507
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Valde » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 am

Vinyl4Blood wrote:I’m really glad they don’t have a line of batman or Deadpool five star yet or else I might be in trouble. Bats has a lot of accessories. Deadpool would be neat too with interchangeable weapons. If we do end up with a horror line... I can see freddy with his hat, Jason with his knife, etc. so that could be neat.



There goes your Batman :)


Can’t wait to get some of the DC ones, hopefully no Barnes and Noble exlcusives.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Vinyl4Blood
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 am
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Valde wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:I’m really glad they don’t have a line of batman or Deadpool five star yet or else I might be in trouble. Bats has a lot of accessories. Deadpool would be neat too with interchangeable weapons. If we do end up with a horror line... I can see freddy with his hat, Jason with his knife, etc. so that could be neat.



There goes your Batman :)


Can’t wait to get some of the DC ones, hopefully no Barnes and Noble exlcusives.


Sigh... there goes my wallet. :mir1:
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Minis, Dorbz & Pops!: 1700+ 80% OOB
Pop Grail wish list: BOBS BIG BOY Pop!, Bobs Big Boy Red Base Wobbler.
Image

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby bakivali » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

I wonder if they will have a new one for SDCC, since last year they introduced Vynl figures and had an exclusive set right away.

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
Chernabog
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Chernabog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Love the idea of the 5 star figures, hope for some disney ones

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am

placeholders for the Walmart exclusives are here:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=89554
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am

Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 am

Commons at Gamestop.

https://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=5 star harry potter
Last edited by PopGoestheJess on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
MikeySanz
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby MikeySanz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 am

I really need to get better at navigating the boards! I was wondering where everyone was talking about these!

Avengers74
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Commons at Gamestop.

https://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=5 star harry potter


I keep checking their website to s e if any of the stores near me have got them in but none yet. Maybe later this week.

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 am

My Box Lunch got these in yesterday. Put out today. I love them. They are $10.99 at BL , but they have Lunch Money next month and $5 rewards.


Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Keychain and Mystery Mini for scale.

Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Avengers74
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm
Location: Orlando, Fl.

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 pm

I stopped at the mall tonight to check Box Lunch for Mystery Minis and walked out with all 5 Harry Potter Five Stars! They are super cute and I really think they even better in person. I love the little accessories, especially the birthday cake that comes with Hagrid.

User avatar
MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY
Posts: 5212
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:24 am

Honestly, these little things are amazing. I ordered Harry, since I love Hedwig, and I received it in the mail this week. The packaging on them is really well done, with the little velcro tab and window that allows you to see the figure and accessories without removing them from the packaging. I can't wait for more of them to be released
Image
I'm Abe

User avatar
nascar246788
Posts: 2461
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:00 pm
Contact:

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:44 am

This line is a very interesting one to me. I am not sure if I am on board with it quite yet. I am just not big into playing with my figures/collectibles. I like to display stuff.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PopGoestheJess
Posts: 2505
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:06 pm

They need to make pop up dioramas for these.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

User avatar
RyGuySlytherin
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:34 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Got my full this past weekend and took them out of the package. This may have become my second favorite Funko Harry Potter line instantly once I took them out. These are great little figures :D

User avatar
dexiesmom
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:Honestly, these little things are amazing. I ordered Harry, since I love Hedwig, and I received it in the mail this week. The packaging on them is really well done, with the little velcro tab and window that allows you to see the figure and accessories without removing them from the packaging. I can't wait for more of them to be released

That's great to hear about the packaging. I was wondering how the boxes were going to look in person. Can't wait to pick some up!
Image ImageImage

maxrecords
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby maxrecords » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm

this hit target in ohio FYI.

fieldsy32
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Re: NEW 5 star Vinyl line - Starting with Harry Potter!

Postby fieldsy32 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

I was able to see these at target the other day. I like them but it’s just not something that I am interested in. They are cool pieces and I think the accessories that come with them are awesome. I may take a second look at them and come to a final decision later, but right now I wouldn’t buy these.
Image


Eric

2017 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018 FDO


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calpolo17, MrSmileyFace