Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:19 am

Apparently, DC is making this month (April) DC Super Hero Girls month. There's a big push at Walmart and Target for this line, which explains the endcaps that people are seeing. I finally saw the Rock Candies at Walmart yesterday (though no B&W HQ).

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:54 am

Gothamite wrote:Apparently, DC is making this month (April) DC Super Hero Girls month. There's a big push at Walmart and Target for this line, which explains the endcaps that people are seeing. I finally saw the Rock Candies at Walmart yesterday (though no B&W HQ).


Interesting! I hope this is the month where we get the DC Super Hero Girls Rock Candies we want. :D
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Before anyone asks...no, I don't have any of the Pops. There're too many Pops/variants and too many characters, so I'm just sticking with Batgirl.

Image

Image

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 am

Gothamite wrote:Before anyone asks...no, I don't have any of the Pops. There're too many Pops/variants and too many characters, so I'm just sticking with Batgirl.



I wonder if Miss Piggy from The Muppets will receive the Rock Candy treatment?
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Well, there's at least a Wacky Wobbler. :)

Image

User avatar
Stu
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Stu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 am

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:Anyone managed to find the chase Red Moxxi at GameStop? I've been looking for her.


I saw the chase in a Gamestop across town from where I live. I was shocked to see a chase just sitting on the shelf.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

Grail: Biggs Darklighter
ISO: Chase Terrance and Phillip POP

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

Gothamite wrote:Well, there's at least a Wacky Wobbler. :)

Image


Oh. My. Gosh. :eek: I simply MUST get that for my collection! Thank you for sharing!
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am

Stu wrote:I saw the chase in a Gamestop across town from where I live. I was shocked to see a chase just sitting on the shelf.


Nice! :) All I see are regular Moxxis at all nearby GameStop.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Has anyone gotten one of the Gamestop mystery boxes that has the Chun Li Rock Candy? I saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-CANDY-CHUN ... 2879893939 So there must be a variant! Now I have to buy the box :)
ISO: Harry Potter Series 2 Mystery Minis: Buckbeak (HT)
Stranger Things Mystery Minis: Steve (Gamestop) and Eleven with Eggos (HT)

User avatar
TheNeck
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby TheNeck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:59 pm

kihou wrote:Has anyone gotten one of the Gamestop mystery boxes that has the Chun Li Rock Candy? I saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-CANDY-CHUN ... 2879893939 So there must be a variant! Now I have to buy the box :)

there is also a gold chun-li variant.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/

ISO - Any Street Fighter Proto, except common RYU(i have him now).
Image

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:17 pm

TheNeck wrote:there is also a gold chun-li variant.


Aren't the gold ones usually Pops?

User avatar
TheNeck
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby TheNeck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Gothamite wrote:
TheNeck wrote:there is also a gold chun-li variant.


Aren't the gold ones usually Pops?

yes but this time they have a gold chun-li rock candy.

Spoiler: show
Image
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/

ISO - Any Street Fighter Proto, except common RYU(i have him now).
Image

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Image

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

OMG O_O Hopefully the people getting the boxes for the pops are okay with trading or selling the Rock Candy for cheaper!
ISO: Harry Potter Series 2 Mystery Minis: Buckbeak (HT)
Stranger Things Mystery Minis: Steve (Gamestop) and Eleven with Eggos (HT)

User avatar
DrTarr
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 am

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby DrTarr » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

I picked up one of the Knockout boxes. No variants for me, but all of it looks great. This is only my second Rock Candy fig, but I like it.

User avatar
saban
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby saban » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:03 pm

I was so hoping that the variant would be the pop and not the Rock Candy. Ahhh, now I feel like I'm going to have to get a box to try my luck instead of just buying Chun Li off of Ebay.
IG: vickyisodd
Image

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 pm

saban wrote:I was so hoping that the variant would be the pop and not the Rock Candy. Ahhh, now I feel like I'm going to have to get a box to try my luck instead of just buying Chun Li off of Ebay.

That was my plan too, and it worked well for the Enchantress Rock Candy. No luck this time lol
ISO: Harry Potter Series 2 Mystery Minis: Buckbeak (HT)
Stranger Things Mystery Minis: Steve (Gamestop) and Eleven with Eggos (HT)

User avatar
Kaljor
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Krypton

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Kaljor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

TheNeck wrote:
kihou wrote:Has anyone gotten one of the Gamestop mystery boxes that has the Chun Li Rock Candy? I saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-CANDY-CHUN ... 2879893939 So there must be a variant! Now I have to buy the box :)

there is also a gold chun-li variant.


Are those boxes currently available or have they not been released yet?
My Name is Ernie

Image

User avatar
TheNeck
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby TheNeck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Kaljor wrote:
TheNeck wrote:
kihou wrote:Has anyone gotten one of the Gamestop mystery boxes that has the Chun Li Rock Candy? I saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-CANDY-CHUN ... 2879893939 So there must be a variant! Now I have to buy the box :)

there is also a gold chun-li variant.


Are those boxes currently available or have they not been released yet?

just released today in store, and available online as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... top/142255
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/

ISO - Any Street Fighter Proto, except common RYU(i have him now).
Image

User avatar
Kaljor
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Krypton

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Kaljor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:47 pm

TheNeck wrote:just released today in store, and available online as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/to ... top/142255


Thanks! Now I have to figure out if I want to buy a box and hope I get a gold or the color variant, or just wait for eBay.
My Name is Ernie

Image

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

kihou wrote:Has anyone gotten one of the Gamestop mystery boxes that has the Chun Li Rock Candy? I saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-CANDY-CHUN ... 2879893939 So there must be a variant! Now I have to buy the box :)


Interesting. I just might buy a box!
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 am

Gothamite wrote: Aren't the gold ones usually Pops?


I was thinking the same thing. My hope was the Chun-Li chase featured her in a another outfit.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 am

Kaljor wrote: Thanks! Now I have to figure out if I want to buy a box and hope I get a gold or the color variant, or just wait for eBay.


E-Bay for sure. Sure, some seller might charge up to $50, or less. But why spend more than $200 on boxes trying to get a chase?
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am

saban wrote:I was so hoping that the variant would be the pop and not the Rock Candy. Ahhh, now I feel like I'm going to have to get a box to try my luck instead of just buying Chun Li off of Ebay.


Better to stick with E-Bay. It's better than spending hundreds on boxes. Personally, I was hoping the chase would be of Chun-Li in a different outfit. Much like the Mad Moxxi chase.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am

kihou wrote:OMG O_O Hopefully the people getting the boxes for the pops are okay with trading or selling the Rock Candy for cheaper!


I'm naively hoping the chase will be available for, say, $20 maximum.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

DrTarr wrote:I picked up one of the Knockout boxes. No variants for me, but all of it looks great. This is only my second Rock Candy fig, but I like it.


Either way, congratulations! :cheers:
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:Better to stick with E-Bay. It's better than spending hundreds on boxes. Personally, I was hoping the chase would be of Chun-Li in a different outfit. Much like the Mad Moxxi chase.


Mad Moxxi was wearing the same thing, just a different color. ;)

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
Gothamite wrote: Aren't the gold ones usually Pops?


I was thinking the same thing. My hope was the Chun-Li chase featured her in a another outfit.

Her other outfit from like Alpha 3 would have been awesome! Maybe they will have more in the future.
ISO: Harry Potter Series 2 Mystery Minis: Buckbeak (HT)
Stranger Things Mystery Minis: Steve (Gamestop) and Eleven with Eggos (HT)

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby kihou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
kihou wrote:OMG O_O Hopefully the people getting the boxes for the pops are okay with trading or selling the Rock Candy for cheaper!


I'm naively hoping the chase will be available for, say, $20 maximum.

My friend who works at Gamestop has set me aside two boxes, so I hope that I can get two different ones (long shot), or trade the pop for one or both of the variants that I don't get. It's a stretch, but Rock Candy doesn't seem as popular yet so maybe someone out there won't mind! If not, I will resort to ebay for them.
ISO: Harry Potter Series 2 Mystery Minis: Buckbeak (HT)
Stranger Things Mystery Minis: Steve (Gamestop) and Eleven with Eggos (HT)

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:15 pm

I hate blind boxes. Some poor person out there can buy 10, 15, or even 20 boxes and end up with identical products. ](*,)

User avatar
Toralei
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Toralei » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Keep in mind that the boxes were originally supposed to release in May, and were just recently pushed up to In Stock online.

So there's still inventory out there, and figures are going to continue flocking to eBay for months to come. No need to get into bid wars yet, because that helps keep prices reasonable for everybody.

The moment somebody caves and pays $100 for a gold figure, every seller is going to demand that because that one guy got that much that one time. It's a $10 piece of plastic that cost Funko $3 to make. I think Gothamite has already adequately highlighted how much quality control $3 affords each figure. So... patience.

:cat:

User avatar
Gothamite
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Toralei wrote:I think Gothamite has already adequately highlighted how much quality control $3 affords each figure. So... patience.

:cat:


:roflmao: =D> :D

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

Gothamite wrote:Mad Moxxi was wearing the same thing, just a different color. ;)


Good point. :blush:
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 am

kihou wrote: Her other outfit from like Alpha 3 would have been awesome! Maybe they will have more in the future.


Exactly! Time will tell.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am

kihou wrote: My friend who works at Gamestop has set me aside two boxes, so I hope that I can get two different ones (long shot), or trade the pop for one or both of the variants that I don't get. It's a stretch, but Rock Candy doesn't seem as popular yet so maybe someone out there won't mind! If not, I will resort to ebay for them.


Sweet, that's awesome! :) I hope you can get a different chase in BOTH boxes.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:42 am

Gothamite wrote:I hate blind boxes. Some poor person out there can buy 10, 15, or even 20 boxes and end up with identical products. ](*,)


That's precisely why I avoid blind boxes. On the other hand, we could get lucky.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
saban
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby saban » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 pm

I got a pink dress Chun Li in my box and was able to get a blue dress Chun Li for less than $10 on Ebay. I"m sure the price on her will drop more but I'm okay with paying $10.
IG: vickyisodd
Image

User avatar
synergy56
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 pm

saban wrote:I got a pink dress Chun Li in my box and was able to get a blue dress Chun Li for less than $10 on Ebay. I"m sure the price on her will drop more but I'm okay with paying $10.

But are you going to go after that gold one. That's the question!
Hi, I'm Merri!
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm

saban wrote:I got a pink dress Chun Li in my box and was able to get a blue dress Chun Li for less than $10 on Ebay. I"m sure the price on her will drop more but I'm okay with paying $10.


Oh, my gosh, that's awesome! Congratulations! :)
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm

synergy56 wrote:But are you going to go after that gold one. That's the question!


Go for gold! :cheers: I would if I weren't so cheap wise with my money.
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users