The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
User avatar
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby icemanfan44 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:14 am

I gave my flocked space Chimp to Scott but had not seen another since.

Image

Than I discover one sold for a really good price and I missed it. Who got it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Spastik-P ... 7675.l2557
Image


They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

User avatar
funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 8716
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby funkystark » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:32 am

I had one of these way back when, great price for one today with the current resurgence of the spastik line.
Image
The only team that matters!

User avatar
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 1469
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:13 pm

Some lucky person was able to snag one on eBay last week for a phenomenal price. Anyone from here?
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

User avatar
RogueSolo
Posts: 3825
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm
Location: Southerntier, NY

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:21 pm

He's cute!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
THE BIG 5-0-0- Mystery Minis, and growing!
Image

User avatar
dee001
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby dee001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:47 pm

RogueSolo wrote:He's cute!


so cute!! <3 who has that fuzzy monkey
My name is Diana & I love Disney!
Image

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Litchfield Park AZ

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:07 pm

That flocked monkey is wicked! I like it!
ImageImage
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!!
ISO: ALL FUNKO SHOP CEREAL MASCOTS

User avatar
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby icemanfan44 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:Some lucky person was able to snag one on eBay last week for a phenomenal price. Anyone from here?

I'm hoping it is someone here who knows what it is. I hope it went ti a good home.
Image


They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 7085
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:05 pm

icemanfan44 wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:Some lucky person was able to snag one on eBay last week for a phenomenal price. Anyone from here?

I'm hoping it is someone here who knows what it is. I hope it went ti a good home.


I never saw it go up like everything on Gemini and Toy Tokyo around sdcc/nycc time #-o Will be adding this one to my list to find! [-o<
Image
IG: thejosh2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Image

So what's the story behind this furry guy?
I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though!

ImageSTILL HUNTING FOR A SOUTH PARK "KENNY" WACKY WOBBLER PROTO

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 7085
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:43 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:Image

So what's the story behind this furry guy?


:roflmao:

Orlando use to have a comic con called the Florida Xtravaganza (FX Show)..these were offered exclusively there in 2008 and are believed to be LE48. The rarity has partly to do with the fact that LTJ fans bought them and wanted them, not really knowing or caring what Funko was, thus further dwindling down the availability. The FX Show is long since defunct but i recall they had tons of Space Monkey customs that year too, offering a prize for the custom contest :-)

Give me a few and i'll add pics from the event from my PC.

Image

Image

Image

The custom makers...
Image
Image
IG: thejosh2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Very cool! Thanks for the info Josh =D>
I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though!

ImageSTILL HUNTING FOR A SOUTH PARK "KENNY" WACKY WOBBLER PROTO

User avatar
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby icemanfan44 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
icemanfan44 wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:Some lucky person was able to snag one on eBay last week for a phenomenal price. Anyone from here?

I'm hoping it is someone here who knows what it is. I hope it went ti a good home.


I never saw it go up like everything on Gemini and Toy Tokyo around sdcc/nycc time #-o Will be adding this one to my list to find! [-o<

I had one but Scott really was a MvsR completionist so I just gave it to him thinking "I will find another, no problem". That was 4 years ago and this is the first one I have seen available since then. :(
Image


They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:58 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Orlando use to have a comic con called the Florida Xtravaganza (FX Show)..these were offered exclusively there in 2008 and are believed to be LE48. The rarity has partly to do with the fact that LTJ fans bought them and wanted them, not really knowing or caring what Funko was, thus further dwindling down the availability. The FX Show is long since defunct but i recall they had tons of Space Monkey customs that year too, offering a prize for the custom contest :-)

Give me a few and i'll add pics from the event from my PC.

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

The custom makers...
Image


Man, I totally forgot about that from FX! I used to have a booth at FX for years when I was down there, I remember watching the custom contest. Did not make the Funko connection at the time (I just had a few Iron Man Wobblers back then). Thanks for posting the pictures!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/6000001057
Image Image

User avatar
treswright
Posts: 5456
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby treswright » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Woah, how cool! That is some serious flocking there, not like that wimpy little peach fuzz flocking they put on Pops these days lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Image

User avatar
Stu
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby Stu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 am

That is a really cool piece. I've been following that seller for a while, they have posted a lot of cool older stuff. I didn't see this when I was searching though. Must not have been up that long.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

Grail: Biggs Darklighter
ISO: Chase Terrance and Phillip POP

User avatar
videguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:47 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow AKA Knoxville TN
Contact:

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby videguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:23 pm

The monkeys weren't that bad to find. Try finding a GITD Science Guy, those are tough and expensive.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

User avatar
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 1469
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 11:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 am

videguy wrote:The monkeys weren't that bad to find. Try finding a GITD Science Guy, those are tough and expensive.


I totally believe you John, but there have been three GID Science Guys on eBay in the last couple months but for the life of me I can't find a Flocked Purple Space Monkey.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: HELL

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby dustman94 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:25 am

THERE IS ALSO A DARKER PINK FLOCKED MONKEY AND THEY ALSO HAS A GITD SPACE MONKEY WITH A HELMET WITH FX SHOW PRINTED ON HIS CHEST

User avatar
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby icemanfan44 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 am

dustman94 wrote:THERE IS ALSO A DARKER PINK FLOCKED MONKEY AND THEY ALSO HAS A GITD SPACE MONKEY WITH A HELMET WITH FX SHOW PRINTED ON HIS CHEST

good to see you posting, brother. I would love to see pics of those two. I appreciate you imparting some knowledge on us.
Image


They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: HELL

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby dustman94 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:43 pm

JUST ANOTHER NOTE THERE IS A FXSHOW MINI TIKE ALSO

User avatar
videguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:47 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow AKA Knoxville TN
Contact:

Re: The most rare of the Monkey Vs Robot spastik line?

Postby videguy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:18 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:
videguy wrote:The monkeys weren't that bad to find. Try finding a GITD Science Guy, those are tough and expensive.


I totally believe you John, but there have been three GID Science Guys on eBay in the last couple months but for the life of me I can't find a Flocked Purple Space Monkey.


I need to look again, it's one I need.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com


Return to “Vinyl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]