Walking Dead Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Bigsilv
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Bigsilv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:37 pm

We have Funko Subscription boxes for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and Disney. Now we need one for the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead has a ton of characters from the TV show and the comics to make this box great. How many people would love to get this Subscription and what character would you like to see in it first?

User avatar
eljefe81
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:56 pm

The only issue I would see is that you'd run out of themes really fast. The sub boxes already in existence have a rich history and stories to pull on. There's only so many "Prison" "Alexandria" "Saviors" boxes you can do. You could, in theory, do 6 boxes a year of just TWD exclusives with a pop or two each time, but I feel like Funko likes to be thematic with their boxes.
ImageStar Wars, Game of Thrones, and rare things

User avatar
Funko_Don
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 pm
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Contact:

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Funko_Don » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:35 pm

With the amount of Sub Boxes currently on the market, I don't know if people would be willing to shell out money for a 5th. That being said, I'm a big TWD fan, and I'd be willing to put down some cash for a yearly box of Funko TWD.
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
eljefe81
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Funko_Don wrote:With the amount of Sub Boxes currently on the market, I don't know if people would be willing to shell out money for a 5th. That being said, I'm a big TWD fan, and I'd be willing to put down some cash for a yearly box of Funko TWD.


Maybe if they roll out a few more spin-off series (like Fear the Walking Dead) then you could make bi-monthly sub box feasible, but otherwise you really would be looking at more of an annual offering. Which could be interesting for shows like TWD, GoT, Dr. Who, if Funko every so often did a one-time box, but that would be really a brand new business model for them. But I could see it working if they tied it in to a season premiere, especially the way we now have hit TV shows staggered through the year instead of all starting in the Fall and wrapping up in the Spring.
ImageStar Wars, Game of Thrones, and rare things

User avatar
coopscohen
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 am

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby coopscohen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:58 am

This would be awesome but as someone mentioned above not sure how sustainable it would be on a yearly basis due to lack of themes.

User avatar
kickinit
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 4:52 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby kickinit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Walking Dead would be nice, but I'm not sure if they do one since Skybound has their own subscription box with McFarlane Toys

User avatar
chaostryder
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:17 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby chaostryder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 am

Would definitely be in for a walking dead box but realistically it might be closer to a "television" box focusing on a different hit show every two months
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Older Freddies!

Krazydave2000
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:14 am
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Too many boxes! Haha

divade23
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby divade23 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am

Bigsilv wrote:We have Funko Subscription boxes for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and Disney. Now we need one for the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead has a ton of characters from the TV show and the comics to make this box great. How many people would love to get this Subscription and what character would you like to see in it first?

I could get on board with this for sure. They could make an exclusive to go with the sets they have already made for the seasons. Huge fan!
Diedre the Funko Fiend

User avatar
Valde
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 am

It would probably be more reasonable for Funko to do some sort of bi yearly Jumbo one off box of exclusive items of themes different to what are already out there. Similar in idea to the year one box it could be more money but more quantity.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Schl0
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 am
Contact:

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Schl0 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:42 pm

eljefe81 wrote:The only issue I would see is that you'd run out of themes really fast. The sub boxes already in existence have a rich history and stories to pull on. There's only so many "Prison" "Alexandria" "Saviors" boxes you can do. You could, in theory, do 6 boxes a year of just TWD exclusives with a pop or two each time, but I feel like Funko likes to be thematic with their boxes.


Definitely agree with you on this. I think we would just end up getting a bunch of goofy variants.
Proud Member of the Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness!
The Walking Dead
IG: @schl0 & @superfunkobros
Image

rosevanngo
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: So-Cal

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby rosevanngo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Just reading everyone's post. I'm a huge Dead fan. It should be really amazing if they had a Walking Dead Collectors Box. I do see the issue of potentially running out of themes but honestly fans that love a series will never shy away. I'm for it. They should create one.


Return to “Powered by Funko”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users