Walking Dead Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Bigsilv

Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby Bigsilv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:37 pm

We have Funko Subscription boxes for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and Disney. Now we need one for the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead has a ton of characters from the TV show and the comics to make this box great. How many people would love to get this Subscription and what character would you like to see in it first?

eljefe81

Re: Walking Dead Subscription Box

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:56 pm

The only issue I would see is that you'd run out of themes really fast. The sub boxes already in existence have a rich history and stories to pull on. There's only so many "Prison" "Alexandria" "Saviors" boxes you can do. You could, in theory, do 6 boxes a year of just TWD exclusives with a pop or two each time, but I feel like Funko likes to be thematic with their boxes.
ImageStar Wars, Game of Thrones, and rare things

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:35 pm

With the amount of Sub Boxes currently on the market, I don't know if people would be willing to shell out money for a 5th. That being said, I'm a big TWD fan, and I'd be willing to put down some cash for a yearly box of Funko TWD.
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Funko_Don wrote:With the amount of Sub Boxes currently on the market, I don't know if people would be willing to shell out money for a 5th. That being said, I'm a big TWD fan, and I'd be willing to put down some cash for a yearly box of Funko TWD.

Maybe if they roll out a few more spin-off series (like Fear the Walking Dead) then you could make bi-monthly sub box feasible, but otherwise you really would be looking at more of an annual offering. Which could be interesting for shows like TWD, GoT, Dr. Who, if Funko every so often did a one-time box, but that would be really a brand new business model for them. But I could see it working if they tied it in to a season premiere, especially the way we now have hit TV shows staggered through the year instead of all starting in the Fall and wrapping up in the Spring.
ImageStar Wars, Game of Thrones, and rare things

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:58 am

This would be awesome but as someone mentioned above not sure how sustainable it would be on a yearly basis due to lack of themes.

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Walking Dead would be nice, but I'm not sure if they do one since Skybound has their own subscription box with McFarlane Toys

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 am

Would definitely be in for a walking dead box but realistically it might be closer to a "television" box focusing on a different hit show every two months
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Older Freddies!

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Too many boxes! Haha

divade23

Postby divade23 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am

Bigsilv wrote:We have Funko Subscription boxes for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and Disney. Now we need one for the Walking Dead. The Walking Dead has a ton of characters from the TV show and the comics to make this box great. How many people would love to get this Subscription and what character would you like to see in it first?

I could get on board with this for sure. They could make an exclusive to go with the sets they have already made for the seasons. Huge fan!
Diedre the Funko Fiend

Valde

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 am

It would probably be more reasonable for Funko to do some sort of bi yearly Jumbo one off box of exclusive items of themes different to what are already out there. Similar in idea to the year one box it could be more money but more quantity.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:42 pm

eljefe81 wrote:The only issue I would see is that you'd run out of themes really fast. The sub boxes already in existence have a rich history and stories to pull on. There's only so many "Prison" "Alexandria" "Saviors" boxes you can do. You could, in theory, do 6 boxes a year of just TWD exclusives with a pop or two each time, but I feel like Funko likes to be thematic with their boxes.

Definitely agree with you on this. I think we would just end up getting a bunch of goofy variants.
ISO Protos: Six Paths Naruto/Toad Sage Naruto/Sakura (preferably color)
Proud Member of the Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness!
Funko Fiends
The Walking Dead
IG: @schl0 & @superfunkobros

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Just reading everyone's post. I'm a huge Dead fan. It should be really amazing if they had a Walking Dead Collectors Box. I do see the issue of potentially running out of themes but honestly fans that love a series will never shy away. I'm for it. They should create one.

Bigsilv

Postby Bigsilv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:44 pm

The Walking Dead is a large universe. As far as monthly themes go they can use story lines from past seasons, the comics, video games and FTWD.

Bigsilv

Postby Bigsilv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Krazydave2000 wrote:Too many boxes! Haha

Not everyone is subscribed to every box. It’s nice to have a variety.

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 pm

I would seriously be all over a TWD subscription box! An exclusive TWD Pop in each box (there are tons of characters that can be made with lots of variants) and TWD Pop shirts ... I would love it!! Do it, Funko!! :)
TOP WANTS:
The Walking Dead: 9" Bloody Daryl Toy Tokyo or Gemini exclusive
DC:Origina Penguin, Zur En Arrh Batman
Other: SDCC Goonies Superman Sloth

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm

I would love this, but make it quarterly. That would make it last a bit longer.
ISO: Sheldon Cooper t-shirt variants, Raj Koothrappali, Penny, Leonard Hoffstadter, Lando Calrissian, and MANY MORE!

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:41 pm

It would be nice
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am

It would be an interesting subscription box to have. It isn't my cup of tea, but I could definitely see a good following behind this box.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:39 am

I'd buy one if it happens

Return to “Powered by Funko”