MCC February: Superhero Showdowns (SPOILERS PAGE 4)

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
User avatar
Sn0wKing1
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Sn0wKing1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:42 am

Daredevil v Punisher or Thor v Hulk would be my personal favorite potential box ideas. Cap/Tony/Spidey can do with a bit of a break from sub boxes. Also a pretty good honorable mention for me would be Deadpool v Cable but I'm sure people wouldn't want another DP pop.
Pop count...172
Dorbz count...5 lol
Proto count...17 and rising
Mystery mini count...Calculating...

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm

I'm hoping we don't get another action pose Cap in this box. Also it'd be cool to get a couple PSH.
Image

User avatar
Classier
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Wherever you want me to be.

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Classier » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 pm

I don't think there's ANY room for disappointment in this one, because I love a good action pose. Very high hopes for this one.
Image

TheBatmanGuy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:46 pm

This:



was posted on their Facebook. I put it as a spoiler so the link wouldn't take up room, but basically all it says is that the box will contain a new POP that's never been done before. That's always good news!

jaybros82
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:32 am
Location: Niagara Falls NY

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jaybros82 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Thoughts on the new teaser? ?

User avatar
jkcohen626
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

jaybros82 wrote:Thoughts on the new teaser? ?


somebody on youtube said HULK vs. Abomination based on the colors of the boxes.
Image ImageImage
POP: 62
Pint Size Heroes: 20
Powered by Funko boxes: 14
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool
Latest: MCC Superhero Showdowns box

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5489
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

6-inch Abomination would be pretty cool too! Always down for more of those.
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm

TheBatmanGuy wrote:This:



was posted on their Facebook. I put it as a spoiler so the link wouldn't take up room, but basically all it says is that the box will contain a new POP that's never been done before. That's always good news!


This is awesome news! I was really hoping for a new character.

As for the new teaser, an abomination pop could be cool.
Image

jaybros82
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:32 am
Location: Niagara Falls NY

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jaybros82 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Finally a 6 inch hulk vs a 6 inch abomination! That would a great combo pop box

User avatar
jkcohen626
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

The one thing that worries me about doing two six inch POPs is that that might mean that they would have to downgrade to hat from a shirt to afford it.
Image ImageImage
POP: 62
Pint Size Heroes: 20
Powered by Funko boxes: 14
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool
Latest: MCC Superhero Showdowns box

User avatar
Boba_Fetish
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Boba_Fetish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm guessing that the teaser is teasing Hulk vs Thing; because isn't the Abomination green too? They'll probably be on the t-shirt.

As for the pop(s), I want a two-pack featuring Daredevil and Bullseye in fighting poses, like what was done for the Civil War box. And even though I despise chases in sub boxes, it would be kind of cool to have a yellow Daredevil instead of the red, in some boxes.
Image
Image

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 am

Still on the fence about this one. As exciting as a new character is to me, I really have no interest in getting another Iron Man, Dare Devil, Captain America, Spider-Man or Hulk, I have enough of those. Such a tough call for me, whether to spend the money or not on a box I may not really care for. Ugh.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 303
Dorbz: 19
Mystery Minis: 15
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Hikari: 1
Need- Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

Image

User avatar
Mysterious
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:20 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Mysterious » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:02 am

Some say it's this Two Gun Kid person and if it is it's gonna be a disappointing box for them.
People call me Kyle!

Image
Pops: 9
Mystery Minis: 4 i think
Pint Sized Heroes: 2
Latest Pop: Dean with FIrst Blade Hot Topic Exclusive
On the lookout for: SMuggler's Bounty Rebels Box!

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 am

Personally I've never heard of Bullseye or Two Gun Kid but even if one of those was the pop I'd probably be fine with it. There's been quite a few pops that have come where I had no idea who the character was. Like Squirrel Girl! I'm still hopeful this will be a good box.
Image

User avatar
TheBoilerman
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 10:41 pm
Location: Nevada, Missouri

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 am

I'm guessing the actual "showdowns" will be on the shirts. Several styles like the Ultron box.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 am

Different showdowns on the shirt would be cool. Also I wouldn't mind a dorbz in this box. Think the last time that we got one was the Year One Box.....
Also a mini hikari would be great!
Image

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5489
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:35 pm

I personally would probably be entertained by a Two-Gun Kid but I'm into all that weird crap when it comes to Marvel. There's plenty of people who aren't however. (Check the reactions to Morbius to get what I mean)
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Personally I wouldn't mind Two Gun Kid even though I've never heard of him.

Image

I think he'd make a pretty cool pop.
Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 am

Yeah zero interest in that lol
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
Boba_Fetish
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Boba_Fetish » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:30 am

Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!
Image
Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!

Exactly. I know a lot of obscure Marvel characters, but I've never ever heard or seen him anywhere before lol
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!


The latest teaser. It showed two boxes dressed as cowboys and had them do a shoot out. So some think Two Gun Kid is a possibility.

I think bullseye is more likely though because the box that won the shootout had bullseye's symbol on his ascot or bandanna or what ever you wanna call it.
Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:27 am

ScarletFunko wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:Why would anyone think that it's going to be him?! I sure hope they're wrong! I've always said that I thought MCC was a great release platform for some of the more obscure Marvel characters, but this guy a little too obscure for my tastes!


The latest teaser. It showed two boxes dressed as cowboys and had them do a shoot out. So some think Two Gun Kid is a possibility.

I think bullseye is more likely though because the box that won the shootout had bullseye's symbol on his ascot or bandanna or what ever you wanna call it.

If its two gun kid I'll give you $10 lol

Image
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
ScarletFunko
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

POPHawk wrote:If its two gun kid I'll give you $10 lol


I really doubt it'll be Two Gun Kid, just saying if for some reason it is the pop I'll be prepared for minor disappointment lol. Though again it probably would make a cool pop.
Image

User avatar
POPHawk
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Funkoland

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Fair enough lol
Alex for Toys&Stuff :salute:
Instagram: @toyssandstuff

ImageImage
POP Count: 45 (+17)Image
Latest POP: Mass Effect Andromeda PeeBee
Latest Pre Order:
Favourite POP: Earth 2 Batman(HT Exclusive)
Most Wanted POP: Darth Maul

User avatar
Shinfo13
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 pm
Location: San Dimas

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Shinfo13 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Glad I re-canceled my sub after the X-men box. I was unsure of whether I wanted to leave it for this Showdown box but now that they said there will be a new character Pop it pretty much eliminates the chances of a Red Skull happening. He is #1 on my fiance's hit-list for Marvel Pops and pretty high up on mine so we'd love for him to be redone at some point.

I'm really curious if the next box in April will be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 themed. The timing works out well since the movie comes out in May, but I can already hear the gripes people will post about the first Guardians box. lol
Collection
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... X6R0H3Q55/

Current Pop count: 765
Current Dorbz Count: 82
Newest Pop: Naruto (Six Path)
Favorite Pop: Ike Broflovski
Favorite Dorb: NYCC Thanos
ISO: Queen Amidala, Lando Calrissian, and original Akbar

Image

Lilbrimer23
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:Glad I re-canceled my sub after the X-men box. I was unsure of whether I wanted to leave it for this Showdown box but now that they said there will be a new character Pop it pretty much eliminates the chances of a Red Skull happening. He is #1 on my fiance's hit-list for Marvel Pops and pretty high up on mine so we'd love for him to be redone at some point.

I'm really curious if the next box in April will be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 themed. The timing works out well since the movie comes out in May, but I can already hear the gripes people will post about the first Guardians box. lol


Isn't that exactly why people should be excited about the possibilities? I mean volume 2 couldn't be worse than the first box without a pop!
My name is Jonathan, can I call myself a noob anymore? 1400 pieces and counting.

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE DORBZ
(Right Now)

Image

Image
Pops: 601
Dorbz: 301
Ridez: 20
Rides: 4
Minis: 312
Pocket Pop!: 56
Pint size Heroes: 101

\:D/

dad2my3
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 am
Location: California

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby dad2my3 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 am

First GotG box is still my family's favorite from the past year.

User avatar
jkcohen626
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Just bumping this topic
Image ImageImage
POP: 62
Pint Size Heroes: 20
Powered by Funko boxes: 14
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool
Latest: MCC Superhero Showdowns box

User avatar
MarvelPopFan75
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:52 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 pm

So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image

jaybros82
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:32 am
Location: Niagara Falls NY

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby jaybros82 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 pm

So new trailer is green goblin and spidey

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5489
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:15 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.

Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

User avatar
MarvelPopFan75
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:52 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:04 pm

Why are people talking about Two Gun Kid? Everyone knows if that pop ever comes out its going to be in a two-pack with Kid Colt. ;-)
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:The one thing that worries me about doing two six inch POPs is that that might mean that they would have to downgrade to hat from a shirt to afford it.


Shirts are far cheaper than a hat to produce so I wouldn't worry about that!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/20166000001057
Image Image

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5489
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:40 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Why are people talking about Two Gun Kid? Everyone knows if that pop ever comes out its going to be in a two-pack with Kid Colt. ;-)

Dear god he's right. I feel so blind.
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

User avatar
Classier
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Wherever you want me to be.

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:30 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.

Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

Morbius was a risk? I thought he was a rather well-known Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know Two Gun Kid existed until a couple weeks ago.
Image

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 5489
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Classier wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:So many great possibilities available for this kind of theme, but Funko has kind of gone with the path of least resistance after the Villians box. I expects that the box will end up being as good as the past few, but like them not as good as it could have been for big Marvel fans because they will go the safe route.

Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

Morbius was a risk? I thought he was a rather well-known Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know Two Gun Kid existed until a couple weeks ago.

You would think but upon the box's release the reactions to the character were EXTREMELY salty.
Image Image Image
I'm Julian. WANTED: Image

User avatar
Classier
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Wherever you want me to be.

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Classier wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Unfortunately this is the truth. I hope someday they take the risk again like with villains but it seems unlikely.

Morbius was a risk? I thought he was a rather well-known Spider-Man villain. I didn't even know Two Gun Kid existed until a couple weeks ago.

You would think but upon the box's release the reactions to the character were EXTREMELY salty.

Don't get me wrong, I really hate Morbius, but I thought he was more popular than that.
Image

User avatar
Toralei
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Toralei » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 pm

I'm assuming Netflix Wilson Fisk technically counts as a Kingpin.

While part of me would love to see Onslaught, I have a hunch that it's Arnim Zola. They could super-size the lens as his head, then do a 50/50 split of Arnim's face in the chest or Red Skull's face in the chest. Excellent way to do a character that might be a little too unconventionally designed for retail.

User avatar
Classier
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Wherever you want me to be.

Re: MCC February: Superhero Showdowns

Postby Classier » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 am

Toralei wrote:I'm assuming Netflix Wilson Fisk technically counts as a Kingpin.

While part of me would love to see Onslaught, I have a hunch that it's Arnim Zola. They could super-size the lens as his head, then do a 50/50 split of Arnim's face in the chest or Red Skull's face in the chest. Excellent way to do a character that might be a little too unconventionally designed for retail.

I would be incredibly happy to get an Arnim Zola in my box! The only downside is that we'd need a Cap for him to fight, and we already have about 3 action posed Caps.
Image


Return to “Powered by Funko”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]