Marvel Collector's Corps January 2020: Fantastic Four

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
dmitch86

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps November 2019: Marvel Holiday

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:03 am

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
booboo79 wrote:
They really do look like shot glasses, haha

It still cracks me up that what looks like a shot glass is called a toothpick holder lmoa

Seriously, who do they think they're fooling? Do shots have a super negative connotation that I'm unaware of?

Im sure its gotta be something to do with being considered alchohol memorabilia and in a box with toys
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 am

Cause we all know how many toothpicks kids use... lol

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
booboo79 wrote:

It still cracks me up that what looks like a shot glass is called a toothpick holder lmoa

Seriously, who do they think they're fooling? Do shots have a super negative connotation that I'm unaware of?

They could at least call them mini glasses or something...but a 'toothpick holder'?...c'mon lol
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:32 pm

I'd happily collect Funko toothpick holders. I used to collect the...adult versions before Pops and have a full display case full. Not sure where I'd put them, but pretty cool.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 526
Dorbz: 33
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, 13th Doctor SDCC w/ coat, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm

i'm sure the toothpick holders can be put to good use...i'm thinking they would be welcomed while waiting in line to get into fundays :D
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

3rd Place in 2019 Rookie Custom Contest

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

They could at least call them mini glasses or something...but a 'toothpick holder'?...c'mon lol

Agreed LOL
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps
Collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 819WEZFWW/

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
booboo79 wrote:

I worked at a Summer Camp this summer and one of my 10 year old Campers had the Thor shirt from the Endgame box. Believe it or not, there are kids who get this stuff. I think it's not that they really think that they're fooling anybody, it's that they have deniability if a parent complains that they sent a kid shot glasses. It's a hell of a lot easier to print "toothpick holders" instead of "shot glasses" than it is to deal with the headache of upset parents.
Approximate number of POPs: 270
Mystery Minis: 62
Pint Size Heroes: 64
Powered by Funko boxes: 24
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool
Most Recent Pick Up: GITD Deet and Baby Nurlock

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I worked at a Summer Camp this summer and one of my 10 year old Campers had the Thor shirt from the Endgame box. Believe it or not, there are kids who get this stuff. I think it's not that they really think that they're fooling anybody, it's that they have deniability if a parent complains that they sent a kid shot glasses. It's a hell of a lot easier to print "toothpick holders" instead of "shot glasses" than it is to deal with the headache of upset parents.

Exactly my thoughts as well
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Im sure its gotta be something to do with being considered alchohol memorabilia and in a box with toys

That would make sense for products being sold in stores, where anyone with cash in hand can purchase. But since we need an account and credit cards for these, I'm still just entertained.
#Team12pm Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:45 am

mongoose12 wrote:i'm sure the toothpick holders can be put to good use...i'm thinking they would be welcomed while waiting in line to get into fundays :D

Now you're REALLY talking a party! \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I can see both sides on this one. On the one hand, plausible deniability is a great thing, and I'm all for them protecting themselves. Of course parents can sign their kids up for the boxes, and then be surprised by the contents if they're not paying attention. But having seen box contents being sold individually at various cons and events, I know there's ways to get the cool stuff without purchasing the entire box. Ultimately, they'll call it what they call it, and we'll enjoy the contents of our boxes no matter what though, and that's what's important here!

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:32 am

Katers wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I can see both sides on this one. On the one hand, plausible deniability is a great thing, and I'm all for them protecting themselves. Of course parents can sign their kids up for the boxes, and then be surprised by the contents if they're not paying attention. But having seen box contents being sold individually at various cons and events, I know there's ways to get the cool stuff without purchasing the entire box. Ultimately, they'll call it what they call it, and we'll enjoy the contents of our boxes no matter what though, and that's what's important here!

Agreed. And if we don't enjoy it then do like we did with the ones that came in the Smugglers Bounty box and trade them away for something your kid can really use or that they like.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

GOING TO MY FIRST FUNDAYS IN 2019!!

Image Image

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm

A little more than 24 hours til the subscription closes! Been psyched for this to ship since the spoilers came out!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:A little more than 24 hours til the subscription closes! Been psyched for this to ship since the spoilers came out!

Totally agree - cant wait to actually get the box!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 pm

I like the box...but I was hoping for maybe a beanie or sweater or even a sweatshirt :( :( :( ;-) ;-) ;-)

Pop Grails ISO: Chase Riddler & Chase Peguin
Favorite Pop: Nick Fury w/ Goose the Cat
1st Pop: Hulk

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop
Facebook: Iz Salazar

ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:20 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I like the box...but I was hoping for maybe a beanie or sweater or even a sweatshirt :( :( :( ;-) ;-) ;-)

I agree, I would have loved a warm accessory.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ISO: Harry Potter & Borderlands Protos

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:18 pm

TheStephil wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I like the box...but I was hoping for maybe a beanie or sweater or even a sweatshirt :( :( :( ;-) ;-) ;-)

And it's the perfect time of year for something warm and cozy.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:21 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
Katers wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Agreed. And if we don't enjoy it then do like we did with the ones that came in the Smugglers Bounty box and trade them away for something your kid can really use or that they like.

Yeah, that's me with the 80th anniversary box. I don't need Thanos or Loki, but at some point someone will need them and they'll go to their proper home. I do love how great this community is about trading and honesty!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:22 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:A little more than 24 hours til the subscription closes! Been psyched for this to ship since the spoilers came out!

Totally agree - cant wait to actually get the box!

Cant' wait for this box! It'll be a nice bit of calm after the holidays and travel! Really something to look forward to! :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:24 pm

TheStephil wrote:

I think a significant portion of the country would have liked a warm accessory with this box. But it's not like they could predict the crazy weather hitting so many people!

GuruGuy128

Re: Marvel Collector's Corps January 2020: Fantastic Four

Postby GuruGuy128 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Okay we got our first theme for the new year is The Fantastic Four

Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 am

GuruGuy128 wrote:Okay we got our first theme for the new year is The Fantastic Four

I love it :cheers: really hope they stick with a retro theme.
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

3rd Place in 2019 Rookie Custom Contest

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:29 am

Early predictions are fully transparent Invisible Woman and either another pose for Mr. Fantastic or full flame GITD Human Torch.
Approximate number of POPs: 270
Mystery Minis: 62
Pint Size Heroes: 64