Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).

What's Next

Star Wars
44
34%
Pez
40
31%
Figures With Hats
26
20%
Music
18
14%
 
Total votes: 128

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5235
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Nice Freddy’s guys! I’m posting an older pic but I’ll try to get new stuff next week.

Mini Avengers.

Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:49 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Hey all, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! For this week I wanted to share my newest addition to the Boo Berry/Freddy family. This Boo Berry Freddy was released in (2011 for San Diego Comic Con.) He is limited 48pcs !! This Freddy is one of my favorites in the Freddy line, I think I say that about every Freddy Wobbler I have, they all rock. lol lol I have been trying to track this one down for the past 2 years, so I am very thankful to have him in the collection finally! Hope you all have been having a great week! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share!! Have a great rest of your week everyone and as always don't forget to smile!! ;-) ;-)
-Wobble On
Image


Look Boo Berry is in the house! Wow now that is awhile but good tracking skills to build that collection. Wonderful set and thank your the pictures/story. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:28 pm

.
Great Freddy's Tate and Renard. And old school Marvel is also always fun.

Keeping with the Freddy theme, I present a quartet of special Freddy's - the full-size Wobbler Pez Freddys. They're no longer in our collection, but thought I'd share a bit of Funko Freddy history for those that have never seen them. There were 48 of the 2002 Freddy's version and 24 of the GITD versions. They were pretty sweet.

Image
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
thefunkohunko
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby thefunkohunko » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Gotta go alongside Tate here and show my love for the cereal icons! After looking for almost a year, I finally found the glow variant of Boo Berry!

Image
Hey everybody, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
In search of Funatic Series GITD Count Chocula Wacky Wobbler!

Forever in search of a LE6 Swirl Boo Berry.:)
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
thefunkohunko
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby thefunkohunko » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:55 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Hey all, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! For this week I wanted to share my newest addition to the Boo Berry/Freddy family. This Boo Berry Freddy was released in (2011 for San Diego Comic Con.) He is limited 48pcs !! This Freddy is one of my favorites in the Freddy line, I think I say that about every Freddy Wobbler I have, they all rock. lol lol I have been trying to track this one down for the past 2 years, so I am very thankful to have him in the collection finally! Hope you all have been having a great week! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share!! Have a great rest of your week everyone and as always don't forget to smile!! ;-) ;-)
-Wobble On
Image


Great minds think alike! I knew you'd have this one in your hands soon! Congrats buddy
Hey everybody, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
In search of Funatic Series GITD Count Chocula Wacky Wobbler!

Forever in search of a LE6 Swirl Boo Berry.:)
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:46 pm

Congrats Austin. That's my favorite version of Boo Berry. A ghost should obviously glow in the dark.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 am

Some great shares this week, love the Marvel Wobblers and the Big Fred Wobbler to start today off!! Scotty the Pez Freddy's are amazing they are for sure on the wish list to own at some point! I think the glow one is my favorite! When it comes to you share Austin Boo Berry rocks one of my favorite characters when it comes to the ad icons! Thank you all for sharing everyone! Have a great rest of the week! The weekend is almost here! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:03 pm

BigM wrote:Nice Freddy’s guys! I’m posting an older pic but I’ll try to get new stuff next week.

Mini Avengers.

Image


Now that is old school Marvel right there BigM. Great set, thank you for sharing. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Might be a day late but I guess better late than never. Keeping with the Booberry theme this week.
Image
Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:35 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Might be a day late but I guess better late than never. Keeping with the Booberry theme this week.
Image


Awesome share man!! The fact you kept going with the Boo Berry theme rocks too!! Thanks for sharing!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5235
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:53 am

Good stuff this week! I don’t have a lot of Monster Cereal Funko but I love the variety of things they’ve made over the years. Love the pez Freddy’s too Scotty! Been searching for them at a price I can afford for years. Maybe one day.

I finally got a couple pieces that I’ve been putting off for years that I’ll share next week.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:57 pm

BigM wrote:Good stuff this week! I don’t have a lot of Monster Cereal Funko but I love the variety of things they’ve made over the years. Love the pez Freddy’s too Scotty! Been searching for them at a price I can afford for years. Maybe one day.

I finally got a couple pieces that I’ve been putting off for years that I’ll share next week.


Seeing the Variety of awesome things Funko has made over the years is super awesome I agree! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share next week. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:04 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Might be a day late but I guess better late than never. Keeping with the Booberry theme this week.
Image



What a great collection and Boo is looking of the chain. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:58 pm

.
8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Awfully quiet in here tonight.

The B&W Wacky Wobbler Freddy is an LE 48 and was given to the people who participated in the Custom Freddy Contest at the Vegas Fundays (Fundays 2) in 2003. And Mike Becker, being the nice guy that he is, gave everyone who entered a B&W Freddy. The top 3 places were also awarded other prizes besides the B&W Freddy.

Image

This pic is from a particularly large haul I acquired early on in my collecting. The pic doesn't even show a quarter of what I got that day. Man I miss those days.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 pm

Scotty starting off Wobbler Wednesday early!
I will continue your Freddy theme with the Freddy bobble car. A top favorite of mine. Plus threw in Freddy Funko soda as well. Hope to be lucky in buying the ECCC sodas this Thursday
Image
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:07 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Scotty starting off Wobbler Wednesday early!...


No wonder it was so quiet. :roflmao: It was Tuesday. I've done this before 8-[

Great Freddy car Zack. And good luck on Thursday. I crapped out with the lottery; nothing I really wanted (though the underdog soda was very tempting), but figured I could help someone out if I got in. Maybe next time.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Scotty starting off Wobbler Wednesday early!
I will continue your Freddy theme with the Freddy bobble car. A top favorite of mine. Plus threw in Freddy Funko soda as well. Hope to be lucky in buying the ECCC sodas this Thursday
Image


That bobble car is awesome. It is such a unique piece in the Funko world. That soda is pretty cool itself. Thank you for sharing. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:40 am

Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone!

Here’s my share this week, Sonic!

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:15 pm

Hey all, Happy Wobbler Wednesday! It is once again my favorite day of the week!! You all have already shared some awesome stuff so far! Scotty that B&W limited Freddy rocks, that is so nice Mike gave everyone who entered one of those!! Zack that Freddy duo is awesome the Freddy in the car is still one I need to add to my collection, it is so unique and really cool!! Renard that sonic wobbler rocks, I grew up playing Sonic so looking at that takes me right back to my childhood!! For today's Wobbler Wednesday, I wanted to share my "Wherehouse Music Gnomes!" These are so unique every time I look at there happy face it makes me smile! The grey hat one is possibly hand painted, I am not sure. The way it looks and the texture compared to the others is different! I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and just remember the weekend is almost here! Don't forget to smile! ;-)
-Wobble On!
Image
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5235
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Sonic Wobbler > Sonic pop. The original pop was fugly lol

Took me years to buy this set. They’re not rare or anything but I kept putting them off forever. I’ve had the protos for years but just never bought the production pieces. Happy to have them.


Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:54 pm

Very interesting Tate. The hat colors for the 4 production pieces (wearing the green clothes) were gold, silver, red, and yellow. From your pic, it looks like there is some yellow along the bottom edge. I guess someone preferred gray.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:14 pm

Scotty wrote:Very interesting Tate. The hat colors for the 4 production pieces (wearing the green clothes) were gold, silver, red, and yellow. From your pic, it looks like there is some yellow along the bottom edge. I guess someone preferred gray.


Wow that is crazy I never knew that. I am wondering if it would of been painted by Funko or someone else. The whole thing feels like it was painted not just the head so I am curious about the history behind this piece. :-k
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3648
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm

SpaceDude wrote:
Scotty wrote:Very interesting Tate. The hat colors for the 4 production pieces (wearing the green clothes) were gold, silver, red, and yellow. From your pic, it looks like there is some yellow along the bottom edge. I guess someone preferred gray.


Wow that is crazy I never knew that. I am wondering if it would of been painted by Funko or someone else. The whole thing feels like it was painted not just the head so I am curious about the history behind this piece. :-k


Sweet Gnomes, Tate! I must seriously be getting old, I can't remember what I did with the set I had.

I'm going to agree with Scotty here. It definitely looks like someone took it upon themselves to "customize" one of your Music Gnomes. Along with the 4 Gnomes Scotty mentioned, there was actually a 5th official custom that was made for a Funatic that passed away. His name was "Rick" if I remember correctly. I think it was ShoMeNodder that gave me all the details shortly after I joined the boards and was trying to complete a full set.

Here ya go, I found the details about "Red Hat Rick" in an old Forum post. Just scroll down a bit.
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=15&p=817756&hilit=rick+music+gnome#p817756
Last edited by MasterSplyntr on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I be Chris.


Image

User avatar
willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4705
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby willy wonka » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 pm

Awesome additions everyone!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
Scotty wrote:Very interesting Tate. The hat colors for the 4 production pieces (wearing the green clothes) were gold, silver, red, and yellow. From your pic, it looks like there is some yellow along the bottom edge. I guess someone preferred gray.


Wow that is crazy I never knew that. I am wondering if it would of been painted by Funko or someone else. The whole thing feels like it was painted not just the head so I am curious about the history behind this piece. :-k


Sweet Gnomes, Tate! I must seriously be getting old, I can't remember what I did with the set I had.

I'm going to agree with Scotty here. It definitely looks like someone took it upon themselves to "customize" one of your Music Gnomes. Along with the 4 Gnomes Scotty mentioned, there was actually a 5th official custom that was made for a Funatic that passed away. His name was "Rick" if I remember correctly. I think it was ShoMeNodder that gave me all the details shortly after I joined the boards and was trying to complete a full set.

Here ya go, I found the details about "Red Hat Rick" in an old Forum post. Just scroll down a bit.
https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic. ... me#p817756


Appreciate it! Yeah they are so cool and unique I hope to track down the other ones they made! Interesting, I appreciate you sharing the info and helping me try to figure it out. I know the boards is the best place to figure stuff out like this! I will check out that detail link you shared!! Thank you for sharing that old post!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:52 pm

SpaceDude wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
Wow that is crazy I never knew that. I am wondering if it would of been painted by Funko or someone else. The whole thing feels like it was painted not just the head so I am curious about the history behind this piece. :-k


Sweet Gnomes, Tate! I must seriously be getting old, I can't remember what I did with the set I had.

I'm going to agree with Scotty here. It definitely looks like someone took it upon themselves to "customize" one of your Music Gnomes. Along with the 4 Gnomes Scotty mentioned, there was actually a 5th official custom that was made for a Funatic that passed away. His name was "Rick" if I remember correctly. I think it was ShoMeNodder that gave me all the details shortly after I joined the boards and was trying to complete a full set.

Here ya go, I found the details about "Red Hat Rick" in an old Forum post. Just scroll down a bit.
https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic. ... me#p817756


Appreciate it! Yeah they are so cool and unique I hope to track down the other ones they made! Interesting, I appreciate you sharing the info and helping me try to figure it out. I know the boards is the best place to figure stuff out like this! I will check out that detail link you shared!! Thank you for sharing that old post!


So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3648
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:48 pm

SpaceDude wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
Sweet Gnomes, Tate! I must seriously be getting old, I can't remember what I did with the set I had.

I'm going to agree with Scotty here. It definitely looks like someone took it upon themselves to "customize" one of your Music Gnomes. Along with the 4 Gnomes Scotty mentioned, there was actually a 5th official custom that was made for a Funatic that passed away. His name was "Rick" if I remember correctly. I think it was ShoMeNodder that gave me all the details shortly after I joined the boards and was trying to complete a full set.

Here ya go, I found the details about "Red Hat Rick" in an old Forum post. Just scroll down a bit.
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=15&p=817756&hilit=rick+music+gnome#p817756


Appreciate it! Yeah they are so cool and unique I hope to track down the other ones they made! Interesting, I appreciate you sharing the info and helping me try to figure it out. I know the boards is the best place to figure stuff out like this! I will check out that detail link you shared!! Thank you for sharing that old post!


So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image


Oh, that's awesome! You have some Funko history there. Best of luck in your search for the others, Nate!
I be Chris.


Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
Appreciate it! Yeah they are so cool and unique I hope to track down the other ones they made! Interesting, I appreciate you sharing the info and helping me try to figure it out. I know the boards is the best place to figure stuff out like this! I will check out that detail link you shared!! Thank you for sharing that old post!


So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image


Oh, that's awesome! You have some Funko history there. Best of luck in your search for the others, Nate!


Appreciate it brother! Thank you!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Tusken » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:03 pm

renardchua wrote:Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone!

Here’s my share this week, Sonic!

Image


Sonic is the man. Nice piece. Now the question is did they make a Tails? :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5235
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 pm

Tusken wrote:
renardchua wrote:Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone!

Here’s my share this week, Sonic!

Image


Sonic is the man. Nice piece. Now the question is did they make a Tails? :freddy3:



Yes. And a Knuckles as well.

Image
Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby Scotty » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:41 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
Appreciate it! Yeah they are so cool and unique I hope to track down the other ones they made! Interesting, I appreciate you sharing the info and helping me try to figure it out. I know the boards is the best place to figure stuff out like this! I will check out that detail link you shared!! Thank you for sharing that old post!


So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image


Oh, that's awesome! You have some Funko history there. Best of luck in your search for the others, Nate!


So, this is all so full circle. The link Chris provided brings you to a post by Ross (unoudid) with the same quote that Tate posted about the Red Hat Rick. But if you look at what Ross wrote above the copied factoid about the Red Hat Rick, you'd see:

"The next piece is a really special and touching gift from Scott. He included this with a piece I bought from him. He included the background info on this mini wobbler and needless to say, it's an amazing piece of Funko History."

That blurb on Red Hat Rick was what I sent to Ross in an email or PM to explain the piece I was gifting him. :cheers:

During the 2012-2013 timeframe when I started collecting, the Red Hat Rick was usually given as a gift from one Funatic to another. I had two gifted to me, which was why I passed one on to Ross.

And yes, I still have mine. All these guys made the cut when I downsized my collection.

Image
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Scotty wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image


Oh, that's awesome! You have some Funko history there. Best of luck in your search for the others, Nate!


So, this is all so full circle. The link Chris provided brings you to a post by Ross (unoudid) with the same quote that Tate posted about the Red Hat Rick. But if you look at what Ross wrote above the copied factoid about the Red Hat Rick, you'd see:

"The next piece is a really special and touching gift from Scott. He included this with a piece I bought from him. He included the background info on this mini wobbler and needless to say, it's an amazing piece of Funko History."

That blurb on Red Hat Rick was what I sent to Ross in an email or PM to explain the piece I was gifting him. :cheers:

During the 2012-2013 timeframe when I started collecting, the Red Hat Rick was usually given as a gift from one Funatic to another. I had two gifted to me, which was why I passed one on to Ross.

And yes, I still have mine. All these guys made the cut when I downsized my collection.

Image


Very awesome Scotty, thank you for sharing that with me. That is so cool that you gifted that to him. Sorry I missed that and I didn't mention the part talking about how it was gifted that is so nice of you. Thank you for sharing a picture of the other ones with the different color hats, that gold hat one is really cool! I have to say these smiley gnomes are pretty awesome and unique and I am glad I was able to add them to my collection!! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3648
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Scotty wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:
So this is what I found on one of the ones that I have. I never knew there was history behind it! I feel honored to have this one in memory of Rick! here is what I found from that article I am going to quote the old post!
"In Dec 2005, Funko made a mini-wobbler gnome (using the Wherehouse Music Gnome form), sporting a red hat and red coat, and a pony tail in honor or Funatic Rick Bartel (board name : shannon) who was terminally ill. Letsgetwacky.com lists the production number at 240, but according to posts on the board,Rick was sent 50 and FunkoFanJim was sent 100. Rick Passed away in early January 2008."
Image


Oh, that's awesome! You have some Funko history there. Best of luck in your search for the others, Nate!


So, this is all so full circle. The link Chris provided brings you to a post by Ross (unoudid) with the same quote that Tate posted about the Red Hat Rick. But if you look at what Ross wrote above the copied factoid about the Red Hat Rick, you'd see:

"The next piece is a really special and touching gift from Scott. He included this with a piece I bought from him. He included the background info on this mini wobbler and needless to say, it's an amazing piece of Funko History."

That blurb on Red Hat Rick was what I sent to Ross in an email or PM to explain the piece I was gifting him. :cheers:

During the 2012-2013 timeframe when I started collecting, the Red Hat Rick was usually given as a gift from one Funatic to another. I had two gifted to me, which was why I passed one on to Ross.

And yes, I still have mine. All these guys made the cut when I downsized my collection.

Image


Thanks for sharing, Scotty! So awesome!
I be Chris.


Image

User avatar
nightbodega
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:20 pm

I wish a lot of lines like Wobblers would come back. Would like to see some other ones made into that line.

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm

nightbodega wrote:I wish a lot of lines like Wobblers would come back. Would like to see some other ones made into that line.


I totally agree I would love to see the Wobbler line come back! It would be awesome!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby renardchua » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:45 am

Another Wednesday is upon us!

Here’s my share for this week, GITD Bone Daddy!

Happy Wobbler Wednesday, everyone! :)

Image
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Awesome glowing Bone Daddy Renard!
I will double down on the glow awesomeness with a pic of my glow Bat Boy wobbler
Image
:freddy3: Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Hey all, it is once again my favorite day of the week! There has already been some great shares this week! Renard the glow mini bone daddy is awesome the glow is so bright! Zack that Bat Boy is super cool and the scenery around it makes it looks very awesome!! For this week I want to share my updated El Diablo collection. I am far from complete with these guys but this line is super awesome and unique and one of my favorites for sure. I had to also include my "El Diablo display" in the background looking at his Wobbler's. I hope everyone has had a great week so far. As always remember to smile!!
-Wobble On! ;-)
Image
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5235
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby BigM » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:27 pm

I’ll go with the glow theme. Old pic but it works.

Batboy is one of my all time favorite wobblers!
El Diablo is legit!

Image
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Wobbler Wednesday Thread!- FREESTYLE

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:17 am

BigM wrote:I’ll go with the glow theme. Old pic but it works.

Batboy is one of my all time favorite wobblers!
El Diablo is legit!

Image


Great share man, glow pieces rock!! Thank you man, yes El Diablo is super legit!! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Image ImageImageImage Image


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users