Legacy Wish List

Let's talk about Funko and Super 7's great line of ReAction and Legacy action figures. They don't bobble or pop, but they thrill in their own fun way.
Pumpkin King

Re: Legacy Wish List

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:
Pumpkin King wrote:I would love a series of X Files figures. I miss that show so much.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :bounce:

Take my money!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Scully
Mulder
Cigarette Smoking Man
An Alien or two
Skinner
Lone Gunmen
X
So many great aliens and monsters to choose from!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

arjybarjy

Postby arjybarjy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 am

Looks like GoT will be coming as Legacy figures. Popcultcha has The Hound, White Walker, Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark, Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow up for preorder, due in February 2014. They vary in size from 5" for Tyrion to 8" for The Hound and White Walker figs. No pics yet though.
Hi, I'm Hannah

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:32 am

Nice!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am

arjybarjy wrote:Looks like GoT will be coming as Legacy figures. Popcultcha has The Hound, White Walker, Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark, Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow up for preorder, due in February 2014. They vary in size from 5" for Tyrion to 8" for The Hound and White Walker figs. No pics yet though.

The descriptions say Dany will have all 3 baby dragons & the Hound comes with his helmet! I should just have my February pay checks sent right to Funko with the amount of GoT stuff coming out that month - Series 3, mystery minis & now legacy figures...I'm going to need more display space :)
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Okay, this line is making me eek out anticipation farts.

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm

arjybarjy wrote:Looks like GoT will be coming as Legacy figures. Popcultcha has The Hound, White Walker, Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark, Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow up for preorder, due in February 2014. They vary in size from 5" for Tyrion to 8" for The Hound and White Walker figs. No pics yet though.

I was hoping for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they look good.
John
President of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness,
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8 , and now F.D.O.9

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I really cannot wait until Toy Fair.

This is awesome.

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Can't wait to see pics. This will be an expensive series though.
John

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Probably about 25 bucks a figure. But for a highly articulated, well-detailed figure, that's the going rate. I'd rather pay 25 bucks for a great Funko product than 10 dollars for the cheap crap Hasbro puts out. Or worse yet, 30 dollars for those GoT STATUES that Dark Horse is putting out. Seeing as how I thought that those were the only GoT figures we were going to get, now that I know better-CANCELLED. Funko is where it's at!

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:31 pm

And ESPECIALLY since a White Walker is coming!

The only figure I didn't see on there that I hope is coming down the pipeline is Drogo.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

They could be about 20, that is what SW Black series is priced at
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Not a Game of Thrones guy, but I think it's super cool that they will vary in size to be in scale with each other, if that's what the description means. Marvel Legends had wonky scale sometimes, always bugged me.
2012 Rookie of the Year

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I want those glams
John

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Yeah, not a fan, but still interested to see them. Bet they will do well.

Eddie, you mean like Iron Man being way shorter than the rest of the figures a couple series ago? Ha I passed on it for that reason.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Yea! Or wolverine being bigger! Series 1 wolverine was huge! Iam sure there is others that were outta wack, can't really think of any right now, there was Thing that was super small too, and one really huge.

I am hoping for Amazing World of Gumball figures.....
2012 Rookie of the Year

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Dude, if X-Files figures come from this....I will faint into my baked potato.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 pm

I was referring to the newer ML releases. I cant even recall much about the series when Toy Biz had it or when Hasbro first released them as far as scale. I do recall Iron Man being really small in new series. Like puny.

Gumball is a great show, but Brian is gonna be releasing movie lines, tv shows, like human type stuff. Did that make sense? In other words no cartoons since he is aiming for realistic type figures. Like ML, SW Black series etc.

X Files looks like it might indeed happen! Imma gonna die!
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I know what iron man you are talking about, maybe from the two packs? I think that was tiny, had super thin waiste too!

I know Neca does hunger games, really wish I could get a Katniss with articulation.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:26 pm

No it was the Iron Man from the Return of ML series one. Reg was red/gold and chase was two toned blue. Extremis I think it was called?

Yeah NECA has Hunger Games locked up. They have a master license on it, meaning they can make toys and tees and more.
Does their version not have decent articulation? I know their Alien and Predator lines have around 30 points each.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah, I have Katniss and rue from the first movie, there is some, but doesn't allow for action posing.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm

My oldest daughter use to love Twilight, thankfully she grew out of it, she had a Jacob figure and that was literally just a hunk of plastic. Two points of articulation, his neck moved and the waist. And it ended up breaking at the waist. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 am

I like Game of Thrones but some of the other possible licenses excite me even more. X- Files would be really great! I'm also hoping Star Trek will find its way in the 6" format too. Diamond Select Toys are ok, but it would really be fantastic to have Captain Kirk which is as pose able as the Star Wars Black Series! It would also be great if Funko made a grab for The Hobbit license and maybe even Harry Potter. The Bridge Direct really dropped the ball with The Hobbit and I don't think they will ever regain thier credibility!

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Well, to be fair, that may not be entirely Bridge Direct's fault, and more the movie studio's.

Regardless, I can't wait for GoT. Looks like the listings on Popcultcha got taken down, which always lends some credence to it!

Also can't wait on possible X-Files Legacy figures. I have SO LONG wanted a full out X-Files line. That was my show growing up! And the McFarlane figures just don't hold up well.
Last edited by Blanka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Man, I use to have every Mcfarlane X Files figure made. Good times. Cant wait to see what Brian has planned. Deff need an updated line.

I use to be home to watch the X Files each week, no matter what plans I had, they would be scheduled around the show. I still have a "I want to believe" mini poster on my fridge.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)
Last edited by Blanka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm

I just hope that there's no snags with likeness issues, and picky actors with this line!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:25 pm

There are some great suggestions and rumours in this thread.

I support the call for "Disney Afternoon" action figures. Scrooge McDuck, Gizmoduck, Darkwing Duck and many others would be awesome.

The rumours about Buffy/Whedonverse, X-Files and Game of Thrones are all pretty great. I'd definitely be interested in a decent Mulder, Scully, Daenerys and Tyrion. And I'm curious about any future Buffy action figures, even though I'm pretty happy with the "Deluxe" versions of Buffy, Faith, Willow, Kendra, Spike and Angel released by DST. It would be awesome to finally complete Angel's gang with Gunn one day.

I'm not sure how I feel about Doctor Who. I mainly just want Character Options to continue their 5" action figures with the War Doctor and the Capaldi Doctor. But, if Funko could guarantee a release of all 13 iterations of The Doctor, then I'd definitely be interested in switching scales for a "complete" collection.

My personal number one want is XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS! It would fit with the "90s TV" theme together with Buffy and X-Files.

Surely Xena and Gabrielle also deserve to receive some decent action figures so that I can have them battling with the Scooby Gang, the Charmed Ones and others who already have decent action figures.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Think Xena might fit in nicely with the 3.75 retro Reaction line. Never was really a fan, but she is hot. :)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Blanka wrote:Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)

Gonna make myself seem old here but...
I use to video tape (VHS kids) The X Files every week in order they were shown. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes from season 1 till the bitter end. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Bud, I am right there with you. lol

I know at 31, it doesn't seem that old, but I'm starting to get to the age now where I need nieces and nephews to explain new technology to me. lol

"Okay, I push WHAT button now??"

PS--there was a video game released a few years ago called "Alan Wake". I used to pretend that that was an X-Files game and the main character was Mulder--since we haven't had a good X-Files game in a bit (if ever, really).

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm

I remember when the box sets came out on DVD for the first time. Hella expensive. Ha
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Poe Ghostal

Postby Poe Ghostal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 am

I actually wrote this up recently as part of a post on my site about NICDIP ("Now I Can Die In Peace") toy lines. Not sure which of these are feasible due to current rights situations, but here's the list I wrote at the time.

6″ decently-articulated Mystery Science Theater 3000 figures
Every monster from The Monster Squad in 6″ scale
A well-articulated 6″ John McClane from Die Hard
A well-articulated 6″ Terminator
A well-articulated 6″ Conan the Barbarian

I'd throw the X-Files in there, too. And while I suspect it's not possible to get the rights right now, Ghostbusters and Back to the Future would be fantastic.
Jubal Early for Firefly Legacy!

Agent 86

Postby Agent 86 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:03 pm

So ... how do people expect Legacy to be released? Will each series/wave be focused on a single licence? Or will there be a mix of licences in each series/wave?

The rumoured list of "Game of Thrones" action figures indicates that each series/wave will be focused on a single licence. But, perhaps other series/waves will be a mix? While GOT has enough characters to support entire waves, I could see licences like X-Files or Doctor Who being broken up across multiple series/waves in mixed cases.
XENA: Warrior Princess AND Gabrielle: Battling Bard deserve to be immortalised in plastic as Funko Pops!

bgiles73

Postby bgiles73 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Just thought, it would be awesome to have a few characters from "Sherlock" show up in here too! I like the mixed wave ideas here too. I used to love the McFarlane "Movie Maniacs". Where you would get a wave of like 5 cool characters from all these different movies.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:48 pm

You know...I may be in the minority on this one...

But I would love a series of Reno 911 Legacy figures.

Lt. Dangle
Junior
Garcia
Weigel
Jonesy
Williams
Weigel
Johnson

And maybe a couple of perps like Big Mike and Terry.

It will never in a million years happen. But, it actually almost happened once from Jazwares. I would love to see it.

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 am

I also think that Supernatural is LOOOOOOOOONG due for a figure line.

Great show, and how many seasons now? 9?

And no figures? Insane.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

I could see Brian doing Supernatural
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Blanka

Postby Blanka » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 pm

AHHH! this line is just too good to be true! I am, however, staying cautiously optimistic.

So many times in the past I feel like we've been burned, hearing about or seeing lines, and getting so excited, only to see them never come to fruition (I'm looking at YOU, MAC's X-Files line!). Not saying that Brian doesn't have all his ducks in a row, but still...

TulaBug
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby TulaBug » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:
Blanka wrote:Yup. I had a girlfriend wanting to make out in the theater during the release of the movie. At 15 years old in 1998, I turned down a make out session to watch X-Files! THAT'S the show's importance! :)

Gonna make myself seem old here but...
I use to video tape (VHS kids) The X Files every week in order they were shown. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes from season 1 till the bitter end. Ha

Chris, at least they are VHS and not Beta :roflmao:
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Return to “Action Figures”